infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - NFL week 14

infrared41

Is it really week 14 already? We had a few good match ups this week, one train wreck, and what just might be one team's last best list appearance for a while. Let's put 60 seconds on the clock and play our game.

Best:

1. Colts - Browns: Sadly, this is probably the last time for at least five years that we'll see the Browns in their classic home uniforms. Thanks to the Colts, these great Browns home uniforms go out on a perfect match up and take the top spot on the best list. (OK, I'll admit that sentiment played a small role in putting this one at #1.) I'm sure we're all curious to see what the Browns come up with in their effort to improve on perfection. I can't say I'm optimistic. I'm giving this game two pictures just because.

460106272_10_1417999753262_10610240.jpg16519032-standard.jpg

2. 49ers - Raiders: Two fantastic uniforms on display here. Every NFL game should look this good.

3036ca0cf5846d4e39178690ae954d76.jpg

3. Jets - VIkings: Classic match up of old and new. Yeah, the Jets should wear better socks, but it's still a fine looking uniform. The Vikings are making up for all those seasons on the worst list.

e8e931c5-18ca-4561-b8c3-5cc09580e323.jpg

4. Cowboys - Bears: Unless they're playing a team that simply has no business being here, you can always count on the Bears home uniforms making the best list. There isn't a better home look in the NFL.

1297638567794_ORIGINAL.jpg

Worst:

1. Seahawks - Eagles: I'll admit that Seattle's road uniforms are among the better bad looks in the league, but they're still not very good. Add in the disaster that is the Eagles in monochrome black, and we have our one and only worst list game of the week.

280-P1hcr.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll do it all over again next week. Thanks for dropping by.

BB52Big.jpg

I can't believe any one defends the Seahawks look.

I'm not saying it's worthy of the best list (leave that to the classic looks), but I love the Navy-Neon contrast and the design is the second best-executed of the Nike full-on rebrands.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Ugh, I can never take you seriously with Seattle on the worst list. The rest of the list is great, though.

I don't think Seattle's look is flat out awful (I even said so in the post) but when it's combined with those awful all black Eagles uniforms, it makes for a really ugly game. Honestly, do you really think that was a good looking game?

BB52Big.jpg

I'm not saying it's worthy of the best list (leave that to the classic looks), but I love the Navy-Neon contrast and the design is the second best-executed of the Nike full-on rebrands.

On a list with Jacksonville and Tampa, this is very much like being the skinniest kid at fat camp.

I think that Seattle should wear these on the road more often than not.

hi-res-6855546_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

But the blue pants is probably a more popular opinion. I just think the grey's are highly underrated.

Those are alternates, so they can only use them twice a year.

My top 2 are:

St. Louis-Washington

49ers-Raiders

My bottom 2:

NY Giants-Titans

Houston-Jacksonville

Ugh, I can never take you seriously with Seattle on the worst list. The rest of the list is great, though.

I don't think Seattle's look is flat out awful (I even said so in the post) but when it's combined with those awful all black Eagles uniforms, it makes for a really ugly game. Honestly, do you really think that was a good looking game?

Not a necessarily good looking game, but not worthy of the worst list. Just my two cents.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I think that Seattle should wear these on the road more often than not.

hi-res-6855546_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

But the blue pants is probably a more popular opinion. I just think the grey's are highly underrated.

Those are alternates, so they can only use them twice a year.

My top 2 are:

St. Louis-Washington

49ers-Raiders

My bottom 2:

NY Giants-Titans

Houston-Jacksonville

It's an opinion. One that I agree with too.

spacer.png

Not a necessarily good looking game, but not worthy of the worst list. Just my two cents.

That I agree. The two games I mentioned are far worse than this one.

I like their new look, despite a few glaring flaws that have been discussed ages ago. This particular combo happens to look pretty good to me.

However, with the Eagles looking like a silly high school team, and the clash of the navy against black against midnight green, this game absolutely deserved the nod as worst.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like their new look, despite a few glaring flaws that have been discussed ages ago. This particular combo happens to look pretty good to me.

However, with the Eagles looking like a silly high school team, and the clash of the navy against black against midnight green, this game absolutely deserved the nod as worst.

Yeah, if they went with green/white, that would find a spot on my best list. But the Eagles really blew it.

Seems like the Seahawks like to use the white/blue combo late in the year. We might not see the white pants.

Archived