Youth Football Uniform Nightmare

JGCleveland

I found some a video of them in action after searching online. Turns out they are the Maryland Seahawks.

I apologize on behalf of my home state.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those uniforms are amazing. Seattle should try and use something like that. It would really freshen up the NFL. In a good way too.

I'm guessing you're not a Seahawks fan.

I wouldn't watch Seahawk games if that were their uniforms. I'd get blinded.

1661124_10151857142605216_1191623787_n.j

This is the team I played for the only year I played football. I went to a sports store in town and saw a sign that was like SIGN UP FOR DUNEDIN FALCONS FOOTBALL, LOOK AT THESE SICK JERSEYS

I get mad that people like this are making money on just piss poor designs. Sometimes frustration isn't justified but damn, are you serious?

This will hit college in 7 to 10 years. NFL in about 15 to 20.

Apparently you haven't seen the adidas one offs over the past few seasons. Some of the '94 throwbacks also mimicked this look. This option is already out there for a full time design but nobody has been willing to pull the trigger.

Ick. They have a small hint of something good with the big logo, but the shameless overuse of the "wing" pattern and Lime Green kills it dead. Some concepts need much more time in the oven before coming out.

EDIT: The Buccaneers' & Raiders' concepts actually came out looking pretty nice. Those have potential.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Apparently you haven't seen the adidas one offs over the past few seasons. Some of the '94 throwbacks also mimicked this look. This option is already out there for a full time design but nobody has been willing to pull the trigger.

A whole league tried this--it looked terrible then and it looks terrible now.

79971229_scaled_618x515.jpg

No one ever looked at this monstrosity and said, "Man, i wish the logo was much bigger. Then we'd really be onto something."

Of course these are awful. But if we want to get philosophical, every period of bad art is generally met with a correction. When the outrageous becomes the norm, in time the outrageous is passé, and becomes cautionary. This is never a problem with the timeless.

As a young guy I think they're cool, but it's way too out there. They could tone down the feathers, get rid of the giant logo, stop using 3 helmets, make the front number normal size, get rid of the logo on the pants and BAM! You got a normal uniform.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Archived