NBA Project R3G (5/32) 1st Expansion Team! The Lexington Tigers!

R3G

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuing with the Boston Celtics.

One of the main, and only problems with the Celtic's kits is their primary logo, which is also very ugly on thier court as well. When working on these jerseys my main objective was to ust make a good new set while ridding of the entire ugly logo.

16115526695_ddcbf09e74_o.png

Almost everything about their current set I like though, as it shows in this remake, although I did get rid of the striping in the (sleeves?) as I prefer a more one tone look.

16114789992_08d4397175_o.png

I've always liked the pattern on the Celtics court, as it gives them a stronger identity, yet, as I talked about before, my only concern on their court right now is their ugly primary logo, which I got rid of quickly.

Thanks for the C&C! Next up is the Brooklyn Nets!

I think the court would be perfect if the shamrock had maybe a white outline and if the baselines said Boston Celtics in a much bigger size. As for the jerseys, its the Celtics, they can't be wearing v necks. Gotta change the template to make it look right. Not every team can have generic single colored v necks.

The Celtics look a little too plain without the stripes on the uniform.

I'd also ditch the black and try something using gold like their St. Patrick Day uniforms.

For the court, I think the primary you used would look nice, or maybe, or as KingChandler suggested, a white outline on the shamrock you have on there now.

The paint looks a little strange being white. It's also just the TD Garden now, no more Banknorth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know that it has been a long break, but to help me get back into this, I wanted to take suggestions in for the first expansion team name! I'm leaning to Las Vegas/Nevada right now, and I'm looking for a nickname for them, but if you have a better idea for a city, give your suggestion!

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

I finally remade the Celtics uniforms and court as well. C&C would be wonderful, because, obviously, nothing is perfect.

16904668136_e88da251d7_o.png

16744383699_30aea5c78d_o.png

signature.png

Cool idea for the gold, I've really enjoyed seeing ND's during the tournament right now. The font on the front of the jersey is a bit too ornate I think, and I'd make it bolder or add a white outline to it so it shows up better against the gold

x1elJNM.jpg

I love the gold look for the Celtics. Like HenryJens said, I've like seeing ND's gold tournament uniforms, and these look just as good. I would say to use the script logo that has the outline, and using a white outline on the green or a green outline on gold script. I would also say that the shorts for the Celtics as a whole are just a little... Bland. I'd suggest adding a stripe down the side, maybe one similar to the current Celtics green and gold uniforms. Keep up the good work though, I am excited to see what else you have in store.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Cool idea for the gold, I've really enjoyed seeing ND's during the tournament right now. The font on the front of the jersey is a bit too ornate I think, and I'd make it bolder or add a white outline to it so it shows up better against the gold

The script on the gold is such a welcome addition. Really adds something to the Celtic tradition. If I would make one quibble about it its that its a little too thin. If it could be beefed up a little, or enlarged, so that it shows up a little more that would be terrific.

I love the gold look for the Celtics. Like HenryJens said, I've like seeing ND's gold tournament uniforms, and these look just as good. I would say to use the script logo that has the outline, and using a white outline on the green or a green outline on gold script. I would also say that the shorts for the Celtics as a whole are just a little... Bland. I'd suggest adding a stripe down the side, maybe one similar to the current Celtics green and gold uniforms. Keep up the good work though, I am excited to see what else you have in store.

Thank you guys so much!! I'm super mad at myself right now though because I didn't save that as a psd, and as a result can't add a white outline. I guess that will be the final version.

I'm gonna continue on though, and I'm actually just going to have a vote for which city to expand to.

signature.png

Agreed with all who say the court is a thing of beauty, but the jerseys are a little too plain. The striping around the head and arm holes and the shamrock on the waistband are what make them the Celtics rather than a very generic team. I don't like the gold alternate that much either, but I'm of the mindset that they don't really need any alternates.

• 2 months later...

Even though I am completely inconsistent, here is the Philadelphia 76ers!

I think that, for the most part, my first complete logo design turned out well. I made everything from scratch, except for the font in "Philadelphia". To start, I looked into the history of the 76er's logo, and took something that I liked from both logos, I kept the stars, and colors from this one, and the gold, and stars as well from the AI era. I laced the sides of the jersey with the stars to keep the long tradition of the star in Sixers history relevant. On each of the secondary logos, I simply changed the primary a little bit. The new font in the 76er's wordmark was completely drawn up by me. anyways, I hope you enjoy this jersey, and please provide constructive criticism for me to work off of!

0658647aa665c821c607a4c61baaa3c2.png

For the court, I added the stars once again along the side of the court, and the red white and blue on the sidelines. I used the basketball Secondary logo in the middle of the court, because I thought it looked better in this scene. And finally I used the 76er's wordmark to remind everyone who this team was.

d98dd76f8ed4dee458d22033a2fd0cc9.png

signature.png

Archived