If you can change the color of a face mask to improve a look?

csura999

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to like gray facemasks and I prefer them in most cases like the Giants, Browns, colts. I don't think they look great on the cardinals, but at the same time neither do any other masks, idk why.

The red is really bright and unnecessary on the pats helmet, but that too is the best option imo, silver and blue look generic, and that helmet is synonymous with Tom Brady and it's kinda grown on me.

Vikings need purple or a dark gray/charcoal.

Lately I've been finding that facemasks that match the helmet by far look the most professional. So here's what I suggest:

New England: silver

Miami: white

Buffalo: white

NYJ: white

Indianapolis: white

Houston: Navy

Jacksonville: black

Tennessee: white

Pittsburgh: black

Cleveland: orange

Baltimore: black

Cincinnati: orange

Denver: Navy

San Diego: white

Kansas City: red

Oakland: silver

Dallas: silver

Philadelphia: midnight green

Washington: maroon

NYG: Royal

New Orleans: Gold

Atlanta: black

Carolina: silver

Tampa: pewter

Detroit: silver

Green Bay: yellow

Minnesota: purple

Chicago: Navy

Seattle: Navy

Arizona: white

St. Louis: Navy

San Francisco: gold

Doubt me, and just photoshop it or find some one who did. It's by far the best looks.

The Vikings' facemask is already black.

The Vikings' facemask is already black.

Nuordr obviously meant gray knowing him. :P

I meant either change it to purple or leave it black. Gray on purple looks like crap.

I thought that is what you meant just having a little fun with my fellow gray face mask hater.

I know a lot of people here love grey facemasks, but for teams that don't have grey or silver in their color schemes, I don't see how it looks good.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I know a lot of people here love grey facemasks, but for teams that don't have grey or silver in their color schemes, I don't see how it looks good.

We have had that argument a ton (but I totally agree with you)

Regarding Utah above, I'd had no idea that they did that...definitely like the red mask best for the white helmet. Tougher call on the red helmet but I think I'll go with the black.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Regarding Utah above, I'd had no idea that they did that...definitely like the red mask best for the white helmet. Tougher call on the red helmet but I think I'll go with the black.

To me the constant change of mask colors and random uni combinations reeks of poor design. I have no problems with alts or making changes every season but good design is marked by consistency and emphasis of certain elements. The endless combos and tweaks in season remind me of the 2 quarterback analogy. If you're constantly tweaking and changing in the same season, you don't have a good looking uniform.

I long for the days when college football teams stuck with one helmet and facemask for an extended period of time.

And then when you actually did do something different it was for a special circumstance like Purdue or Washington State putting roses in their helmet logos. It was enough of a change to make it a special occurrence, but it was subtle enough that it didn't damage their uniform.

Now teams are like "the helmet is wrapped in vinyl roses and the numbers have rose detailing inlaid to the point of illegibility and we're wearing chrome red facemasks and matte red pants because Roses and also our regular colors are purple or green so none of this makes any sense for us, but KEWL uniforms! Come play for us 17 year old kids!"

PvO6ZWJ.png

To me the constant change of mask colors and random uni combinations reeks of poor design. I have no problems with alts or making changes every season but good design is marked by consistency and emphasis of certain elements. The endless combos and tweaks in season remind me of the 2 quarterback analogy. If you're constantly tweaking and changing in the same season, you don't have a good looking uniform.

I totally agree.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Mostly I agree, but I do make an exception for the Browns. Brown and orange is such an old-fashioned color combination that the equally old-fashioned gray facemask just fits, even if it isn't anywhere else on their uniform.

I was surprised so many people don't like the red facemasks on the Patriots. I think it's just the right amount of red to compliment to red elsewhere on the uniform.

I photoshopped a silver and navy facemask.

I like the silver second and navy third. I think the blue just looks odd. Maybe I'm not used to it.

gronk-facemasks.jpg

I'd love to see the Rams use a gold facemask. It'd really make their helmets pop. Seriously, I don't understand how this looks anything but boring:

1031.gif

The horn would get lost in the gold mask if you ask me so I would not like the look.

I am sucker for these type of unique helmets so I love this even with the Navy.

I was surprised so many people don't like the red facemasks on the Patriots. I think it's just the right amount of red to compliment to red elsewhere on the uniform.

I photoshopped a silver and navy facemask.

I like the silver second and navy third. I think the blue just looks odd. Maybe I'm not used to it.

gronk-facemasks.jpg

I actually like the red better with uniform but it looks out of place when the helmet is on its own.

Archived