Teams That Should Relocate/Relocation Destinations

JerseyJimmy

NFL: Oakland tops the list. You play in a baseball stadium for gosh sakes. LA is in the same goshdang state and the NFL wants a team in LA, so yeah, Oakland probably isn't that big of a market anyways.

Others that should consider ditching their homes The Jacksonville Jaguars: you've got 3 teams in the state of Florida, this one has the worst attendance IDRK where they'd go but somewhere else seems like a good idea

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

That would be the Bucs with the worst attendance.

The Bucs are 29th...

and the jags are 21 and miami is 14, making the bucs the worst of the three florida teams
Yes, but the combined Tampa Bay metro area and the Miami metro area are both more valuable to the NFL then Jacksonville because they're larger tv markets.

Also the Jets aren't leaving Winnipeg. Stop being silly.

Effectively, all I want is the jets 1.0 history to be a part of Jets 2.0

I don't want to see the Jets move ever, just history restored.

giphy.gif

sig.png

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB.

I Agree with most people here & say that Tampa Bay Rays are the most likely will move if they don't get a new stadium within the next 5 years or so possible locations Montreal , Portland or San Antonio .

NFL.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Los Angeles \ San Antonio

Oakland Raiders - Los Angeles \ San Antonio

NBA.

None I can see at that moment but I see the NBA. expanding to 32 teams within the next 5 - 10 years to Seattle & Las Vegas sorry NHL. Vegas loves Basketball , Boxing & MMA. not hockey so Bettman & Foley should just forget about it .

NHL.

What can I say the NHL. has several teams that should move such as the coyotes , panthers , blue jackets , hurricanes ect. but most likely only 2 will move within the next 7 years namely the coyotes & panthers also we will see 2 expansion teams within the next 10 years .

Coyotes - Seattle

Panthers - Quebec City

Expansion - Hamilton

Expansion - Kansas City

Why should the Blue Jackets move? The Jackets have a huge following in Columbus. Been 15 years since the team entered the league, and still people say they should move. The Hurricanes have a huge following as well. Just because these teams aren't in Canada or close to it, people continuously rip on them.

There are two teams in the NHL that need to move.

Florida-----> Hamilton or Quebec City

Arizona----> Seattle

Seriously, I think the NHL should be at 28... and no more

Yep. Talent pool is only going to dwindle in next 10-15yrs... fewer kids are playing in Canada, thus fewer chances at great pro prospects.

Unless all of a sudden another influx of Euro or even Asian players to fill the void...

Perfect NHL would be 24 teams; 4x divisons of 6.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

He was making a bad joke, that the "real" Jets should move back, and give their cast-off new replacement franchise to some other city.

Wow talk about getting greedy. I mean I get wanting their history back, but that doesn't mean they need to move cities. I mean just look at what the NBA did with Charlotte. Just petition the league to give you the history back. I doubt anyone in Arizona would care less if Winnipeg took the history back.

(Hey guys, help me out here; did the Canes moving from Greensboro to Raleigh count as a "relocation"?)

I don't know what to call what that was other than a huge mistake that never should have been approved. Greensboro is too far from Raleigh to be considered the same metropolitan area. It's like when the Bears played a season in Champaign, but this was how they started the team, so I don't know.

I still think that the Canes should play in Charlotte and the Checkers should play in Raleigh. By putting the Carolinas' NHL franchise in Raleigh, you're alienating South Carolina fans.

53Ocz8U.png

Yeah, but if you put the Canes in Charlotte, you'll run into the same problem that the Coyotes first had in Phoenix when they played at America West/US Airways, and what the Islanders will experience at Barclays starting next season--playing in an arena that doesn't have ideal sightlines for NHL hockey.

Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte is much like their NBA counterparts in Indianapolis, Memphis, San Antonio, and Seattle (when the Sonics were there)--you have to take out thousands of seats just fit a regulation-sized hockey rink on one end.

Yeah, but if you put the Canes in Charlotte, you'll run into the same problem that the Coyotes first had in Phoenix when they played at America West/US Airways, and what the Islanders will experience at Barclays starting next season--playing in an arena that doesn't have ideal sightlines for NHL hockey.

It's worth pointing out, though, that location is killing the Coyotes and you can be sure the Islanders will draw better in an imperfect building in Brooklyn than they have in a long time in Nassau.

Seriously, I think the NHL should be at 28... and no more

Yep. Talent pool is only going to dwindle in next 10-15yrs... fewer kids are playing in Canada, thus fewer chances at great pro prospects.

Unless all of a sudden another influx of Euro or even Asian players to fill the void...

Perfect NHL would be 24 teams; 4x divisons of 6.

"fewer kids are playing in Canada" - is that true? Why would that be? It's not like baseball and football are taking over (unless they are).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, it's true.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/bauer-survey-results-stun-former-nhl-great-messier/article13567822/

As for why? Well football is gaining ground in Quebec, but other then that? I think it's a combination of the price (hockey can be expensive), safety concerns, and the fact that Hockey Canada has sort of been resting on its laurels at the local level. Also video games. Probably. Maybe.

So parents are concerned with hockey's safety concerns, but football is on the upward? I find that hard to believe.

Football is on the upswing in Quebec, yes.

As for safety? Hey the Québécois smoke like there's no tomorrow. So what's a concussion or several?

I've seen Montreal being thrown around in this thread for the Rays and I just don't think Montreal will be a viable option for a baseball team in the immediate future. No field, no plans for a field and last I had heard, no potential owners.

As far as NYC being able to support a third MLB team, I've read a couple of studies that pointed to Northern New Jersey being the most valuable market to move to. Any move though would have to be approved by both the Yankees and Mets, with the Phillies possibly even having some say as well. Just based on that I think your more likely to see the St. Louis Browns return then see a third NYC team.

It sucks to because logistically there's no reason it can't happen. It won't happen because its not in the best financial interest for at least 2 MLB teams for a team to be there.

Do you think northern NJ would be a good place to locate a triple A franchise for The Mets?

Absolutely yes and there's already a number of minor league teams in the state including the Newark Bears who could probably be a AAA affiliate tomorrow.

But the same preventing the Mets from doing so is the same as to why a major league team can't come in. Any move like that would have to be okayed by the Yankees and they will never do that. Same goes with the Yankees.

Honestly at that level I think its silly. In addition to Newark you also have the Staten Island Yankees and the Brooklyn Cyclones as two other teams that could easily jump to AAA but won't becuase the Mets and Yankees can't figure out a plan than can benefit both of them.

The Mets a few years prevented the Yankees from playing their AAA teams home games in Newark for a year when their stadium in Scranton was being renovated. They ended up playing all road games. Good luck getting the Yankees to green light anything the Mets want.

It's worth pointing out, though, that location is killing the Coyotes and you can be sure the Islanders will draw better in an imperfect building in Brooklyn than they have in a long time in Nassau.

In fairness they're going to have a much better team in Brooklyn than they did the past 20 or so years at Nassau which was a major cause of the attendance woes there.

If you had stuck those awful 2008-2012 Isles teams in the big rusted-out spaceship with terrible sightlines and high price points, they'd make Panthers games look like the Pope is in town.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yes, it's true.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/bauer-survey-results-stun-former-nhl-great-messier/article13567822/

As for why? Well football is gaining ground in Quebec, but other then that? I think it's a combination of the price (hockey can be expensive), safety concerns, and the fact that Hockey Canada has sort of been resting on its laurels at the local level. Also video games. Probably. Maybe.

I don't have any numbers, but I'd imagine a generation that has a local team in the Raptors would grow up maybe wanting to play basketball - at least with Ontario. Also, Drake.
I don't know about other provinces, but basketball is getting really big here in northern Alberta, and we get cultural phenomena up here about a month or two late. This may be a by-product of going to a basketball-crazy high school, but I know it's getting bigger in other schos, too.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived