8BW14's NFL Redesign: Monochrome Madness

8BW14

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So maybe a B would represent the Cleveland Browns better? Since I already have all the teams done I'm just going to go ahead and reveal a team every day to keep this thread moving along. I've note some of the comments on the Cardinals and I'll take those into account if it make any changes.

The next team in line is the Atlanta Falcons, another team in a mess of piping with weird inserts all over the jerseys and pants. They are lifeless and boring and to me they look like a catalog order (probably because they are for so many high school teams). Once again I wanted to simplify an overly complicated uniform. The first thing I did was throwback to the red helmet because I think the logo just pops off of the red helmet. The number font is based on the word mark and I think the wings on the shoulder make the uniform modern without going overboard. I chose to go without stripes on the pants for fear of it being too busy along with the shoulder wings and I did break my rule about repeating a helmet logo on another part of the uniform but the logo works here, I think.

falconspresentation_zpsc77d4a90.png

So what does everyone think? I would love to hear some comments. Thanks for taking the time to take a look.
Logo looks a bit too big on the pants and maybe the wings would look better as a pants stipe. Ditto on the comment about number fonts as well.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Okay so the font is a no-go. Is it the legibility or just a matter of taste? If I just went with a 1 color number with no outline would that help? I'm kinda partial to that font so I would like to keep it around in some capacity.

The Ravens will be the first team getting a new logo, well kind of new anyway. The shield will be the primary with silver replacing gold and more unified color scheme. I updated the fonts also.

ravenslogo_zpsd6447047.png

The new uniforms: This one is obviously the first huge departure from the team's established aesthetic. No more gold for the ravens and no more bird head logo. I was heavily inspired by the iridescent effect a raven's feathers and integrated that into the numbers and sleeves. Think of something along the lines of Oregon's shoulders and numbers.

ravenspresentation_zps30cb9b40.png

I'd love to hear what you think. Should the silver outline on the purple jersey be heavier or are the numbers visible enough? Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

ravens%20presentation_zpsu0f4kzli.png

Just updated the purple jersey with some new silver numbers

The trouble with CB as a monogram in the NFL is that it could mean Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, or Chicago Bears, all of whom use orange with a really dark color.

I don't think that matters at all. Just a "C" could mean a bunch of cities, just a "B" could mean a bunch of teams, so it's a lot like baseball. The Ray's TB could mean Toronto Blue Jays - but it does't. The Phillies P could mean Pittsburgh - but it doesn't. And so on... and so on...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My impression when I saw the new logo was there's going to be AT LEAST some red in the uniform... Well obviously I was wrong...

Man, don't sound so bitter. I tried to work some red into the uniforms but it always ended up looking too busy. I tried it on the stripes, in the numbers and it just didn't work. I made the executive decision to contain it to the logo. I thought the red would pop and that's also why I decided to take some liberties with the black and yellow part of the flag and made it red and black.

Didn't have a chance to get to the computer yesterday so I apologize for that. Thanks for the comments on the Ravens, guys. I really appreciate it. I probably will change the numbers to silver on the purple jersey.

Next, we have the Buffalo Bills. There's really nothing wrong with their current look, but I vastly prefer the Bills in red helmets. I also dumped the navy from their scheme.

billspresentation_zps85cb92b9.png

The shoulder stripe is obviously inspired by the streak or ribbon? streaking alongside the leaping buffalo. I gave them a custom number font with some hard and round corners to reflect the logo. Well thanks for taking the time to take a look. Would love to know what everyone thinks.

I'm not a fan of the removal of the yellow on the Ravens' shield, as it's based off the Maryland state flag.

not a big fan of that either...cant just recolor the state flag like that but it his own personal choice so that's that... Bills look decent

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Its been a while. I have been pretty busy the last few days and haven't been able to get to the computer so today I'm going to go ahead and post three teams. Maybe that will generate some more feedback also.

pantherspresentation_zps3d9f21b4.png

Well here's the Carolina Panthers. Gave them a striping pattern inspired by the word mark, which has a sense of speed and motion. Also the new number font is italic to match the word mark.

bearspresentation_zps3504d4b7.png

The Chicago Bears: You don't see the word mark anywhere on the uniforms, but I updated it slightly to make it more legible. The biggest change for the Bears was probably the striping o the home jersey. Now it matches the striping on the white jersey and the blue pants also have the current striping flipped to match the jersey.

bengalspresentation_zpsd0f13424.png

Ah, the Cincinnati Bengals. The tiger head is the primary again because it is just so much better than the B. First of all the new home jersey is orange, which will stand out better in the AFC North against the other three dark jerseys in the division. I wanted to do something with the Bengals that I hadn't see before, so I decided to go with the tiger stripes on the cuffs and collar as well as the pants to include the stripes in the uniform, but not go overboard with the tiger stripes.

Well there's three more for everyone's viewing pleasure. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for taking a look.

All three are really solid. I especially like the striping and numbers for the Panthers and the more subtle uses of tiger stripes for the Bengals. And I must say, I think this is the first Bears concept I've seen that made significant changes and I like. The changes to the blue jersey/pants stripes are on point. I love how the jersey stripes can be interpreted as the traditional 3 stripes as well as a duplication of the pants stripes, with the outermost one being the pants color. Great work.

Thanks for the comments guys. I hadn't ever seen those Clemson uniforms before, kinda surprised they use black instead of purple. I've got one more team today, the Cleveland Browns.

browns_zps91b072e9.png

I decided to go with this logo for the Browns because I think it is bolder and I think the simplicity makes it more easily identifiable.

The Browns Uniforms were fun to do, especially with a potential uniform disaster looming in 2015 for the Browns. There's really nothing objectively wrong with Cleveland's current uniforms, but I think they are a becoming a bit stale and could use a refresh.

brownspresentation_zps21da0b9f.png

The drop-shadowed numbers are a throwback to numerals the Browns have used in the past. The stripes on the sleeves are modern interpretation of the Browns classic helmet stripe tailored to a modern uniform cut. The stripes on the helmet and pants are a bit wider than they have been in the past as well. I also darkened the shade of brown to something closer to what the browns called "seal brown". Hope everyone likes it. Thanks for taking a look. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

Okay the Browns numbers may be too wide. I think I will fix that and re-post the Browns later. Next in line is my team, the Dallas Cowboys.

cowboyspresentation_zps66db3c69.png

Right now the Cowboys infamously use two shades of blue and at least three shades of silver. The first thing I did was settle on one blue and one silver. For me that was an easy choice because I love the metallic blue (silver) and dark royal blue the Cowboys used before switching to navy blue jerseys. Also, I really dislike the mismatched blue and white jerseys, so my Cowboys two jerseys will be on matching templates. To me, the double stripes are the best look for the Cowboys so I used those on both jerseys and gave the stripes some flair by topping the stripes with a thin contrasting stripe. The number font is a combination of the current font and the Cowboys signature serif block font. White will remain the primary jersey and blue will still be used as the secondary when the Cowboys are forced to wear it.

Well thanks for taking a look. I'd love to hear what everyone has to say.

Archived