8BW14

8BW14's NFL Redesign: Monochrome Madness

This slid off the first page pretty fast so I thought I'd bump the Cowboys before I get to the Broncos

Okay the Browns numbers may be too wide. I think I will fix that and re-post the Browns later. Next in line is my team, the Dallas Cowboys.

cowboyspresentation_zps66db3c69.png

Right now the Cowboys infamously use two shades of blue and at least three shades of silver. The first thing I did was settle on one blue and one silver. For me that was an easy choice because I love the metallic blue (silver) and dark royal blue the Cowboys used before switching to navy blue jerseys. Also, I really dislike the mismatched blue and white jerseys, so my Cowboys two jerseys will be on matching templates. To me, the double stripes are the best look for the Cowboys so I used those on both jerseys and gave the stripes some flair by topping the stripes with a thin contrasting stripe. The number font is a combination of the current font and the Cowboys signature serif block font. White will remain the primary jersey and blue will still be used as the secondary when the Cowboys are forced to wear it.

Well thanks for taking a look. I'd love to hear what everyone has to say.

Nice. I did something similar in my NFL design thread.

I agree with you, that color scheme is PERFECT.

Thanks for the comments guys. I hadn't ever seen those Clemson uniforms before, kinda surprised they use black instead of purple. I've got one more team today, the Cleveland Browns.

browns_zps91b072e9.png

I decided to go with this logo for the Browns because I think it is bolder and I think the simplicity makes it more easily identifiable.

The Browns Uniforms were fun to do, especially with a potential uniform disaster looming in 2015 for the Browns. There's really nothing objectively wrong with Cleveland's current uniforms, but I think they are a becoming a bit stale and could use a refresh.

brownspresentation_zps21da0b9f.png

The drop-shadowed numbers are a throwback to numerals the Browns have used in the past. The stripes on the sleeves are modern interpretation of the Browns classic helmet stripe tailored to a modern uniform cut. The stripes on the helmet and pants are a bit wider than they have been in the past as well. I also darkened the shade of brown to something closer to what the browns called "seal brown". Hope everyone likes it. Thanks for taking a look. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

As a Browns fan I usually hate most of the concepts for them. This is an exception. The only thing that bugs me is the consistency on the shoulders. On the brown jersey it goes orange, brown, white but on the white I think it would look better orange, white, brown that way the middle color matches the rest of the jersey like it does on the brown jersey.

Okay so here's the Denver Broncos. With the Broncos I was thinking along the lines of addition by subtraction. The side panels are gone but the panel on the chest remains. I also flipped the pants stripe and made it more reminiscent of the logo's mane. Orange remains the home jersey and I added orange pants with the road which gives the Denver the opportunity to go full orange popsicle.

broncospresentation_zpsffa1899d.png

As always I would love to know what everyone has to say. Thanks for taking a look.

broncospresentation_zps5f51f365.png

Just to keep consistency, I think the blue stripes need a white outline. I know it's different than what they've been wearing, but again, consistency. I also think the hip D takes away and doesn't belong.

Just to keep consistency, I think the blue stripes need a white outline. I know it's different than what they've been wearing, but again, consistency. I also think the hip D takes away and doesn't belong.

I definitely see where you are coming from with the consistency issue. I tried the white there but I just didn't like it. it looked off to me. Maybe it was because they haven't been doing that in the past but that white stripe between the orange and blue seems to vibrate or glow and I just don't care for it.

What would you suggest instead of the D? I agree it probably isn't the best option but it needs something in that space and I hate repeating the same logo over different elements of a uniform.

I definitely see where you are coming from with the consistency issue. I tried the white there but I just didn't like it. it looked off to me. Maybe it was because they haven't been doing that in the past but that white stripe between the orange and blue seems to vibrate or glow and I just don't care for it.

What would you suggest instead of the D? I agree it probably isn't the best option but it needs something in that space and I hate repeating the same logo over different elements of a uniform.

I always have been a fan of hip logos, for whatever reason. But for some reason I think these would be perfectly fine without a logo there.

I'll drop the hip D. I wasn't really sold on it in the first place. I took a break while I went on a nice little New Year's trip but now I'm back and I've got at least one team ready to go today.

Detroit Lions

lionspresentation_zps9962ca45.png

I, for one, actually like the addition of black to the Lions' color scheme, so I did keep black in the uniforms. I thinned down the sleeve stripes to match the dimensions of the pants and helmet. The home numbers are now silver to be more consistent with the sleeve stripes. The white jersey is an inverse of the blue one. This one was pretty simple and straight-forward, really more of a tweak than a new concept but I think Lions look better than the real Lions.

Thanks for taking a look. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks. Stay tuned for the Packers and maybe the Texans today.

Well here's the Packers as promised, and just before midnight.

packerspresentation_zpscc3cb02b.png

The first thing I wanted to do for the Packers was get rid of the hideous striped collars. The Packers look so much cleaner without the stripes cluttering up their jerseys. I also returned the Green Bay to the classic Lombardi era 5 stripe pattern on the sleeves. Basically, aside from the green facemask and solid colored socks, my new look for the Packers is an old look.

Well thanks for taking a look. I'd love to know what everyone thinks. The Texans will be coming tomorrow.

So much better without the striped collar? Really? It's unique and it looks good. Keep it. Everything else is fine.

So much better without the striped collar? Really? It's unique and it looks good. Keep it. Everything else is fine.

I disagree, the collars looks busy with the stripe.

Packers look great!

Oh man I loathe the Packers striped collars. Sorry but I will never have striped collars on the Packers.

Thanks for the comments on the packers and Lions. Today, I've got one more team to present and that team is the Houston Texans.

texanspresentation_zps9f7b4d0c.png

The red jersey is now the home jersey for the Texans. The shoulder inserts are larger and more reflective of the logo's horns than they have been in the past and are bordered by contrasting piping. I added a pair of white topped socks to go with the blue pants and made red the dominant stripe on the blue jerseys.

Well I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about the Texans. Thanks for taking the time to take a look.

Well I guess it's time for the next team, the Indianapolis Colts. The first thing I did to the Colts was redesign the horseshoe. The new horseshoe is more consistent, bolder and fills the a space like the side of a helmet better than the Colts' old logo.

colts_zps1a9ceb19.png

After the new logo comes the new uniforms. Over the years the Colts' classic stripes have become more and more abbreviated. I think I have fixed that problem with my new template. Not much has changed for the Colts with my redesign, however. All of the striping is heavier, but the pattern remains the same. I did change the regular block font to a more unique font that is similar to the number for the colts have used in their helmets. I did leave the facemask grey, but I flirted with white but eventually decided to stick with the old-school grey masks.

coltspresentation_zps9cfa22d8.png

Alright thanks for taking a look and I appreciate any and all comments.

I'd like to see some blue pants, other than that the Colts are nice.

I'd like to see some blue pants, other than that the Colts are nice.

No way, I just do not like the Colts in blue pants. It looks bottom heavy to me. The only way it might work would be if the facemask was blue and I don't like a blue mask for the Colts either. I think white on white is by far the best road look for Indianapolis.

Alright here's the Jacksonville Jaguars

jaguarspresentation_zps500934c4.png

The Jaguars are pretty simple. The first thing I did was simplify the logo by getting rid if the darker gold. I I brought back the iridescent helmet and a striping pattern similar to the stripes used on the Jags uniforms of the 2000's. The shield logo is on the sleeves instead of the chest also. Basically I tried to take the best parts from the all of the Jaguars uniforms and put them together in a new cohesive look.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look. As always I appreciate any comments.

jaguarspresentation_zps4e5ba6eb.png

Updated to give the helmet more of an iridescent/color-change feel rather than the gradient vibe it was giving off originally.

I understand the reasoning for moving the badge logo, but it's on the chest to represent military uniforms (with the Naval base and all). Moving that wouldn't work for that reason. Jacksonville should always have a black helmet. If you were trying to go for the 2008 "candy" helmet, then that's fine, but this looks more gradient than color shifting. I'd drop the teal pants and replace them with white. You ever seen Jax's teal on black? It's hideous. And other than that the only other thing bothering me is the shoulder caps on the whites.