8BW14

8BW14's NFL Redesign: Monochrome Madness

Is it just me or did you use the colors of the respective teams (Seahawks & Patriots) for the pro bowl uniforms

Is it just me or did you use the colors of the respective teams (Seahawks & Patriots) for the pro bowl uniforms

I guess it kinda looks that way, lol. No it just happens to be that way. The blue I used for the NFC is a bit lighter than the Seahawks blue.

Thanks for all of the comments guys. Simple always works I guess

Alright I've got some updates for everybody to feast their eyes on:

Ravens: Changed the home numbers to silver for visibility

Rams: Moved logo from the front of the pants to the hips

Buccaneers: Changed both collars to pewter and repeated pants stripe on collar

Also some alternate uniform combos including some monochrome looks, some of which are pretty gaudy but I thought it would be fun to present them anyway.

This one really seems pretty natural, I also included the white over grey road look as well.

seahawks%20presentation_zps5ljz4pvc.png

Yeah it's a lot of teal and it would look absolutely hideous but I just wanted to see it. The white over black isn't that bad though.

jaguars%20presentation_zpsksbw5plq.png

This mono look I kinda like for some reason. I think the white over silver is pretty good as well.

eagles%20presentation_zpsodfkddss.png

Yeah lots of red and I'm surprised but I don't hate the monochrome red uniform. The mono white is a nice look to shake things up every once in a while if you ask me.

Chiefs%20presentation_zpseql5hmj9.png

Orange overload for the Broncos, but the all white is still pretty sharp.

broncos%20presentation_zpszpsmcl0e.png

Monochrome burgundy actually isn't that bad in this format, but I think I would hate it in real life, and the white over yellow is nice, but can't hold a candle to white over burgundy

redskins%20presentation_zpsehugftli.png

Well there's something to look at until I finish up a couple more updates and other uniform combos, I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about some of the monochrome looks. Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

I know your trying to get a little carried away with the monochrome, but I threw up a little when I saw the Broncos. Chiefs don't look too bad.

I know your trying to get a little carried away with the monochrome, but I threw up a little when I saw the Broncos. Chiefs don't look too bad.

Can't say I blame you. All that orange was just too bad not to see just once

Alright I've got the Pro Bowl uniforms ready to go. No more of this volt and orange pick-up garbage (the Pro Bowl is pretty stinky anyway). My Pro Bowl is going back to the classic AFC vs NFC set up with classic blue and red uniforms.

pro%20bowl%20presentation_zpsivgzk3f0.pn

NFC is in blue this year and the AFC will be in white. I pretty much wanted something simple and classic to bring some thread of dignity and respect to the game. Four stars on the side of the pants reflect the conference logos and represent the four divisions in each conference. Each player will have the logo of his team on the sleeves of his jersey.

I tinkered with color vs color, but I don't like that idea with so many different helmets on the field and both teams in white pants.

So that's the Pro Bowl. Comments are welcome and thanks for taking a look.

Also, I updated the Titans numbers and wordmark

maybe you should try all blue vs all red

On 12/18/2014 at 3:43 PM, Germanshepherd said:
On 12/18/2014 at 10:57 AM, 8BW14 said:

So maybe a B would represent the Cleveland Browns better? Since I already have all the teams done I'm just going to go ahead and reveal a team every day to keep this thread moving along. I've note some of the comments on the Cardinals and I'll take those into account if it make any changes.

The next team in line is the Atlanta Falcons, another team in a mess of piping with weird inserts all over the jerseys and pants. They are lifeless and boring and to me they look like a catalog order (probably because they are for so many high school teams). Once again I wanted to simplify an overly complicated uniform. The first thing I did was throwback to the red helmet because I think the logo just pops off of the red helmet. The number font is based on the word mark and I think the wings on the shoulder make the uniform modern without going overboard. I chose to go without stripes on the pants for fear of it being too busy along with the shoulder wings and I did break my rule about repeating a helmet logo on another part of the uniform but the logo works here, I think.

falconspresentation_zpsc77d4a90.png

So what does everyone think? I would love to hear some comments. Thanks for taking the time to take a look.

Logo looks a bit too big on the pants and maybe the wings would look better as a pants stipe. Ditto on the comment about number fonts as well.

I like this. Red lids and black tops with white pants. Should make a stripe design for the pants from one of the feathers. Try incorporating either gold or silver (best bet would be gold since people recognize Atlanta with red and black). Use gold or silver (whichever your choice) on the logos and not the jerseys which is what the problem with uniforms is. Too many gimmicks do not simplify the uniform. That is why I like the Los Angeles Rams 1973-1999 look, the Oakland Raiders look, the Detroit Lions 1950-2001 look before they added black, the Minnesota Vikings 1961-2004 and then the 2012 and beyond look.