8BW14's NFL Redesign: Monochrome Madness

8BW14

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, today I've got the Super Bowl bound Seattle Seahawks. Now I think the current Seahawks uniforms could be pretty good if they were more consistent across all three uniforms. That being said, I would like to see them go more conservative with their uniforms so what I did was tone down the entire look but keep some the progressive concepts the Seahawks have become synonymous with.

seahawkspresentation_zps1c0e82af.png

I love Seattle's navy, grey and green color scheme, but I wanted to feature the green more prominently especially on the white uniform. I also like the stripe that goes across the collarbone area of the jersey so used a similar stripe accented with green on both the blue and white jersey. The number font is the same, but it isn't outlined rather "highlighted" by green. The home uniform features grey pants and the road features blue pants. I nearly did go with blue pants on the home jersey for the now standard mono blue home look but good taste won out and grey pants will be the primary look.

Well there's Seattle, only four left now. Thanks for taking the time to look and I appreciate any comments.

i like the chargers unis, but i think the logo shouldn't have a horse on it, since they are in the same division as a team who's mascot is a horse as well

I don't see it. Yeah it's a horse but in a completely different context. The colors aren't even close to being similar and the shield with the big yellow lightning bolt are more than enough to separate the two.

Seahawks are good. Maybe a little bland, but they're good. I would make the facemask gray.

agreed

Yeah I understand the bland comment. I probably over-simplified and went too conservative. I may go back and look at the Seahawks later. Thanks for the input.

Alrighty today I've got the St Louis Rams (for now I guess). Honestly I believe that the Rams' biggest issue with their current uniforms is the dimly lit cave they currently reside in, not far behind is their insistence on wearing mono-blue most of the time and dropping their gold pants. With their new uniforms I didn't want to go back to blue and yellow, its been done before and feels too retro. Instead I did go back to a dark royal blue and a dark metallic gold.

ramspresentation_zpse71a93ec.png

Something that is totally new for the Rams is the gold facemask. the number font is a modified block font. I really do like the Rams' current shoulder and sleeve inserts so I made them more prominent and moved the numbers from the shoulders to the sleeves.

Well thanks for taking some time to have a look and I'd love to hear what everyone has to say. Thanks again.

rams%20presentation_zpsrbklrqnj.png

Updated pant logo placement to hip.

Unpopular opinion: I like the Rams current color scheme better than the retro blue and yellow, however it is a little bland, and making the gold somewhere in between like you did could look really nice. I'm not a huge fan of the gold facemask, but it's not horrible. My only other minor critique is that the white on the home jersey looks a little out of place without that color showing up anywhere on the helmet or pants.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Okay I'll slim down the number outline and maybe go with a blue facemask?

I would make the logo bigger on the pants but move it to the side right now it would not be possible as is in real life because that is where the manufacturer goes. I also think it would look better there anyways.

There won't be manufacturer logos in this NFL so that wouldn't be a problem but maybe it could go on the hip instead.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Okay, today I've got the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I feel like it goes without saying that their current uniforms and IMO, the new logo are absolute garbage, except for the new orange, compared to what the Bucs had going for them previous to this latest disaster. Oh there is one more good thing to come from the new set and that is the new Pirate Ship logo. Aside from that, I scrapped everything and returned to the Buccaneer's previous logo.

buccaneerspresentation_zps00ccd62a.png

I wanted these new uniforms to feel like the previous set but not be an exact replica and that was hard because the are so good. I actually found myself designing the original pewter uniforms without even realizing I was doing it. My solution to this problem was to promote silver over black in the Buccaneers' identity. I also made orange more prominent in the striping and numerals as well. The new pirate ship is present on the sleeves also. Basically, I wanted to stay along the lines of the original pewter uniforms but put my own spin on them.

So what does everyone think? Does the silver work? and what about the collars? The more I look at them, the less I like them but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about the Bucs. Thanks for taking the time to have a look. I appreciate it.

buccaneers%20presentation_zps2kzspamf.pn

Added pants striping pattern to jersey collars

Am i the minority that prefers the Bucs new logo more than the old one?

I like the new skull and swords, but the old flag was better.

Love the uniforms, my only two issues would be that I like the black facemask better than the silver (but since you're eliminating black from the concept, that wouldn't be an option) and also change the color of the home wordmark so that it shows up better.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Maybe not minority but the new logo is not very good in my opinion. I still say somebody created the skull & somebody different slapped it on the flag but I guess one person could have made two separate pieces.

The skull just does not look like a skull you would see in anything pirate related. The best reference would be a terminator skull I have seen on here several times.

Maybe not minority but the new logo is not very good in my opinion. I still say somebody created the skull & somebody different slapped it on the flag but I guess one person could have made two separate pieces.

The skull just does not look like a skull you would see in anything pirate related. The best reference would be a terminator skull I have seen on here several times.

That's pretty much where I stand on the new logo. The skull and flag are really well rendered, but they just done feel like they were done together like you said and to me they also do not feel "piratey" at all. The old logo feels like a Jolly Roger flag and the new one does not, to me anyway.

Thanks guys for the comments on the Bucs. The Titans will be up in just a bit.

This has been an all-around excellent series.

I actually like the Buccaneers' new uniforms better than their old ones, but this is one of the best concepts I've seen that basically sticks to the old ones.

I definitely think their old logo looks a little dated, though their new logo is by no means perfect. I've seen some mash-ups between the two that I've liked.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Okay I finally got some time to get the new Tennessee Titans posted. The first order of business is a new logo because the current logo is a mess and is just too kewl. My take on the Titans is more simplistic and professional feeling. The capital T is designed to resemble a sword and was inspired by the Titans' current alternate logo. The stars are an homage to the original logo and the Tennessee state flag.

tntitans_zps8054aaf2.png

The new uniforms were a bit of a challenge. From the beginning I knew that I wanted to keep a shoulder yoke of some type because that is pretty much the Titans' thing at this point. I think it can be something that they can make their own. Another thing I did to make the Titans stand out more was make red more prevalent in their identity. The new baby blue helmet will be unique and quickly identifiable as belonging to the Titans.

titanspresentation_zpsc5f602df.png

Navy has become the home jersey color, balanced with a baby blue helmet and pants. The road uniform features the same pattern, but with a white-bodied jersey. Overall, I believe this new Titans uniform is a very cohesive look that is both a unique and well balanced design.

So what are everyone's thoughts on the Titans? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks for taking a look, only one more team left and then I've got one more surprise before I get to some updates and changes.

titans_zpscggsdyeb.png

titans%20presentation_zpsc36azxxo.png

Updated logo, per LEWJ's suggestion, which I think was a great call and the baby blue is now less saturated.

titans%20presentation_zps4i6bfdiz.png

New wordmark and navy road numbers for color balance.

Archived