Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

The Raptor emerging from the Maple Leaf is spectacular! How they passed that up for the bland roundel, I'll never know...

Probably because they actually want to get away from dinosaur imagery. I don't quite hate that Jurassic Park was the inspiration for the teams' identity the way I used to, but I can still understand why they'd want to phase it out.

A team with the name "Raptors" wants to get away from "dinosaur imagery..." That makes about as much sense as the Maple Leafs wanting to get away from "leaf imagery." :rolleyes:

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont hate the new logo, just a bit too generic in my eyes. Tried to add back some of the old logo's character while keeping it modern and minimal.

How'd I do?

nk4GLj9.jpg

This is the best try I've seen so far!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The ball claw logo that the Raptors features now is the perfect primary mark. No idea why the team would divert from such a smart icon?

183384a.jpg

Because Drake.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The ball claw logo that the Raptors features now is the perfect primary mark. No idea why the team would divert from such a smart icon?

183384a.jpg

Because Drake.

Drake had nothing to do with the new logo and said he doesn't like it.

The only effect Drake head is the addition of gold and the Mitchell and Ness shirts/hats/etc that will release next year.

183384a.jpg

Just a thought - what if you replaced the ball in the claw mark logo with the new clawed ball facing downwards so that the claw-marks in the ball almost lineup with the claws themselves. Too much "claw" action?

NYCdog.png

183384a.jpg

Just a thought - what if you replaced the ball in the claw mark logo with the new clawed ball facing downwards so that the claw-marks in the ball almost lineup with the claws themselves. Too much "claw" action?

This idea sounds claw-ful.

Go A's!

7DOL1qS.jpg

'pologize for the crappy kerning, I did this in two minutes.

I like that a lot, actually. The Raptors really should sync up with the other Toronto teams and wear blue.

Absolutely DISAGREE...

The Maple Leafs' identity is one of the most boring one on all pro sports. As a fan, this is one of the reasons I don't buy their merchandise.

I dont hate the new logo, just a bit too generic in my eyes. Tried to add back some of the old logo's character while keeping it modern and minimal.

How'd I do?

nk4GLj9.jpg

THAT, I would buy many items of...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

A few thoughts a few weeks out from this local fan...

- Now feels way too near & sadly close to the idiot Blue Jays - Black Jays rebrand a few years ago... I am not looking forward to walking the streets of T.O. with more lifeless black caps & jerseys. The Blue Jays smartened up, hopefully the Raps will again in 3-4yrs.

- The rondel is already aged imo. Rid the roundel, this logo actually looks very cool on the 'flag' sans circle. If they/someone could throw up maybe black coloured font for 'TORONTO' & 'RAPTORS' around a silver/purple centered ball that'd be cool.

- Friends & I are hoping now that the jerseys can knock our socks off... that & the floor design could help a lot. The Raptor claw logo we've had never got much branding traction, no one loved nor hated it - it just literally seemed to come out of nowhere without emotional attachment either way - & perhaps this new logo could slide into that niche.

Sad but truth.

What do you mean by that? It's served as their de facto primary since around 2008.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's funny that the Nets believe that Toronto stole "their logo. In fact Brooklyn is the one who is the thief. The Padres introduced their current logo the same year the Nets rebranded, The Washington Nationals had their current logo when the The Nets were still in New Jersey, The Texas Rangers had their circle logo way before Brooklyn, and there are many more teams with circle logos that came out before The Nets moved to Brooklyn: Oakland A's, Minnesota Twins, Toronto Blue Jays, Seattle Mariners, the former Montreal Expos, and etc. So saying that The Raptors stole Brooklyn's logo is a total crock.

How'd I do?

nk4GLj9.jpg

I've seen a lot of cool things in my life, but this is awesome!

Just those little flares if you will that you added make it pop. I'd probably also use that same 'Raptors' font you have for 'Toronto'.

I would also demand you email that to MLSE every single day you wake up until they change it.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• 2 months later...

Archived