Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

ANYWAY

OVO gold, silver, and black would be a good color scheme for the Raptors. If the black outlines were thick enough, they could get away with gold scripts and silver numbers on white (or vice versa), which would be unique. Then you'd just be inverting the base and the trim and keeping the rest of the letters/numbers constant.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANYWAY

OVO gold, silver, and black would be a good color scheme for the Raptors. If the black outlines were thick enough, they could get away with gold scripts and silver numbers on white (or vice versa), which would be unique. Then you'd just be inverting the base and the trim and keeping the rest of the letters/numbers constant.

I'm very interested now in what the uniforms will look like. Let alone the rest of the logos ( if there is a secondary logo and so forth ). But really interesting to see how they use the gold and silver. To be honest the logo new logo is growing on me. Maybe once I see the final set ( uniforms and logo ) i'll see the bigger picture of this so called re-brand.

4kv29i.jpg

I think the gold will just be used in an alternate, not the primary unis. However, silver script and numbers on the white uni would be interesting. It's a great look on the Raiders throwbacks.

I can't see the unis being black and white/silver heavy though--too close to the Nets. I'll be interested to see how much red is used. In the logo it's just the outer stroke on the roundel, but maybe it will be more prominent in the unis.

I'm still in favour of rebranding the Raptors to more of a "bird of prey" motif. If they really want to get Drake in with the branding, I think a snowy owl would work really well, and help with the fact that they're trying to push themselves as "Canada's team".

I also think they should switch to blue and white. It works for Toronto, and no other team in the NBA is doing that right now, as opposed to the red and black that is already associated with more established franchises like the Bulls and Blazers. The dinosaur thing just feels like it should have been left in the 90s.

Not to mention it seems silly to me to name yourselves after a species that's gone extinct. They certainly imitated them well in the playoffs this year.

Not to mention it seems silly to me to name yourselves after a species that's gone extinct.

To be fair, the species did probably thrive for several millions of years or whatever. Remember, we're the ones still just visiting... lols This is Dino Planet Earth.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Not to mention it seems silly to me to name yourselves after a species that's gone extinct.

To be fair, the species did probably thrive for several millions of years or whatever. Remember, we're the ones still just visiting... lols This is Dino Planet Earth.

Yeah but as long as the NBA is still around we're still here. Can't be said about dinos.

Im okay with this and now even more curious for the final outcome. I guess they will do red numbers on home and, black numbers on the away ? Seems to be a very simple design with a curve script like that on the front but, then again we already knew that.

4kv29i.jpg

Home and away wordmarks:

CDopXJxWIAAKDUg.png

I'm surprised the away uni will be red and not black...

It looks ok...I just don't see why this rebrand is necessary. Yeah, the dribbling raptor screams 90s, but just replace it with the soon to be former ball/claw logo if it's that much of a problem.

I think it was Buc who pointed out that the current Raptors uniforms have, colours aside, been around since the Vince Carter years. It's a sharp looking set. It's distinct, yet not overly modern. Everything works. And it's built up a bit of cache.

I donno. If they're going to just stay a red, white, and black team? I would rather they just stick to what they have.

Home and away wordmarks:

CDopXJxWIAAKDUg.png

Holy :censored:... It makes me fear even more that the new ball logo will make it's way under these like a concept that was floating around...

Home and away wordmarks:

CDopXJxWIAAKDUg.png

It looks ok...I just don't see why this rebrand is necessary. Yeah, the dribbling raptor screams 90s, but just replace it with the soon to be former ball/claw logo if it's that much of a problem.

I think it was Buc who pointed out that the current Raptors uniforms have, colours aside, been around since the Vince Carter years. It's a sharp looking set. It's distinct, yet not overly modern. Everything works. And it's built up a bit of cache.

I donno. If they're going to just stay a red, white, and black team? I would rather they just stick to what they have.

And if they want to change the primary logo, go ahead. No need to change the jerseys just because of a new logo

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived