Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

Because everything about this rebrand is poorly thought out.

Would that include a disconnection between what they wanted to what the fans wanted ? It just seems like there was no thought into what the fans like or wanted as to suppose to what they felt was right.

4kv29i.jpg

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because everything about this rebrand is poorly thought out.

Would that include a disconnection between what they wanted to what the fans wanted ? It just seems like there was no thought into what the fans like or wanted as to suppose to what they felt was right.

while I love the dino unis and past branding (as do many Raptors fans), I don't think they necessarily had to be influenced by what we all say we like. The new stuff doesn't look bad at all and I actually like it more as I see it applied to different things.

Hey hey, called the arch on the wordmark!

pQgUnKb.png?2

I'm surprised at the colors, though. With how little red is in the primary logo, I didn't think they'd go with a red away jersey. I'll also be interested to see what color the numbers are. I'd hope the home has red numbers and the away has black. That would provide a good color balance.

Hey hey, called the arch on the wordmark!

pQgUnKb.png?2

I'm surprised at the colors, though. With how little red is in the primary logo, I didn't think they'd go with a red away jersey. I'll also be interested to see what color the numbers are. I'd hope the home has red numbers and the away has black. That would provide a good color balance.

If only they used the "original" Raptors pinstripes from your concept. Would be a huge win to counteract the horrible logo.

shado_logo.gif

This Drake brand ambassadorship is going about as well as anyone could have expected.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This Drake brand ambassadorship is going about as well as anyone could have expected.

Drake has said his only input has been the OVO/Mitchell and Ness hats, shirts, etc. He had no design say in the uniforms/logos other than the addition of gold.

The new Raptors jersey wordmark is arched almost exactly like the word 'Raptors' in the dribbling dino logo. Any chance they say they arched it on the jersey like this because of this connection?

TR_zpsswcviopf.jpg

The new Raptors jersey wordmark is arched almost exactly like the word 'Raptors' in the dribbling dino logo. Any chance they say they arched it on the jersey like this because of this connection?

TR_zpsswcviopf.jpg

Wow, great catch. I hadn't even thought of that. It almost makes me wish they'd just kept the dribbling raptor, arched the new script over it, and called it a day. It actually looks pretty good over it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Many people say the new logo looks like the Grizzlies alt. logo which was taken from the old Vancouver Grizzlies logo, but they forget the Raptors had also a Dino who holds a basketball the same way as the Grizzly. I think this is how they got the idea for the new logo.

jtKPaPn.png

For a long time i was thinking, how would you design a new logo that represents Raptors and in the same time looks modern and not too cartoonish. I was thinking about a frontal Raptor head, but it reminded me of a Crocodile or some lizard, and from the many designs i saw on the net portraying the Dino that way, none worked for me.

They could have easily use an updated Raptor hand holding the ball inside the circle, but i think the ripped ball they went with, is easier to recolor and use it in many combinations, as they intent to do it.

https://vine.co/v/OXWnHAm7bU1

Someone over at Realgm forums mocked up these from the new wordmark/colors/logos. I don't hate them, I feel that a simpler the design the more effective the jersey will be. as per Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Bulls, Knicks. Simple stands the test of time, trends change and less is more.

2cpywk8.jpg

Someone over at Realgm forums mocked up these from the new wordmark/colors/logos. I don't hate them, I feel that a simpler the design the more effective the jersey will be. as per Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Bulls, Knicks. Simple stands the test of time, trends change and less is more.

2cpywk8.jpg

These would be a LOT cleaner and better upgrade then the one below.

vGbFjmc.jpg

The neckline in these just doesnt do it for me. Looks to Brooklyn-ish!

shado_logo.gif

Archived