Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

BTW, in an ideal world, I wouldn't want the Raptors to look anything like that mockup. They missed a golden opportunity to clean up and modernize their popular inaugural look:

061Mj7u.png

I'm not the biggest fan of the wordmark or number font, but these are still light years ahead of what we're supposedly getting

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, in an ideal world, I wouldn't want the Raptors to look anything like that mockup. They missed a golden opportunity to clean up and modernize their popular inaugural look:

061Mj7u.png

I love this. But instead we're gonna get something plain and boring, which is ok sometimes, but not for a team called the Raptors, with no purple and that stupid extremely boring new logo that should really be an alt.

R.I.P dribbling dino.

So based on the details, I'm guessing the Raptors will look something like this?

mY5DJEC.png

That's pretty close, i know the logo on the side of the shorts was completely within the stripes -- striping is much wider on the shorts.

I'm also pretty sure the side striping was just one colour (i.e. no trim colour), I believe it's red on the white, black on the red... can't recall the other two but would probably be red on black and gold on drake.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think it is very strange for them not to have a Toronto wordmark on any of the jerseys, considering Drake's affinity for repping his city

I presume it's just an extension of the "We The North" thing, rep Canada not just Toronto.

Would be nice if a Toronto team could just rep Toronto, but it is what it is.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Those possible jersey concepts look absolutely abysmal...

Instantly bottom 5 in the league when this set comes out.

These uniforms will be on the same shelf as Nets,Pelicans, Thunder and Cavs as supremely underwhelming & horrible execution to great identities.
shado_logo.gif

Those possible jersey concepts look absolutely abysmal...

Instantly bottom 5 in the league when this set comes out.

These uniforms will be on the same shelf as Nets,Pelicans, Thunder and Cavs as supremely underwhelming & horrible execution to great identities.

100% agreed. Looks like we have the exact same "worst" list. Praying the Bucks don't stink it up with their new set.

The Raptors won't look bad, but they'll probably look boring. This is a 90s team named after dinosaurs, they shouldn't have a simple uniform design. And I'm still disappointed that they ditched purple. Also, the new logo would make an amazing secondary paired with a full-bodied dinosaur as the primary. I really wish they went outside the box on these.

For the record, I'm a big fan of the Cavs and Nets uniforms. Just don't think that style fits for the Raptors.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I am actually in favour of keeping the black back on the purple uni as it is nice nod to the first post-inaugural unis they started wearing in 1999. ;)
All in all, a superb concept as it combines the best looks in Raptors history in splendid fashion. Hell, I could even live with the Drake alternate, just so that he and his fans are happy (unless they'd use it so abundantly as the Cavs are now doing with their navy alt). If they'd wish to use it in a way like the camouflage uni - so be it!

Great work!

Hopefully the Raptors listen to the fans like the Suns did and fire Drake, their design team, kill the proposed jersey/logos and bring back a modified Design of their original jerseys

FYP

Ok, actual Raptors fan who was actually alive and in the target demo of the original dinosaur uniforms.

They weren't that great, and this update really isn't doing anything for me either. Now back in the day? I loved them! I was also eight. Fact is the team was a laughing stock when they looked like that. They were routinely terrible, and home teams would play "Barney the dinosaur" music whenever they hit the road.

That being said? I wouldn't mind purple coming back (though I'm starting to prefer a blue and white scheme to tie into the Leafs, Jays, and Argos). I just don't want to see purple come back in a way that over-emphasizes a look that wasn't that great to begin with. Really? I just want to see the Vince Carter era uniforms return, with purple backs for the road jersey. That's all that they need to do.

They should embrace the Purple. As soon as I saw these concepts I knew that anything else was inferior:

16857248676_d94af213c3_o.jpg16881964072_aa686a42a3_o.jpg16695746950_4038f57c52_o.jpg

Holy hell this concept is incredible! Who made these?

I agree about the purple. But gold isn't all that bad, because it sets them apart from other teams with purple.

Archived