Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24x1hl2.jpg

I could be wrong but didn't the Saints owner want the Pelicans to be black and gold but the league rejected the idea? If so then I wished that the Pelicans could have those colors instead so New Orleans could be a black and gold town.

Regardless, I think moving away from red and black is the right move. They were never going to have a standout identity by sharing the same colors of the Heat, Bulls, & Blazers.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Might be unpopular, but I like 1999 the best - followed by the original 1995 look.

Toronto-Raptors-Uniform-History.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

We The North

is our battle cry ... and this ... this is our shield.

And this has nothing to do with the design, but does anyone within the Raptors marketing department have even the slightest comprehension of grammar? Sheeeeesh.

I was wondering the same. Is the slogan supposed to be similar to "We the People..." or should it be "We are the North"? Painful.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

It needs purple in there somewhere. Purple has always been the Raptors's color. Even if it did, though, it'd still be incredibly bland and generic - which is exactly why recent NBA rebrands and relocations (OKLAHOMA CITY) are on bad terms with me.

53Ocz8U.png

It needs purple in there somewhere. Purple has always been the Raptors's color. Even if it did, though, it'd still be incredibly bland and generic - which is exactly why recent NBA rebrands and relocations (OKLAHOMA CITY) are on bad terms with me.

I feel the same. Ever since I heard the Raptors were doing a rebrand I was excited but at the same time nervous just based on the fact that its a rebrand anything is possible and to your points, bland and generic.

But like every other person ( Raptor fans including myself ) really want to see the purple colour scheme somehow back into the Raptors rebrand. I was expecting something more creative for the Raptors, after seeing the Hornets new logo. I figured they would go far and beyond making something creative but the hopes are limited. It really does remind me of the Nets which to me I'm not a fan of. But I am fan of the expectations. I do hope and look forward to what we can expect. Uniforms to the other colour schemes etc. As nervous as I'm waiting for the bomb to drop, I hope for the best.

4kv29i.jpg

I don't think think they should bring back purple. They're obviously trying to capitalize on the massive popularity they have achieved in Canada, and they need their own distinctive, new brand. Going back to their original colour scheme isn't going to help them establish a distinctive brand that new fans can connect to.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

After doing some reading the black, red and silver logo is the primary. Gold and black version will be an alternate. Look for primary home and away uniforms to keep same colors as currently being used with a black and gold alt

Oh :censored: off Drake. What an awful design.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't think think they should bring back purple. They're obviously trying to capitalize on the massive popularity they have achieved in Canada, and they need their own distinctive, new brand. Going back to their original colour scheme isn't going to help them establish a distinctive brand that new fans can connect to.

Using a logo that, as even casual fans have noticed, bears a striking resemblance to that of a division rival isn't going to help them establish a distinctive brand. Neither is using a colour scheme that 3 other teams in the association use (and have all won championships in). The organization can bring back purple, while still creating a new, distinct brand.

Archived