Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually see this set as a pretty nice upgrade. The logo is still a downgrade in my mind, but there are many features on the uniforms that I feel make them better than the last set. No wishbone collar? Upgrade. Wordmarks? Upgrade (many probably won't agree with this, but I like the simplicity and the serious arch). The number font is equally as bad as the last one IMO, but I like how the striping on the sides of the uniform is now thinner, and the chevrons pointing upwards is a nice change as well. The "T" design on the shorts is a nice touch too. I know many probably see this set as a downgrade, but I just felt the last set was extremely stale after the removal of purple, and this is a nice, simplified update on the last set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Looks like the same number font from their summer league uniforms.

480283006-delon-wright-of-the-toronto-ra

It's a pretty clean and conservative look. I just don't associate that style with the Toronto Raptors. They should be one of the more loud and edgy teams in the NBA, in my opinion.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Not bad. The Drake alternate is dumb though.

The shorts are unique, i like em a lot. I can't get passed the mismatching trim when it comes to the neck trim and armhole trim. Why didn't they match that up?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Notice that the Drake alt is listed as a "Road Alternate". That's odd

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1438658812-media.jpg1438659267thumbnail-media.jpg1438659601thumbnail-media.jpg1438659604thumbnail-media.jpg1438659607thumbnail-media.jpg

here's NBA 2k16's version..

P.S. you can clearly see there center court logo is the main logo and the paint is almost the same as last year (posted in NBA new unis thread too)

Court looks like a hybrid of the 06-08 and 11-14 courts. Not bad 'tho.

Nothing about this seem worthwhile. The basic design of the uniform, as well as the colour scheme, remains unchanged. The big changes are the new logo and the new fonts, both of which are downgrades.

As for the purple...the people who thought the uniforms were being "delayed" so they could work purple in were always reaching. That was never going to happen. The logistics of how these things work simply wouldn't allow for it.

Still...they should have gone with purple from the start of the rebranding process. A change in colour scheme would justify the change and it would be incredibly popular. The Raptors' 90s throwback gear is huge with "the kids these days." Something that hearkened back to that look would fly off the shelves.

With the whole "We The North" campaign, I was thinking that all the jerseys would say Toronto; but none of them have Toronto which to me doesn't make sense. Overall, not as bad as what I thought they would turn out.

mcbqza.jpg

Courtesy of RaptorsRealTalk twitter..mockup of their home court. They went ALL RED like Kings (all Purple)...uughh

CLiSlerUwAA0ptr.jpg

Jeez, this is how I see it. Only difference is I forgot the 'WTN' slogan and the baseline's color is black. And my center court logo is smaller.

6kToHl4.jpg

The all red on the court actually seems like the appropriate choice when you look at the home uniforms. The home uniforms have all red trim, and the only black is the wordmarks and numbers, whereas the only black on the court is the logo and wordmarks. Not saying the all red is the most satisfying look, but it looks appropriate when you look at the uniforms that will be worn on that floor about 95% of the time.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Block font paired with non-block numbers... Why? It looks terrible. Non-block letters with block numbers can work, but I've never seen it work the other way.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of anything about the rebrand. These are just bland jerseys that look really bad in front, the logo sucks, everything involving Drake is just a dumb ploy to try to do what the Nets did with Jay-Z. I also have a feeling that the novelty of the T on the shorts is going to wear off fast. Just a hunch on that

Better than the Clippers though, so...

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The shorts are really nice, I actually love them. It's by far the best use of the new logo that I've seen thus far. The rest? Trash. Boring, stale, uninspired trash. The numbers don't really match the letters, they did almost nothing to improve the color scheme, they have an alternate jersey named after a kinda-sorta-fan-of-the-team rapper trying to be seen and bite off of Jay-Z (and I actually like Drake as an artist...), and they kept so many elements of the old jerseys that a change seems completely unnecessary. I really don't understand what they were trying to accomplish here. At best it's a lateral move.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The shorts are really nice, I actually love them. It's by far the best use of the new logo that I've seen thus far. The rest? Trash. Boring, stale, uninspired trash. The numbers don't really match the letters, they did almost nothing to improve the color scheme, they have an alternate jersey named after a kinda-sorta-fan-of-the-team rapper trying to be seen and bite off of Jay-Z (and I actually like Drake as an artist...), and they kept so many elements of the old jerseys that a change seems completely unnecessary. I really don't understand what they were trying to accomplish here. At best it's a lateral move.

Agree with you. Nothing more to say about this.

Archived