The worst logos in NCAA Division I - Schools that are in dire need of a rebrand.

Luke_Groundrunner

8100_florida_gulf_coast__eagles-primary-

Really, that's my favorite logo that doesn't belong to a team I show good-bias to.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm biased because the chance for the logo I designed (that's currently used by the club football and hockey teams) has fallen through, but come on... gradients in 2014?

2381_wisconsin-milwaukee_panthers-primar

What's worse, this is our only logo. No monogram alternative for when people want to buy school gear without that gaudy belt buckle on it.

Isn't the Jackson State logo just their academic mark that they've decided to use for athletics?

But yea... they need something new. Too bad they don't have a "C" in their school's name so they could just adopt the Bears' logo as a tribute to Walter Payton the way Grambling adopted the Packers logo for Willie Davis.

Isn't the Jackson State logo just their academic mark that they've decided to use for athletics?

But yea... they need something new. Too bad they don't have a "C" in their school's name so they could just adopt the Bears' logo as a tribute to Walter Payton the way Grambling adopted the Packers logo for Willie Davis.

They have a seal-looking thing for the academic logo. The "Block JSU" logo has been around for a long time. Part of the reason it has endured (I'm guessing) is 1) they were very successful for a very long time in all sports, and 2) The logo is a party of one. There's not really anything else that is close to it. It is truly a distinguishing mark.

I remember thinking during the Lafayette regional last year that JSU could build an identity around the block J on their baseball cap. Would be generic, but better than what they have now.

Those baseball jerseys on the other hand... Worst I've ever seen. I'll see if I can find a picture.

usatsi7285845.jpg

NOCBCBCWSDTWUGZ.20140527015232.gif

A quick google search turned up this. Not great, but so much more appealing than what they're using now.

Jackson-State.jpg

Hell, their actual academic wordmark would look better on a football helmet than their tic tac toe game.

Jackson_State_University_Logo.png

Maybe I'm biased because the chance for the logo I designed (that's currently used by the club football and hockey teams) has fallen through, but come on... gradients in 2014?

What's worse, this is our only logo. No monogram alternative for when people want to buy school gear without that gaudy belt buckle on it.

What ever happened to the new alternate marks with a updated Panther??

At least Michigan's M (or Georgia's G or Alabama's A) puts the emphasis on the school's name and general location.

Miami's letter logo comes from University. Do you realize just how many official college names begin with "(The) University of..."? Ask a non-sports fan what "The U" stands for, and their first thought won't be Miami.

It's a minor annoyance to me when the singular letter logo isn't an indicator of where they're from. Michigan State can sort of get away with the S logo because of their nickname. South Carolina using the C logo (granted, with the ugly-ass chicken) kinda slights the state, and it could be slightly argued that the C could also stand for the nickname of the nickname.

Everybody in Utah calls The University of Utah, The U. I've always thought it was dumb that Miami calls themselves that. It actually makes sense for Utah to be called the U.

What ever happened to the new alternate marks with a updated Panther??

Apparently those are (somehow) exclusive to the bookstore, and they already seem to be phasing them out.

Shame, because if we're only going to have one logo, it may as well be this:

standing_panther_zps69c057e5.png

Sweater'd Panther is a boss.

pscf3, tell me about it! The white on light gray makes me wanna puke. Could you imagine being a stat spotter or a spotter for the PA? Or how bout a visiting radio broadcaster? I was at the arena the other night when they hosted Southern Miss. Same thing; White on light gray. At least the hoops jerseys have a thin blue trim.

At least Michigan's M (or Georgia's G or Alabama's A) puts the emphasis on the school's name and general location.

Miami's letter logo comes from University. Do you realize just how many official college names begin with "(The) University of..."? Ask a non-sports fan what "The U" stands for, and their first thought won't be Miami.

It's a minor annoyance to me when the singular letter logo isn't an indicator of where they're from. Michigan State can sort of get away with the S logo because of their nickname. South Carolina using the C logo (granted, with the ugly-ass chicken) kinda slights the state, and it could be slightly argued that the C could also stand for the nickname of the nickname.

In SC, USC is commonly referred to as "Carolina," one of the reasons the block C logo works for Carolina in the state. Another is that the orange upstate farmer school doesn't regularly use a "C" logo as much as they use their paw logo.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

EasternMichUniv.gif

Is Eastern Michigan still using this one? I'm tempted to do it for free for them.

I talked to the EMU athletics director Derrick Vergolini last week, when he contacted us about updating the EMU Eagles page on the site. He said that all the logos from 2003 were now discontinued, and the only logo they currently use is the green block E. So the EMU page was update according to his instructions.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/669/Eastern_Michigan_Eagles/

In SC, USC is commonly referred to as "Carolina," one of the reasons the block C logo works for Carolina in the state. Another is that the orange upstate farmer school doesn't regularly use a "C" logo as much as they use their paw logo.

EasternMichUniv.gif

Is Eastern Michigan still using this one? I'm tempted to do it for free for them.

I talked to the EMU athletics director Derrick Vergolini last week, when he contacted us about updating the EMU Eagles page on the site. He said that all the logos from 2003 were now discontinued, and the only logo they currently use is the green block E. So the EMU page was update according to his instructions.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/669/Eastern_Michigan_Eagles/

FYI, Eastern's AD is a woman. Even during a holiday break period, she has more on her hands than to contact this site.

Not that the change of logos is false, but you talked to a kid who is a freshman and is a quasi-team baseball manager per his own Twitter account. .

A school, with the current branding, I am ashamed to call my alma mater

5440_buffalo_bulls-wordmark-2007.png

As soon as they drop it, and the whole "New York Bulls Initative" crap, ill donate and attend sporting events

until then, not a penny from me and I will not be in attendance at any sporting events.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

A school, with the current branding, I am ashamed to call my alma mater

5440_buffalo_bulls-wordmark-2007.png

As soon as they drop it, and the whole "New York Bulls Initative" crap, ill donate and attend sporting events

until then, not a penny from me and I will not be in attendance at any sporting events.

I've hated this from the first time I saw it. It is beyond stupid. On the bright side, you guys just hired yourself a hell of a football coach. Your program will be on the rise.

Archived