BigRed618

Bigred's Hockey Concepts (Indpls Racers added)

Adding a checklist to keep track of who's left. Those marked with an * are done.

ATLANTIC

* Boston Bruins

* Detroit Red Wings

* Montreal Canadiens

* Toronto Maple Leafs

* Ottawa Senators

* Buffalo Sabres

* Tampa Bay Lightning

* Florida Panthers

METROPOLITAN

* New York Rangers

* New York Islanders

* New Jersey Devils

* Washington Capitals

* Philadelphia Flyers

* Pittsburgh Penguins

* Columbus Blue Jackets

* Carolina Hurricanes

CENTRAL

* Chicago Blackhawks

* St. Louis Blues

* Winnipeg Jets

* Dallas Stars

* Nashville Predators

* Minnesota Wild

* Colorado Avalanche

PACIFIC

*Los Angeles Kings

* Anaheim Ducks

* San Jose Sharks

* Vancouver Canucks

* Calgary Flames

* Edmonton Oilers

* Arizona Coyotes

* All-Stars

EXTRA (defunct, fantasy, etc.)

EAST

* Quebec Nordiques

* Halifax Highlanders

* Hamilton Tigers

* Hartford Whalers

* Atlanta Thrashers

* Indianapolis Racers

WEST

* Toronto St. Patricks

* Seattle Metropolitans

* Portland Rosebuds

* Spokane Canaries

* Houston Apollos

New Westminster Royals

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

phi_Flyers.png

I couldn't find my old hockey concepts thread, so I started another one. I'll repost my old concepts here soon, but for now, here's a new one I made for the Flyers. It's basically a jazzed-up version of they they have now, kind of a 70's cyberpunk vibe to match their logo. I also wanted to distribute the colors better by incorporating some black onto the hem. What do you think?

This is an interesting look, but it has a minor league feel to me. This would be absolutely perfect for their AHL or ECHL affiliates.

ST. LOUIS BLUES

stl_Blues.png

For my home team, the main thing I wanted was a decent secondary logo to wear on their shoulders. I came up with an STL monogram inspired by the one the NL's Cardinals have. The S is a reverse trebel symbol, ending with a hockey stick-shaped L.

The third jersey is something they might use if they were ever invited to a Winter Classic. If the Blues were around during the '20s, I figured the name Blues would refer to the color of their jerseys, since blues music wasn't invented yet in those days. The bird on the logo is a bluebird, Missouri's state bird. C&C appreciated, as always.

Nice set. Like the faux back.

Big fan of the Blues alternate. Nice way to incorporate red without going overboard like the 90's set.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

nas_Preds.png

For the Music City Super Cats, I thought I'd try my hand at making an all-new logo for them. Here's a fresh take on the classic roundel, using an end-zone faceoff circle to contain the team name with the sabertooth lurking behind it. I thought the faceoff circle would be a good way to convey that the Preds are a hockey team without resorting to using hockey sticks like just about every other team.

The cat was hand-drawn by me. I know he needs some refining, but what do you think of the idea?

The predators concept is interesting, but it just doesn't have a major league feel to it (other than obviously needing a little cleaning up and whatnot)

Thanks for all your input. Here are a couple more concepts...

BOSTON BRUINS

bos_Bruins.png

This one is just a repost from my previous thread. From 1936 to 1948 the Bruins had the players number in front of their jerseys in leau of a logo. I just wanted to see how such a look would be received in today's NHL. They still have their classic circle logo, which is now on the shoulders.

CALGARY FLAMES

cal_Flames.png

The first thing that had to go was the black. I was fine with it when it was introduced in the mid '90s, but now there's too much of it. The Flaming C should never be black, imo.

That's it for now C&C appreciated, as always.

At first I wasn't a huge fan of Calgary, but now it just works. Idk why, but there's a great balance of colors. I see you went back a bit to those 90s jerseys when white was there secondary color. Those were decent jerseys, just executed badly.

oohh like the flames.Predators logo needs a little help. and the bruins would look great, if the jersey wasn't modern. i say put the logo back, or change the jersey style

That Flames concept looks great. Big fan of the minimalism and how you made a rather unpopular design choice (diagonal stripes) look good

Calgary looks good. I really like that.

The Sabertooth for the Preds looks more like a Pokémon to me. I like the thought, I just think the logo needs to be cleaned up.

Boston looks good. Like the big front numbers.

I had a feeling you guys would like the Flames concept. I wouldn't call it minimalistic so much as I would call it using design elements effectively. I am a fan of minimalistic designs, but a more robust look can work as well if it's put together properly.

Here are a couple more gems from my previous thread...

MONTREAL CANADIENS

mtl_Habs.png

Only change I made to the home is change the hem so it matches the sleeves better. I made up a new road jersey inspired by a similar white jersey the Habs wore in the '30s. Then I had this idea for a third jersey for them. I know it looks similar to the jerseys worn by the Kings and Sharks in the Stadium Series, but I promise, I had this concept made long before that.

WINNIPEG JETS

win_Jets.png

I'm not a fan of the Jets' current logo, but I didn't want to rehash any of the old ones, so I made up something completely new. Also modeled after the RCAF's emblem, the maple leaf forms a W, while the jet's exaust makes a hockey stick-shaped J.

C&C, please and thank you.

i really like the alternate. have you thoguht of making the alternate the home, and creating an away to go with it. like what the ducks did