Toronto Raptors 2015 Redesign

nburton27

I have followed these forums for quite some time, but I am only now posting my first concept on here. I usually only make hockey concepts, but with the release of the new Toronto Raptors logo I figured I would try to put together a new uniform set that the team could use next year. First of all, I made a couples updates to the recently unveiled logo. For the logo i first thickened up the lines on the basketball a bit, and then changed the font to the font the Raptors used for their WE THE NORTH slogan.

g4306_zps3ad47e1c.png

Now onto the jerseys. I tried to give them a new look while tying in with the team's past. For the third jersey I swapped all red from the black jersey and changed it to gold. The black and gold uniform would most likely be used on Drake night.

raptors_zpsf36e1e24.png

This is really cool. Maybe it's my imagination or my monitor, but the gray in the logo looks like it has a purplish tint. That'd be a really nice touch if I'm not seeing things.

Speaking of that, how would this look if you worked in some purple?

I am not and will never be a raptors fan, but if i was, I think I would be thrilled with these. Although the new logo may be portrayed as "bland" or "safe", I think you have helped to liven it up a little bit by using the font from the "We the North" slogan. The font in itself is a little funky but it is unique to the NBA and it also helps to separate the new Raptors logo from the Nets. As for the uniforms, I am not a huge fan of the vertical pinstripes that were on the original Raps' unis but I think it could work with this toned down color scheme and uniform design. It is not the prettiest of designs, but it is once again unique to the NBA and ties into the Raps' heritage. Having two black uniforms is a curious choice, but one that is quite plausible considering the black and gold Drake inspired alternate logo. Overall, I think this is one of the better looks that could be made out of the new logo so I commend you on that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived