SEC Baseball- 2015 Edition

hailstateunis

I did a series of NCAA baseball concepts this time last year; I did the entire SEC as well as many other NCAA baseball programs. You can see that thread here:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96379-ncaa-baseball-sec-is-complete/

This year, I will revisit the SEC concepts on hopefully improve on them. The first two I've done are Mississippi State and Arkansas, both of which I am very happy with.

--

Mississippi State has the potential for a great baseball uniform set. They look good as it is, but a few simple tweaks and they could have a classic, untouchable look. Here, I've introduced a new, consistent number font. That same font has been applied to the "Mississippi State" wordmark and has been used to create a new "Bulldogs" wordmark. A Mississippi patch has been added to the sleeve of each jersey.
The white and maroon jerseys remain with the modified wordmark and number font. The pinstripe and maroon MS jerseys also remain, with the only change being the updated number font. The "Bulldogs" wordmark is applied to the cream jersey and to a new gray away jersey.
These changes, I believe, would unify Mississippi State's baseball brand. Adidas would be allowed to introduce two crazy alternates a year, for use in the SEC tournament only.
V82aoGR.png
I based Arkansas on their Nike rebrand from this past summer. The classic A logo stays, and the new Razorback logo has been added to the sleeve as a patch. The number font has been updated; the new slanted wordmarks seem tailor-made for baseball.
zgBGG1y.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm honestly not feeling the font for Miss State, I'm not sure if its the font exactly or what but it seems almost out of place. But I like the uniform set especially the cream uniform. Its kinda of the same thing with Arkansas except I dont mind the font but it looks weird with the Classic Arkansas A and the new font. I'd say either ditch the A and go with the Hog or what not or just change the font. But good job I would like to see more.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

I feel like MSU's font is serif-happy, but it fits pretty well IMO.

Arkansas feels a bit odd - granted I've never liked their identity on the diamond. I'm not sure, something about the retro A and the modern wordmark. It has never looked right to me. Strictly design wise, the hog head gets lost on the red top. I'd like to see something different there.

Interested to see what you can do to Auburn. Our uniforms seem to be all over the place (throwback, pinstripes, meh)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I don't like either number font but as an SEC baseball fan (my stepdad is an SEC baseball umpire) I am glad to see some college baseball on the boards. When you get to my Commodores, it would be great if you put a sleeve patch commemorating the CWS.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Same thoughts on MSU's font.

It's a very western-styled font, which might work for a school like Oklahoma State, UNLV, etc., but not for a team in the deep south like MSU. Doesn't jive.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't like either number font but as an SEC baseball fan (my stepdad is an SEC baseball umpire) I am glad to see some college baseball on the boards. When you get to my Commodores, it would be great if you put a sleeve patch commemorating the CWS.

Ooooh this will be fun when me makes it to Auburn... :)

ojNNazQ.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, guys. The western-ish font for Mississippi State is an updated version of these 80's jerseys that some very good teams wore.

a-bto6lcqaan-d6-jpg-large.jpeg

They've worn a version of them for the last few years:

mssst.jpg

Up next in the series is Tennessee. I kept them with Adidas for this concept- they do have one more baseball season left. I kept it pretty simple here; Tennessee has a beautiful color scheme. I eliminated the black from the set, but added a smokey gray alternate (EDIT- It's been lightened so that it isn't misinterpreted as black). I made a second orange jersey that had smokey gray numbers, but it just didn't look right, so I omitted it.

kURYLW6.png

Looks good! Where did you get the number font? I've made it harder on myself making each number roughly. I like the blue top with the orange piping rather than the white.

And for reference, these were the uniforms worn last year.

StandingsFinal2014_zps1ca8788c.jpg

ojNNazQ.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, guys. The western-ish font for Mississippi State is an updated version of these 80's jerseys that some very good teams wore.

a-bto6lcqaan-d6-jpg-large.jpeg

They've worn a version of them for the last few years:

mssst.jpg

I don't like Mississippi State, but I will admit, as far as a baseball uniform is concerned, this is one of my favorites. One of the best looks in baseball as far as fitting the identity of Mississippi State in my opinion.

jajtww.jpg

Looks good! Where did you get the number font? I've made it harder on myself making each number roughly. I like the blue top with the orange piping rather than the white.

Keegan Thompson, he's one of my friends from high school. He's got a great arm, can't wait to see what his future holds, our high school inducted him in the Hall of Fame the other night.

As far as the concepts go, I don't really care for the Arkansas number font, would rather have something that matches the wordmark a little bit better but everything else looks really good!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Keegan Thompson, he's one of my friends from high school. He's got a great arm, can't wait to see what his future holds, our high school inducted him in the Hall of Fame the other night.

As far as the concepts go, I don't really care for the Arkansas number font, would rather have something that matches the wordmark a little bit better but everything else looks really good!

Keegan is a ton of fun to watch.

And thanks on the font tip, I'll have to go do that to make things easier.

ojNNazQ.jpg

So apparently I'm really bored today. Here's two more, both of which are very similar to the ones I did last year.

Florida:

Florida has nice, modern wordmarks that work great for baseball jerseys. In addition to the four regular jerseys, there is a cream fauxback that was positively received last year. I made some slight improvements to the jersey, which uses the old "Gators" script and "UF" logo.

Ox5uVkY.png

Mizzou:

I went with a very modern design for Mizzou, taking the design from the yellow football uniform and applying it here. You may notice that the SEC patch is in a different, perhaps more accurate spot to fit with the design better. Please overlook this slight inconsistency.

p7IPWsL.png

Ole Miss:

I delayed Ole Miss until now because I didn't have a great idea on exactly what to do. Finally, I had this idea for a throwback involving powder blue. That jersey, in the bottom right hand corner, is red with white numbers and wordmark; it is paired with a powder blue hat and gray pants.

As for the rest of the set, the "Ole Miss" script is on the White, Gray, and Red jerseys, while the "Rebels" script is on the pinstripe and the Navy jerseys. The pinstripe and gray jerseys are predominately blue, and the white jersey is predominately red.

BgedWEI.png

Archived