Pro teams in need of a rebrand

MNtwins3

Even though I love the Jackets to death, the jerseys are really boring. There's a problem when the away jersey looks better than the home. My solution: promote the alt template to primary, change the Royal blue to red, change the cream to regular white, keep the primary logo, change the number font, and add shoulder patches.

I also think the Wild needs to rebrand AGAIN, I hate that the team uses 2 templates for the jerseys.

Lastly, I HATE the Panthers look. I'd say morph the logo into an N with a hockey stick, swap red with a royal blue, kill the gold, and add some fleur de lis to it...

That's what- She

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL (11)

Titans - Nothing about their current set is appealing to me..I think we can all agree they're overdue for a change.

Patriots - It's an opinion shared by many on here, but nothing will change for a while because the team has been so successful wearing these unis.

Broncos - IMO their current set looks dated.

Chargers - I'd like to see them go back to powder blue and change that number font.

Buccaneers - I don't know why they felt the tweaks to their logo were necessary, because IMO it only looks worse.

Falcons - ...

Rams - I feel like the Pats, Broncos, Falcons, and St. Louis have similar elements that need to be axed badly.

Washington - Everything.

Eagles - That number font and shade of green have to go. I don't know how kelly green/black/silver would look, but I'd assume cleaner than midnight green.

Cowboys - Is this ever going to happen with Jerry there, though?

Cardinals - Same issues as the Rams and Falcons.

MLB (4)

Twins - The addition of gold and subtraction of pinstripes didn't upset me so much as the lack of consistency with their new color across their entire set. That needs to be looked at, and soon.

Diamondbacks - They're just so bland compared to their old identity, which I still defend as one of the 90's best looks.

Brewers - I agree with what Gothamite said earlier - they need to start fresh.

Padres - Perhaps one of the most unimaginative rebrands took place with this club a while back. I wish they'd do brown/gold. Their navy/orange set was even better than this.

NBA (8)

Mavericks - The mixture of blues looks tacky to me and I think that this set is too plain.

Wolves - Dallas Mavericks Jr. Both began blue/green, then drop green in favor of silver or black. Just disappointing.

Thunder - Their jerseys honestly aren't too bad, but that logo has to be the least creative primary mark in the NBA.

Clippers - Drop the Los Angeles Lakers wannabe primary logo and add a nautical theme to the brand.

Kings - I really don't know what I'd want them to do, but something has to be done.

Pacers - They feel like one of those NBA teams that changes their jerseys every once in a while. I'm partial to their late 80's unis.

Magic - They're in the same boat as Sacramento with me.

Hawks - Hey, Atlanta! Go with that red/yellow look! It looked infinitely better than current your red/white/blue set!

NHL (9)

Ducks - I initially liked their rebrand, but now I can't stand it. I don't know if a return to the Mighty Ducks look is the answer, but it may be.

Sabres - Those jerseys just need to go.

Flames - Same sitch as Buffalo.

Avalanche - Same sitch as Buffalo..

Panthers - Same sitch as Buffalo...I mean, seriously, what's up with those sleeve stripes?

Kings - I'd like to see a return to purple, personally.

Predators - Same sitch as Buffalo....

Islanders - Maybe it doesn't qualify as a rebrand, but their primary logo needs a touch-up.

Penguins - The entire world wants this change to happen, no?

*I feel as if more NHL teams need rebrands, but maybe this is all I can think of off the top of my head*

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

NHL:

Canucks - Replace the Orca with the Skating Johnny Canuck. A 'V' or a roundel as a backdrop is acceptable. Return to block font and add a green border.

Flames - Ditch the black and go full out retro.

Avalanche - Ditch the black and add more burgundy. Font needs improvement.

Kings - Retro crown(minus Chevy crest) and 90's template.

Wild - NAME CHANGE!! Moose? Fighting Saints? North Stars 2.0??

Sharks - Replace orange with grey. HEMLINE STRIPE!

MLS:

TFC - Toronto Blizzard FC, Toronto Metros FC

Real Salt Lake - Salt Lake Royals

Sporting KC - KC Wizards

DC United - DC Diplomats

LAFC - LA Aztecs

NYFC - New York Blues(Cosmos will join MLS eventually)

FC Dallas - Dallas Toros FC

Orlando City SC - Orlando Lions SC

Atlanta Phoenix - Atlanta Chiefs, Atlanta Silverbacks

MLS:

Sporting KC - KC Wizards

DC United - DC Diplomats

LAFC - LA Aztecs

Absolutely not.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

MLS:

Sporting KC - KC Wizards

DC United - DC Diplomats

LAFC - LA Aztecs

NASL nostalgia cannot die soon enough.

NBA

76ers: Use logo font for jersey font. Add side panels with stars akin 70's unis.

Knicks: Lose the gray. Extend arm trim. Bring back side panels from previous uniforms. Use logo font on unis.

Nets: Switch the black for blue. Add gray/silver (dodgers-esque).

Raptors: Purple and Red. Nuff said. Scrap new logo.

Bucks: Keep Red add Irish rainbow somehow into side panels.

Pacers: Create uniforms combing aspects from the 80's unis, Flo-Jo unis and current unis (Hated the pinstriped look).

Hawks: Lose the navy. red, Yellow and white with a hint of black.

Hornets: Scrap unis. Go to something similar to bobcats pinstripe unis from Ray Felton, Gerald Wallace era.

Wizards: Lose the RWB. Gold to Black and Gold.

Mavs: Keep unis but switch the lighter blue for emerald green.

Grizzlies: Go back to Vancouver

Rockets: Switch silver for Gold (vegas Gold)

Pelicans: Switch Red and navy for Purple and Green

Thunder: Start over. get some character

Wolves: Switch black for green. Add green alts.

Jazz: New colors. Purple or Green, with light blue and gold

Clippers: Burnt Orange and sky blue

Suns: De-emphasize on black. Highlight orange

Kings: Current font is dated and tacky. Use cursive font

Warriors: new logo please.

MLB

Braves: Switch from Navy to Black (i.e. Milwaukee Braves. Uniforms become more in line with other ATL teams)

D-Backs: Keep current identity. Switch black for teal/green

Padres: Brown and Gold or Yellow

Rockies: Something new with Forum Blue and Silver Blue

Marlins: teal/Aqua/neon with red-orange-pinkish color with hint of black and silver

Rays: Green and light blue with a little more character

Red Sox: More red prominent

Angels: Switch Silver to Gold and caps with navy crown red brim

Astros: Keep colors add yellow use previous logo (rotate it upwards) more futuristic uniform design

Phillies: red and Blue to Maroon and light blue

Pirates: Add yellow cap with black brim

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

NBA

76ers: Use logo font for jersey font. Add side panels with stars akin 70's unis.

Knicks: Lose the gray. Extend arm trim. Bring back side panels from previous uniforms. Use logo font on unis.

Nets: Switch the black for blue. Add gray/silver (dodgers-esque).

Raptors: Purple and Red. Nuff said. Scrap new logo.

Bucks: Keep Red add Irish rainbow somehow into side panels.

Pacers: Create uniforms combing aspects from the 80's unis, Flo-Jo unis and current unis (Hated the pinstriped look).

Hawks: Lose the navy. red, Yellow and white with a hint of black.

Hornets: Scrap unis. Go to something similar to bobcats pinstripe unis from Ray Felton, Gerald Wallace era.

Wizards: Lose the RWB. Gold to Black and Gold.

Mavs: Keep unis but switch the lighter blue for emerald green.

Grizzlies: Go back to Vancouver

Rockets: Switch silver for Gold (vegas Gold)

Pelicans: Switch Red and navy for Purple and Green

Thunder: Start over. get some character

Wolves: Switch black for green. Add green alts.

Jazz: New colors. Purple or Green, with light blue and gold

Clippers: Burnt Orange and sky blue

Suns: De-emphasize on black. Highlight orange

Kings: Current font is dated and tacky. Use cursive font

Warriors: new logo please.

MLB

Braves: Switch from Navy to Black (i.e. Milwaukee Braves. Uniforms become more in line with other ATL teams)

D-Backs: Keep current identity. Switch black for teal/green

Padres: Brown and Gold or Yellow

Rockies: Something new with Forum Blue and Silver Blue

Marlins: teal/Aqua/neon with red-orange-pinkish color with hint of black and silver

Rays: Green and light blue with a little more character

Red Sox: More red prominent

Angels: Switch Silver to Gold and caps with navy crown red brim

Astros: Keep colors add yellow use previous logo (rotate it upwards) more futuristic uniform design

Phillies: red and Blue to Maroon and light blue

Pirates: Add yellow cap with black brim

Milwaukee Braves were never black and the Hawks are navy.

I've been experimenting with a possible MLB-to-football crossover and I noticed that there are A LOT of teams with the same or similar color schemes. Here's what I would change:

Phillies - Change to maroon and light blue

Brewers - change the gold to yellow

Twins - add gold full time. I actually like the addition of gold.

Houston - go back to the previous color scheme. Yes, I said it. I like their old scheme and logo package better.

Giants - Ditto Minnesota.

Padres - Brown is the way to go, but it needs to be modern rather than the 70s-esque brown-orange-gold scheme. My solution is a Dark Brown-Light Blue-Sand scheme.

Marlins - take the current logo and combine it with the previous color scheme.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

There's other teams who may need a tweak here or there but these are main ones I think need changes

NFL:

Bengals - Really all they need to do is lose the side panels.

(Saving this spot for 2015 Browns ;) )

Bucs - How this even got past the concept stage is beyond me.

Cardinals - dated Reebok mess that needs a change.

Falcons - Haven't stood test of time. Do something red helmets and black jerseys.

Jaguars - Go back to being mainly team. Launch helmets into outer space. New logo is fine, even if I'm nostaglic for the old one.

Patriots- see Cardinals/Falcons

NHL:

Avanlanche - Edge mess. Start over with something closer to original set.

Capitals - start over. Make WEagle the main logo.

Ducks - They upgraded, but that wasn't hard to do. If you're not gonna bring back the Eggplant and Jade at least use the Duck mask in current colors.

Flames- Edge piping mess. Stupid warning flags. 80s set would be perfect, I could even live with the pre-edge set.

Hurricanes- Team Canada? Carolina Red Leafs? Why they dropped the unique warning flags is beyond me.

Penguins - Another edge mess.. Promote your 3rd to primary and make a white one.

Senators- See Penguins/Avs/Flames. Also bring back 2-D logo.

Wild - Road and Alt are perfect. Home jerseys are dated.

Teams that need a hem stripe: Coyotes, Panthers, Sharks.

MLB:

Brewers - BiG unis.

DBacks - PURPLE AND TEAL!!!!

Marlins - everything about their recent rebrand sucked. Teal needs to be more prominent.

Padres - boring and lifeless. Don't necessarily want them to bring back brown, but they need to do something.

NBA:

Hawks - Looks like their already getting one next year. Dropping Navy and making the Pacman logo more prominent.

Kings - what they have isn't working

Mavs - Dated. Needs green in their somewhere.

Rockets - never liked these. I'm one of the few who like Barkley-era ones though.

Thunder- boring unis, too many colors, atrocious logo.

T'Wolves - these are mess. Garnett-era was perfect.

I see a lot of people saying the Sixers. I like what they have now, yea they're boring but I fear what a rebrand might bring. (They're rumored for one next year). IDC if they change the uniforms. Just never touch the logo and colors. A lot of people saying Iverson-era return, no just no, that's just Iverson-nostalgia and I say that with AI being one of my favorite players ever.

MLS:

Sporting KC - KC Wizards

DC United - DC Diplomats

LAFC - LA Aztecs

Absolutely not.

MLS:

Sporting KC - KC Wizards

DC United - DC Diplomats

LAFC - LA Aztecs

Sorry, but Euro brands belong in Europe. This is North America and sports teams have official team names.

Like it or not, the NASL planted the seed of pro soccer in North America.

It failed spectacularly. As far as "Euro brands" go? MLS' branding success has increased significantly since they began to use European-style names that soccer fans accept as sounding "professional." The league almost went under when they tried to tailor the game to North American sensibilities. Since they've gone with their current direction? They've been successful.

Like it or not, the European branding has proven to be a huge success.

MLS:

Sporting KC - KC Wizards

DC United - DC Diplomats

LAFC - LA Aztecs

Absolutely not.

MLS:

Sporting KC - KC Wizards

DC United - DC Diplomats

LAFC - LA Aztecs

Sorry, but Euro brands belong in Europe. This is North America and sports teams have official team names.

Like it or not, the NASL planted the seed of pro soccer in North America.

Because it's not like European-style branding has been present in MLS since its founding.

Oh wait.

European-style branding is the professional and correct way to brand a soccer team. There are exceptions to every rule, of course, and if anyone tries to rebrand the Fire I will start a riot, but the point still stands.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It failed spectacularly. As far as "Euro brands" go? MLS' branding success has increased significantly since they began to use European-style names that soccer fans accept as sounding "professional." The league almost went under when they tried to tailor the game to North American sensibilities. Since they've gone with their current direction? They've been successful.

Like it or not, the European branding has proven to be a huge success.

Couldn't disagree more. You should go to places like Portland, Seattle, and here in Vancouver where the fans absolutely love their teams and the history that goes back to the NASL era. The LA Galaxy(no NASL ties) have done very nicely both on and off the field.

The main reason why MLS is doing well is because of most teams playing in soccer-specific stadiums. The opening festivities before each game with teams walking out of the tunnels with youth teams is a soccer tradition. Supporters groups like Portland's Timbers Army, Seattle's Emerald City Supporters and the Vancouver Southsiders, which I'm proudly a member of, rank as among the very best in MLS.

The NASL was a success in a number of markets. The reasons why the league fell apart was because of over expansion, not having a salary cap and having teams play in huge football stadiums without the thought of configuring the seating to make attending games more intimate. Playing indoors during the winter didn't help matters either. Not because of team names.

"Tailoring the game to North American sensibilities" is an example of condescending British "Football" snobbishness. I will take my Vancouver Whitecaps FC any day over the likes of "Vancouver FC" or "Van City United". This isn't Europe and we have other major pro sports.

Soccer is soccer and fans who enjoy the Beautiful Game will come out to watch.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Washington Redskins: You play in Landover, MD and are headquartered in Loudon County, VA. You are not a DC team, so drop the Washington bit or move your games, or at least the HQ into DC.

And if you do, rebrand yourselves the Washington Monuments or the (personal favourite) Columbia Beans, the former go with R/W/B and the latter go with a Brown/tan look.

My comments also stand for the NJ Jets/Giants as well, same with the Anaheim Angels as well.

Be proud of where you are from and where you play.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Washington Redskins: You play in Landover, MD and are headquartered in Loudon County, VA. You are not a DC team, so drop the Washington bit or move your games, or at least the HQ into DC.

And if you do, rebrand yourselves the Washington Monuments or the (personal favourite) Columbia Beans, the former go with R/W/B and the latter go with a Brown/tan look.

My comments also stand for the NJ Jets/Giants as well, same with the Anaheim Angels as well.

Uh....but no offense, this is probably the worst idea here. Merry Christmas though. ;)

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Uh....but no offense, this is probably the worst idea here. Merry Christmas though. ;)

Joyeux Noël!

Not a fan of them(Bills/Ravens), but I like a team being proud of where they come from and not trying to hide, haha

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived