MNtwins3

Pro teams in need of a rebrand

What is the burgundy/yellow/burgundy? I don't remember seeing that.

What they're wearing now, unless you're just being difficult because I said yellow instead of gold. I shouldn't have left off the helmet, I suppose that'd make it burgundy/burgundy/yellow/burgundy.

Ah, thanks. I was thinking helmet/jersey/pants which is why I was confused. Didn't remember a yellow or gold jersey. Makes sense now.

i'll just stick to football

Baltimore Ravens - the name is great and the color can stay purple, black, and gold but i would like to see them use a unique gold like "old gold". everything else needs a lot of work. i would go in a completely different direction than a Raven head for a logo

Washington - obviously

Carolina Panthers - the logo is embarrassingly bad, the wordmark average, and the uniform stripes are dated; they dont work well on modern templates. i'd like to see them move to a black helmet and play that up a bit more to separate themselves from the Lions.

Jacksonville Jaguars - i'd keep the color palette, name, and change everything else dramatically. it's just ugly

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - keep name and colors, but go back to the previous pewter, or something close to it. the large helmet logo works great but the logo itself is weak. i wont even speak of the uniforms

Miami Dolphins - beautiful colors and thats it. i'd even consider changing the team name. football is a game played by very large grown men that try to destroy each other every play. a dolphin is a weak mascot

KC Chiefs - im going to go ahead and say it, i dont like the fan culture a Native American mascot breeds. people in war bonnets and doing the tomahawk chop and singing the war chant. it's worse than the Washington name.

there are other teams where i would change a color, a logo, or uniform but wouldn't say they need to be "re-branded".

Dolphins are pretty Bad@$$ animals.. sharks are afraid of them.. just because they're nice to humans and we equate them with flipper doesn't make them weak..

i'll just stick to football

Baltimore Ravens - the name is great and the color can stay purple, black, and gold but i would like to see them use a unique gold like "old gold". everything else needs a lot of work. i would go in a completely different direction than a Raven head for a logo

Washington - obviously

Carolina Panthers - the logo is embarrassingly bad, the wordmark average, and the uniform stripes are dated; they dont work well on modern templates. i'd like to see them move to a black helmet and play that up a bit more to separate themselves from the Lions.

Jacksonville Jaguars - i'd keep the color palette, name, and change everything else dramatically. it's just ugly

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - keep name and colors, but go back to the previous pewter, or something close to it. the large helmet logo works great but the logo itself is weak. i wont even speak of the uniforms

Miami Dolphins - beautiful colors and thats it. i'd even consider changing the team name. football is a game played by very large grown men that try to destroy each other every play. a dolphin is a weak mascot

KC Chiefs - im going to go ahead and say it, i dont like the fan culture a Native American mascot breeds. people in war bonnets and doing the tomahawk chop and singing the war chant. it's worse than the Washington name.

there are other teams where i would change a color, a logo, or uniform but wouldn't say they need to be "re-branded".

Dolphins are pretty Bad@$$ animals.. sharks are afraid of them.. just because they're nice to humans and we equate them with flipper doesn't make them weak..

Dolphins is a great name, also consider that dolphins are really, really smart. That being said, squish the fish and go Bills!

Cowboys, Titans, Patriots, Panthers, Chargers should go back to powder blue. I honestly love the bucs rebrand except for the font and 'bucs' on the sleeve.

There can't be that many teams wearing it. I say panthers get a blue jersey but with current color, Pats navy resemble American flag more (their unis need the upgrade) Titans need something done for sure, Cowboys can't change anything without a riot, and I agree on the Chargers.
I meant the Chargers should go back to powder blue not all of those teams.

Islanders, Browns, and almost all NBA Basketball teams.

NHL

Islanders: It was pretty lazy of them to revert to the throwback uniforms that look...okay IMO. Going to Brooklyn is a new chapter, and they should try to modernize a bit.

Flames: Not a fan of the black in these uni's. Take the black out but that doesn't mean just go back to their old uniforms.

Canucks: A logo should represent the teams name. So, considering they're not called the Vancouver Ocras, it should change to Johnny Canuck in front of a V logo. That would look nice.

Hurricanes: The Canes seemed to forget that they are not team Canada, ad should not have uniforms reflecting that. What they lost in their rebrand was the "stormy" look. How about an improved Hurricane logo that does not resemble a flushing toilet on an intimidating dark grey jersey.

Panthers and Coyotes: Must change and move to Quebec and Seattle.

Penguins: Please do not revert to the old time Bruins look. I actually think the "vegas gold" is a nice look. They just need better striping.

Wild: There is alot of confusion here. The away jerseys are awesome, so I think all they need is an accompanying green home set. Also, ditch the beloved alternates for a red set, they need to realize they're not in the Winter Classic.

Devils: This classic look may actually need a change. It should be a more hellish feel when playing the Devils (more pitchforks). Also, a black alternate wouldn't be the worst idea.

NFL

Patriots: One of the most iconic teams in sports should not have a weird looking 90's logo.

Giants: Need to make up their mind and incorporate both of their colors in to both of their uniforms.

Titans: Change to the sword logo and get sleeker jerseys.

Chargers: Definitely need to change to the powder blue.

Raiders and/or Rams: If it's the Raiders, change not one thing. If it's the Rams, overhaul

Jaguars: Say hello to the London Monarchs

Cowboys: Why are the white uniforms trimmed in royal blue? Maybe it's time to wear blue at home

Broncos: Replace the navy with a sky blue, that would look nice. And maybe a new logo incorporating the Rocky Mountains.

Redskins: This name needs to be changed, no question. Can't decide whether they should be the Hogs or Warriors.

Browns: Get an actual logo, and a modern look with not too much orange.

NBA

Wizards: Okay, what on earth is going on here. The problem is the clash between the awesome Bullets look and the horrendous Wizards name. The name needs a change the uniforms do not.

Raptors: The red and black is very uninspired. So Drake is changing it to a new simplistic look, which looks rather weird IMO.

MLB

Orioles: I just can't do the cartoon bird. Other than that everything looks fantastic.

Angels: Change the silver to gold, add wings to the primary, and you're set.

Twins: Why the gold? Just why? They're a team that should actually use pinstripes.

Phillies: It boggles my mind that more teams in sports do not use the burgundy and sky blue combo. Phillies need to use this again.

Indians: Changing the name is the first step. Same thing with the Redskins, it just sounds quite racist. I'd like to see more red once they get a new name. How about the Cleveland Tribe?

How could I forget?

Jets: Could you please use an actual Jet in the logo?

Eagles: Different green, but not quite kelly green, more of a forest green. Also, change to a logo hat's not so goofy looking.

Panthers: Black matte helmets would be absolutely sick.

In terms of looks that actually bother me and cause physical nausea, the Jags and Bucs need to go.

I actually like the new Dolphins logo, so the entire state of Florida isn't a throwaway, but the other two look heinous. Hate the gradient Jag helmet and I literally hate everything about Tampa Bay's current look.

Warren Sapp is rolling over in his gravy.

NHL

Islanders: It was pretty lazy of them to revert to the throwback uniforms that look...okay IMO. Going to Brooklyn is a new chapter, and they should try to modernize a bit.

Flames: Not a fan of the black in these uni's. Take the black out but that doesn't mean just go back to their old uniforms.

Canucks: A logo should represent the teams name. So, considering they're not called the Vancouver Ocras, it should change to Johnny Canuck in front of a V logo. That would look nice.

Hurricanes: The Canes seemed to forget that they are not team Canada, ad should not have uniforms reflecting that. What they lost in their rebrand was the "stormy" look. How about an improved Hurricane logo that does not resemble a flushing toilet on an intimidating dark grey jersey.

Penguins: Please do not revert to the old time Bruins look. I actually think the "vegas gold" is a nice look. They just need better striping.

Wild: There is alot of confusion here. The away jerseys are awesome, so I think all they need is an accompanying green home set. Also, ditch the beloved alternates for a red set, they need to realize they're not in the Winter Classic.

Devils: This classic look may actually need a change. It should be a more hellish feel when playing the Devils (more pitchforks). Also, a black alternate wouldn't be the worst idea.

NFL

Patriots: One of the most iconic teams in sports should not have a weird looking 90's logo.

Giants: Need to make up their mind and incorporate both of their colors in to both of their uniforms.

Raiders and/or Rams: If it's the Raiders, change not one thing. If it's the Rams, overhaul

Cowboys: Why are the white uniforms trimmed in royal blue? Maybe it's time to wear blue at home

Broncos: Replace the navy with a sky blue, that would look nice. And maybe a new logo incorporating the Rocky Mountains.

Redskins: This name needs to be changed, no question. Can't decide whether they should be the Hogs or Warriors.

NBA

Wizards: Okay, what on earth is going on here. The problem is the clash between the awesome Bullets look and the horrendous Wizards name. The name needs a change the uniforms do not.

Raptors: The red and black is very uninspired. So Drake is changing it to a new simplistic look, which looks rather weird IMO.

MLB

Orioles: I just can't do the cartoon bird. Other than that everything looks fantastic.

Twins: Why the gold? Just why? They're a team that should actually use pinstripes.

Phillies: It boggles my mind that more teams in sports do not use the burgundy and sky blue combo. Phillies need to use this again.

Indians: Changing the name is the first step. Same thing with the Redskins, it just sounds quite racist. I'd like to see more red once they get a new name. How about the Cleveland Tribe?

You're not going to like this news, but the Pens appear to be leaning towards bringing back the popular 1980s uniform set as the main set. It's about tradition, and visually, that set doesn't really look like the Bruins because of the increased use of yellow. And in reality, Pittsburgh pro hockey teams were wearing black and gold before Boston ever did. The Bruins actually started out in 1924 wearing brown and yellow.

NHL

NFL

NBA

MLB

You're not going to like this news, but the Pens appear to be leaning towards bringing back the popular 1980s uniform set as the main set. It's about tradition, and visually, that set doesn't really look like the Bruins because of the increased use of yellow. And in reality, Pittsburgh pro hockey teams were wearing black and gold before Boston ever did. The Bruins actually started out in 1924 wearing brown and yellow.

Not to mention this little thing called the city flag

%7Boption%7Dhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/Flag_of_Pittsburgh%2C_Pennsylvania.svg/500px-Flag_of_Pittsburgh%2C_Pennsylvania.svg.png/%7Boption%7D

And oh, I Adore the cartoon bird

NHL

NFL

NBA

MLB

I am totally with you on the Canucks. Amen. The team also needs to ditch the cheap Agency font and return to the block font with an added green border. A little green on the collar wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

The achievements that established the New England Patriots as an "iconic" professional sports franchise were accomplished after the team introduced its current logo.

Prior to the introduction of the so-called "Flying Elvis", the Patriots were - to put it bluntly - the proverbial "fifty pounds of stupid in a five-pound bag" for the vast majority of the organization's history. Hell, even the high-water mark of the Patriots' existence up until the new logo was unveiled in 1993 was a trip to Super Bowl XX that resulted in the second-worst beat-down in the 48-year history of the battle for the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Regardless of what you might think of the Patriots' "weird looking" '90s logo, it is the mark indelibly associated with the franchise's greatest success. As a result, it isn't likely to be changed any time soon.

7 super bowl appearances in a 19 year stretch (easily the best run any team has had as far as just making the big game goes) means that logo isn't going anywhere.

This also probably means the uniforms aren't changing any time soon either, which stinks because that uniform is nothing special and actually has quite a few flaws.

I really don't see all the hate for the Patriots logo. The only thing I would agree with is a uniform change (until Brady retires, of course).