Pro teams in need of a rebrand

MNtwins3

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBA:

Only problem I have-

How about the Utah Jazz become the Utah Bobcats (keep the color scheme) and New Orleans Pelicans become the New Orleans Jazz...

MLB:

None really... All the teams look pretty solid. Maybe the Rockies can change a bit.

NFL:

Patriots- Simplify the uniform. Emphasize red more. Get rid of the dumb red piping on the side panels (yes I realize I said emphasize red). Use White instead of silver

Bengals- Get rid of useless white panels on home uniforms. Make all black. Use sublimated Bengal stripes in numbers

Rams- Use throwback uniforms full time.

Dolphins- Bring back the orange uniform

Bills- use a CHROME blue or red facemask

Chargers- I don't necessarily like the bolts on the shoulders

Carolina Hurricanes (hate that logo), Calgary Flames (get rid of black), Cleveland Indians, Columbus Crew (rebrand the rebrand), Washington Redskins, Brooklyn Nets, LA Clippers, OKC Thunder, Utah Jazz...

Crew - Agreed. They should have kept the outer shield and added to it. With the new crest it gets lost.

Indians - They've been rebranding bit by bit. Shortly it won't look anything like they did 5 years ago.

Redskins - Rename themselves Braves and that would get rid of some of their issues. It's strange that they changed in the first place. The logo wasn't even changed.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

NFL

Cardinals: Maybe they just need to start winning more often, but have always been one of the most un-iconic pro teams for me, even though I see them all the time, being in the same division as my team. Right now they seem too much like the Falcons practice team in red/white/black (not to mention the piping and bird logo), and nobody should wear red jerseys and pants at the same time.

Falcons: When their look came out, with Mike Vick repping it on Madden 2004, everyone in my neighborhood (in Southern California!) went crazy for it. But Vick's long gone and they've barely edited the look for the Matt Ryan era. It's long-overdue.

Broncos: It's pretty funny to me that they've still kept the Nike swooshes. Maybe once Manning retires and yet another era of Broncos success ends they can come up with something more Broncos-y.

Jaguars: Why be teal when the Dolphins are in your state, not to mention conference? I want the Jags to be the black and white with gold accents team that they showed glimpses of in the early Fred Taylor years.

Dolphins: More orange. The orange alt jersey from the Ricky Williams years is one of my favorite NFL alts.

Patriots: I'm ok with waiting until Brady retires (and maybe Belichik follows) before they move on from their glory days look, which will hopefully be expedited by the Seahawks beating them in the Super Bowl this season, but yeah, this look is a mess stuck in the past.

Chargers: Powder blue.

Buccaneers: Worst rebrand of all time.

Titans: It's easy to forget that red is part of their identity. The logo has always seemed generic to me, and I know that everyone hates their uniforms. I think the U.S. should be allowed to have a double blue team, though.

Washington: Yeah, everything about this team should be nuked, maybe even including the McDonalds colors.

NBA

Hawks: Red, white, and blue makes for such an uninteresting look. There's a reason it comes off as generic, being two of the main primary colors and such a neutral shade. Just look at all the countries who use those colors for their flag. I think the Nique look that everyone wants to come back is too funky for nowadays, but it's the only good thing they've had going for them.

Cavaliers: It's hard to even nail down what their look is. Generic uniforms using wine, yellow, and blue whenever they feel like it?

Mavericks: Once Nowitzki retires I feel like Cuban should finally be able to move on.

Rockets: It's sorta funny to me that they'd keep the Yao unis for so long after his retirement. Are they still selling tons of them in China?

Clippers: I've seen plenty of cool concepts for a post-Sterling Clips identity.

Grizzlies: The double blue and yellow just seems incredibly boring to me. I realize they wanted to move past their Vancouver 90s teal-roots, but in doing so they went from too crazy to too uninteresting.

Bucks: Getting rid of the purple was a good move. So was designing a MECCA-homage floor. Now bring back the Irish rainbow.

Timberwolves: So generic. The colors aren't so much the problem as the uniform designs. Unfortunately (or fittingly) Kevin Love had to play for mediocre teams in mediocre unis, but he's gone so and now they have a couple #1 pick Canadians, so might as well rebrand now (maybe even try to challenge the Raptors for the Canada market...kidding).

Pelicans: I'm sorry, this has the potential to be a really fun look, but even after all this time I can't take a team named the Pelicans seriously.
Thunder: The logo is the biggest thing that needs to change, and I'm actually a fan of the asymmetric alt uni, but a lot can be done to make the standard home and away less bland.

76ers: Bring back the black and gold! I know Iverson's long-gone, but to me this is how the 76ers should always look. Like I said before, red, white, and blue is so generic.

Raptors: But they're already getting one, so we'll see how it goes.

Jazz: If only they didn't have all that Malone-Stockton success, there may have been a chance of fixing the most out of place team name in pro sports.

Wizards: One of the dumbest names for a pro sports team. They get a pass on the red, white, and blue, though, representing our nation's capital and all. The Bullets-inspired uniform changes are definitely the right direction.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Yankees, Red Sox, Canadiens, Bruins, Packers, Steelers, Celtics, Lakers

Can I just ask what you think the Yankees need to change?

Those are all iconic teams, so I suspect: nothing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

MLB:

Marlins - The Orioles and Giants already have black & orange covered. No need for a third team. If anyone else would be black and orange, it should be the Tigers and they're not changing.

Padres - I don't know what they should do. They apparently don't, either. They seem to have been in constant search of an identity since they were created.

NFL:

Jaguars - I hate everything about the current rebrand.

Buccaneers - I hate everything about the current rebrand.

Just personal preference but:

NFL

Bengals: mostly uniform overhaul

Jaguars: oh lordy

Jets: colors are dreary, plus I'd appreciate a jet for a logo

NBA (besides the obvious "every team" answer, because, let's face it, the league as a whole needs a new look throughout)

Clippers: could do so much but they contribute so little to the uniqueness of the league

Thunder: change the "shapes" logo and re-do the colors

Mavericks: ditch the two-tone blue and clean up the logo

MLB (besides changing the majority of teams away from red/blue/black)

Marlins: too many colors and not strong enough a brand

Indians: eh, not getting into a racial debate with it. I just think it's either Chief Wahoo or rebrand...the "C" isn't strong enough to be the primary

Twins: sorry, they just feel like a generic RWB team

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

All about the NHL in this one...

Buffalo Sabres
Time to ditch everything and start fresh. They ruined a perfectly good primary set with pointless additions like front numbers, pit stains and those stupid "Bettman Stripes" that inexplicably end for no reason. Ditch the silver, replace Navy with Royal Blue and maybe come up with a new shoulder patch so it's not a straight throwback. The white road also needs a consistent striping pattern, unlike the "retro" version.

Calgary Flames
Its unfortunate that all three of their jerseys look awful in spite having some of the leagues best logos (not counting the flags, those are not logos). Either go retro full time or simplify the current look to something similar to the pre-edge set. Oh and the "Western" themed yoke on the alternate must be a bad joke. Has this franchise even met with a designer in the last decade?

Carolina Hurricanes
Return to the near perfect cup winning set but keep the new number font. Retain the black alternate.

Colorado Avalanche
Bring back the cup winning look from 2001 with the darker burgundy. No reason for them to wear anything else and it is possible on the edge template... Anaheim's "Mighty" throwback proved it.

Columbus Blue Jackets|
Logos are great, jerseys are embarrassingly bland with the razor thin piping masquerading as stripes. Something bolder would work wonders for the team.

Florida Panthers
Glad the red is back, but did they have to retain that hideous template?

Pittsburgh Penguins

At this point, anything would be an improvement over the primary set. Awful template, dull colours.

Phoenix Coyotes
What used to be a great look got bastardized in the Edge switchover. Bring back the hem stripes or create a hybrid with the inaugural look. Either way the current set is tired and needs to go. Primary logo is solid.

San Jose Sharks
Remove the front numbers, bring back the hem stripes and replace all the orange (excluding the hockey stick) with a matte grey. Updated fin on the shoulders.

One team I rarely, if ever, see mentioned for this sort of thing is the New Orleans Saints. Their color scheme is fine--and bravo for finally settling on one consistent shade of gold--but, overall, their uniforms have gotten kinda stale. For a city with such a rich, colorful history, their team is pretty bland looking, especially when they go with the black pants.

NHL:

Calgary - Keep black but change uniforms.

Carolina - More black and silver.

Anaheim - Simplify, perhaps using original uniform with current colours.

Ottawa/Pittsburgh - Time to ditch the ugly template.

New York Islanders - Return to pre-edge jerseys.

San Jose - How them stripe less uniforms do for you in the playoffs?

NBA:

OKC Thunder - Seriously, how do they still have their original logo?

Sacramento - Their entire look is dated.

NFL:

Tampa Bay - No words needed.

Arizona Cardinals - The template is kinda weird.

Jacksonville - Ditch the two toned helmet and emphasize the teal.

Denver - Their current look is dated and I think it looked better with blue as the primary colour

MLB:

Baltimore - Ditch the cartoon bird.

Miami - Weird looking logo and colour combo

CFL:

Edmonton - Nothing looks good and probably time to get rid of the black.

Saskatchewan - Ugly, weird template.

NFL

Patriots

Bengals

Titans

Falcons

Panthers

Cardinals

MLB

Rays

Indians

Mariners