Pro teams in need of a rebrand

damnyoutuesday

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the "NY" logo is better. The current logo looks like a bit of a jumbled mess from afar.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't want to see them try to create a "modern" jet logo, lest they need to update it every couple years to keep current with the latest DoD boondoggle. If they are to change their helmet logo, they already have the perfect replacement in their set:

6529373231_174659f28d_o.jpg

Simple, distinctive, classic and referencing their history. That's only a couple years of use from being iconic.

I've long thought this would make the best helmet for the Jets. Logo is already being used by the team around the stadium so not even really new. Iconic and easy to make out. Wonderful. And I agree with many others here that kelly green would be better but I do prefer the white helmet.

Only hesitation may be it's too similar to the concept used by the Giants?

giants%2Bhelmet.jpg

I don't think so...it's less similar than Mets/Yankees. Given the colors upper/lower case, in an oval vs. not in an oval, I don't think it's a problem.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Worst City/Name offenders in the NFL

1. 49ers
Santa Clara to:
- San Francisco 38 miles
- Oakland 33 miles
- San Jose 5 miles

The name could still be considered technically correct, because they could just choose to say that the 49ers are named after the SF Bay Area (in which Santa Clara is part of) and not specifically the city of San Francisco. I know it would technically be a lie, but it's a way for them to avoid the whole name offender thing. :)

Still, it's crazy to know that they could just be Oakland's 2nd team, considering how close they are to Oakland.

The Cleveland Cavaliers (as well as a WHA team and Cleveland's lone foray into the NHL) once played halfway between Cleveland and Akron (21 miles out), so a SF team in Santa Clara isn't much crazier.

6529373231_174659f28d_o.jpg

giants%2Bhelmet.jpg

I don't think so...it's less similar than Mets/Yankees. Given the colors upper/lower case, in an oval vs. not in an oval, I don't think it's a problem.
I agree. I think they're plenty distinct from each other.

Worst City/Name offenders in the NFL

1. 49ers
Santa Clara to:
- San Francisco 38 miles
- Oakland 33 miles
- San Jose 5 miles

The name could still be considered technically correct, because they could just choose to say that the 49ers are named after the SF Bay Area (in which Santa Clara is part of) and not specifically the city of San Francisco. I know it would technically be a lie, but it's a way for them to avoid the whole name offender thing. :)

Still, it's crazy to know that they could just be Oakland's 2nd team, considering how close they are to Oakland.

The Cleveland Cavaliers (as well as a WHA team and Cleveland's lone foray into the NHL) once played halfway between Cleveland and Akron (21 miles out), so a SF team in Santa Clara isn't much crazier.

Maybe it's just me but 38 miles seems pretty substantial compared to 21 (almost double). Add to it that you have 2 other major cities closer to Santa Clara than SF and that's where the real oddity comes in. I understand why they didn't change the name but I'd put it on par with the LA Angels of Anaheim situation for a disconnect.

I'll just do NFL because I'm lazy.

AFC

Patriots: The Flying Elvis is basically iconic at this point and changing it would be tough for my insufferable Pats fan neighbors to deal with. Go back to a red jersey and use white pants and white helmet.

Dolphins: Pencil me in for more orange. I don't mind the new logo.

NY Jets: I like the nod to the AFL-style uniforms but I would ditch the monochrome green setup they use sometimes. I love Buc's concept.

Bills: I don't feel strongly either way.

Bengals: Start over

Browns: I like the simplicity but I'm curious what the 2015 overhaul is gonna bring.

Steelers: Been saying it for years. Go back to the varsity-style numbers. I'm also a fan of the logo on both sides of the helmet. Sorry, yinzers.

Ravens: They never seemed to get the helmet logo right. I didn't like the shield-style one and I'm not a big fan of the current one. The rest of the uni is fine. I like their all-black alts they use in some games. Some bits of purple trim or stripes might make it look better.

Colts: Simple and clean.

Jags: Matte all-black helmet could save this setup.

Texans: I'd like to see the "Victory Red" alts come back. I always thought the steer head / lone star flag logo was kinda too big. I'd be open to a different helmet logo, maybe a modified version of the old Dallas Texans logos with the state and the little star locating Houston.

Titans: The uniform numbers look dated and I'd like the sword to become the primary. The flaming "T" screams Arena League to me.

Chiefs: Perfect, just quit using the all-red combo.

Chargers: Powder Blue forever.

Broncos: Glad they switched to orange as the primary home and I prefer the navy helmet over the blue of the 80s. I'd like to see the modern "D" alternate logo become the helmet logo. Lose the swoosh.

Raiders: Classic. Although I've seen some awesome primary logo concepts on here switched to more of a skull design that I think would make a badass update.

NFC

Giants: Solid.

Iggles: Ditch the black set. I liked the midnight green originally but it's kinda over. Kelly green with the current logos and numbering might look good.

Cowboys: I know they're stitched but the numbers have always look silk-screened to me. Switch to one silver pair of pants for both sets and consider, for a moment, a version of the Double-Star jerseys from 94.

Redskins: We won't get the argument started again. It's probably time to change this. I like the colors, and I'm a huge fan of the throwbacks they use with the burgundy jerseys, dark gold numbers, old gold pants and leather-look helmet. All of that (minus the helmet) would be a great primary set. Switch to the old spear logo on a burgundy helmet, call them the Warriors and you've got it.

Bears/Packers: They're fine. Leave them alone.

Lions: Get rid of black. Honolulu Blue facemasks. Not a huge fan of the numbers either.

Vikings: I like the new helmet with the matte purple look. The number font is weird. I think it could be tweaked slightly and I'd be ok with it. Kinda want to see white/gray facemasks come back but that's the old man in my head talking.

Falcons: The fauxback they have with the red helmet with old logo / black jersey / white pants is beautiful and should be their primary. Make a white version for the road and you're set. You might have to make some color adjustments to the modern logo so it didn't have too much red on the helmet but I love that set.

Saints: The black jersey/pants combo with the gold numbers looks dull. Black jersey gold pants. I also would like to see a modern take on the 80s tops with the white numbers trimmed in gold. I'd like the white set to go back to the 60s with the gold numbers trimmed in black.

Panthers: Carolina blue primary.

Bucs: This is a catastrophe. Go back to the previous generation unis. Keep the bigger "all-over" flag helmet design if you want but everything else is worse than the previous set.

49ers: I'm going to admit my homer bias here and say they don't need much. Fix the sleeve stripes and it's pretty spot on.

Rams: GO BACK TO OLD GOLD AND BLUE IMMEDIATELY. Dull uniforms in a dull stadium. Fix it.

Cardinals: I like the "meaner" cardinal they introduced a few years back but have never been a fan of the uniforms. One of the few teams that have a black alternate I like. I don't have any quick fixes for them.

Seahawks: I love the white set. Number font needs to be re-evaluated on both. Hate the "watermark" inside the numbers on the home jersey and the same crap in the middle of the helmet.

mainescarf.png

Atlanta Falcons

Arizona Cardinals

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Philadelphia Eagles

Tampa Bay Bucs

Tennessee Titans

Atlanta Hawks

Cleveland Cavaliers

Dallas Mavericks

Detroit Pistons

Houston Rockets

Memphis Grizzlies

Milwaukee Bucks

Minnesota Timberwolves

New Orleans Pelicans

Oklahoma City Thunder

Philadelphia 76ers

Utah Jazz

Washington Wizards

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Nah, not feeling it. That seems to fall into the trap of too-modern, too-easily-outdated plane.

I like it, actually. I don't think it will look outdated... the F-16 still looks modern 40 years later. The logo has that F-22/F-35 vibe, which should be relevant for a long time. The name Jets was specifically chosen to be modern, so possibly tweaking the logo in 30 years doesn't bother me. What if we come up with something better than jet propulsion in the future? Rebrand the whole thing now, just to be safe.

Commercial jets are large, slow, and not very maneuverable. A fighter jet is sleek, fast, versitile, and aggressive. If they must go with the image of a jet (which I don't think they need to do, the oval NY is perfect) then going with a fighter jet is the way to go.

Archived