WCHA Jersey Re-Design (Bemidji State added)

T-ROY

I've never really payed much attention to the WCHA in any way, so I decided, "Hey, why not check out their jerseys."

I wasn't necessarily impressed or disheartened, so I decided to take this project upon myself.

I've done 5 teams up to this point, but I want to take this steadily. So I wont be posting the next set until I think the one before has gotten enough appreciation/dislike. If this series gets enough attention I might move on to the other Div 1 leagues.

Alabama-Huntsville Chargers

Alaska Nanooks

Alaska Anchorage Seawolves

Bemidji State Beavers

Bowling Green Falcons

Ferris State Bulldogs

Lake Superior State Lakers

Michigan Tech Huskies

Minnesota State Mavericks

Northern Michigan Wildcats

Alaska Anchorage Seawolves

ZMxk6Si.png

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Beautiful. Looking forward to the others?

Also, what program do you use?

I am looking forward to the others. LOL (I know this wasn't a question)

I use Paint.NET. I've always tried moving over Photoshop, but I've never quite gotten the feel for it.

I'll post Michigan Tech in about an hour.

I love those Anchorage jerseys. A green alt would be nice to see. I like the Tech jerseys too, if it was me, I would switch both the logos to the other jersey.

Looking forward to the rest of the WCHA, I would love to see what you can do for Michigan and the rest of the B1G.

110ehrk.jpg33k6vxf.jpg

Love me some College Hockey!

Honestly though, I feel like these are kinda a step back. U of Anchorage's currents are beautiful now anyway, but the ones you made work as well. The Michigan Tech ones are the worst of the bunch to be honest (no offence, but their ones now are some of the best in College Hockey, and I love them [i know their twitter header used to be a shot of all of them, but they changed it, I would've attached that for reference, but I couldn't find it]). Ferris State isn't that bad, but I just don't really like the black intermixed with the yellow and maroon, and the font doesn't work either. I like Bowling Green, but I think if you put some brown with the gold and orange striping on the white jersey it would pop more.

Also, not all Colleges are sponsored by Nike :P. Quite a few have Reebok jerseys actually.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Love me some College Hockey!

Honestly though, I feel like these are kinda a step back. U of Anchorage's currents are beautiful now anyway, but the ones you made work as well. The Michigan Tech ones are the worst of the bunch to be honest (no offence, but their ones now are some of the best in College Hockey, and I love them [i know their twitter header used to be a shot of all of them, but they changed it, I would've attached that for reference, but I couldn't find it]). Ferris State isn't that bad, but I just don't really like the black intermixed with the yellow and maroon, and the font doesn't work either. I like Bowling Green, but I think if you put some brown with the gold and orange striping on the white jersey it would pop more.

Also, not all Colleges are sponsored by Nike :P. Quite a few have Reebok jerseys actually.

I completely agree with the Anchorage's and Michigan Tech's jerseys comment. I just wanted to somehow incorporate the striping with the logos and making the jerseys look even better than what they are would be quite difficult. I wasn't sure about what font to use for Ferris State and I can see what you mean. A block font probably would have been just fine. Could you clarify what you mean about the striping on Bowling Green's since the white jersey contains brown with the striping. And with the Nike issue, I thought NCAA for hockey was all Nike. That's a big oops on my part. I'll fix the ones I have yet to post.

Thanks for feedback!

Bowling Green's would look a lot better with different logos. You should use the primary logo or a script Bowling Green on the front, and anything but the interlocking BG on the sides. I'd also rather see a total brown out for the road: brown helmet, brown sweater, brown pants, brown socks.

As for the Nike debate, Bowling Green is a Nike school. Ferris is Under Armor, so I'm assuming they wouldn't wear Nike for hockey. I'm not sure about the rest.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Bowling%2BGreen%2BStriping.png

I was thinking something along the lines of this

I'll definitely try this out.

Bowling Green's would look a lot better with different logos. You should use the primary logo or a script Bowling Green on the front, and anything but the interlocking BG on the sides. I'd also rather see a total brown out for the road: brown helmet, brown sweater, brown pants, brown socks.

As for the Nike debate, Bowling Green is a Nike school. Ferris is Under Armor, so I'm assuming they wouldn't wear Nike for hockey. I'm not sure about the rest.

Their primary logo looks too much like a logo to be used for a shoulder patch due to the initials. I know that script for a primary logo for college hockey is the norm, but I've never really liked the look of them. The initials are already like I said very similar to a shoulder patch, which is why I used them.

I'm feeling all of these man, good work. Ferris State reminds me of the Chicago Wolves though, and I'm not a huge fan of the font used, at least not for this team

Every time I use those colors, I always think the same thing. My community center growing up also used those colors on there jersey so for me it's kinda nostalgia I guess.

I'll put up my favorite I've done so far, Bemidji State later tonight.

Archived