Pro teams in same city with same or similar color scheme

martymcfry

Montreal Canadiens, Alouettes and former Expos all red white and blue.

St. Louis Rams and Blues blue and gold

All of Green Bay's major franchises use green and yellow :P (but in all seriousness, even their minor ones use at least green)

New York Mets, Knicks and Islanders all use blue and orange

Charlotte based teams use some sort of teal or turquoise, almost Carolina Blue

Close to the premise, all of St. Louis' teams use colors from the city's flag in various degrees:

stlflag.png

That's a bit of a stretch, and more than likely just coincidence (possible exception of the Blues - especially when they added red - which I still argue looked good.)

My initial thoughts were the Seattle Mariners and Seahawks and the Pittsburgh Pirates and Steelers.

Any others?

You forgot the Penguins.

I wouldn't count the Penguins since their gold is very different from the other teams' yellow.

Close to the premise, all of St. Louis' teams use colors from the city's flag in various degrees:

stlflag.png

That's a bit of a stretch, and more than likely just coincidence (possible exception of the Blues - especially when they added red - which I still argue looked good.)

My initial thoughts were the Seattle Mariners and Seahawks and the Pittsburgh Pirates and Steelers.

Any others?

You forgot the Penguins.

I wouldn't count the Penguins since their gold is very different from the other teams' yellow.

It's the same for argument's sake.

I think Pittsburgh counts in spirit because they wore black and athletic gold for so long. That, and plenty of people want to see them go back to it.

But the question was "teams in the same city that wear the same colors", not "city with teams that wear the same colors". If that was the question then sure, you could include the Penguins.

Edit: I now see he said "similar", so I guess if you consider Vegas gold similar to yellow then they count.

Yeah, I included the Seahawks and Mariners, even though the Seahawks use lime and the Mariners use teal. I think the Penguins should count because the color gold is close enough to yellow.

You forgot the Sounders who also use lime green and blue.

I'm not positive but I had heard rumors that they purposely chose the Seahawk colors (close to them anyway), since they were partly owned by the Seahawks, play in the blue/green clad Seahawks stadium, and could piggyback onto the much larger orders for apparel that the Seahawks purchase.

Funny enough, often over their history, the Sounders had still been green/blue but more kelly green and often light blue.

All of Green Bay's major franchises use green and yellow :P (but in all seriousness, even their minor ones use at least green)

Not quite. The Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) don't use green, but they do use gold (with black). UWGB's official colors are green, white and red, but lately they've gone without a green road uniform in men's basketball and worn black instead.

The other team in town, the Green Bay Bullfrogs (Northwoods League) is predominatnly green, though.

During the Iverson era, Philaelphia was the absolute antithesis of this:

Phillies - Red white blue

Sixers - black white red gold

Eagles - sorta green, black, gray

Flyers - black, orange, white

even the minor teams

Phantoms - purple, black, orange

Wings - silver black red

Kixx - teal, red, black

Archived