International Baseball Association

Blackhawks#9

Hi, I have some gifts! First up, some unseen problems, and how to fix them.

Summer vs. Winter

In the northern hemisphere, where you and me are, and also where most people are, when it's summer, it's winter in the southern hemisphere, so I suggest a season that is approximately the MLB season, and indoor fields in the south.

Low crowds

In small cities, there aren't enough fans to keep the franchise alive, so move some teams, like the Wichita Aeros to, say, Topeka, or the Odessa Oilers to San Antonio, or Dallas?

Names

Oregon Storm, when said the way that people usually do, sounds like Organ Storm, which doen't sound quite like people would want, so the franchise would flop. So I think we should reconsider Portland (ME).

Travel costs

You need lots of fans to support the association. Try having the playoffs (You've gotta have playoffs) all in one place. Then, the costs are high, but not too high. And inter-division play can wait.

I've also got two logo ideas for the Fresno team! But you'll have to work everything else out yourself, because I've got even worse equipment than you. :) You can also make them better, because they aren't too good. All I need is for you to tell me how to add them from my computer because I'm new and the site instructions aren't helping me. Thanks!

Dang... you thought of everything. The indoor stadiums will be necessary in some of the southern locations, but I don't think it will be a big deal in the carribean/central america and northern south america. About team locations- Odessa is near Midland, TX and both are growing pretty fast due to the Oil industry and Wichita isn't a problem as it's the biggest city in Kansas. Organ Storm... lol I didn't really think of that... but Portland Storm sounds pretty good. The thing about Portland, OR is that i'd like to use portland, ME in this. My thought would be Beaverton Storm. Beaverton is relatively small, but since it is pretty close to portland, i'd assume that people from portland would attend games. Another solution for this would be to have the team be Beaverton in name only, and be located in portland. I'm thinking the playoffs would rotate through each region every year, similar to the Olympics, but every year and in order. I have a good idea for Fresno as well, but i'd be open to seeing your ideas.

CottonBowl_zpsf43ff307.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low crowds

In small cities, there aren't enough fans to keep the franchise alive, so move some teams, like the Wichita Aeros to, say, Topeka, or the Odessa Oilers to San Antonio, or Dallas?

Wichita is three times larger than Topeka, so I don't think switching them would be a good idea.

award%20sig.png

Hi, I have some gifts! First up, some unseen problems, and how to fix them.

Summer vs. Winter

In the northern hemisphere, where you and me are, and also where most people are, when it's summer, it's winter in the southern hemisphere, so I suggest a season that is approximately the MLB season, and indoor fields in the south.

Low crowds

Names

Oregon Storm, when said the way that people usually do, sounds like Organ Storm, which doen't sound quite like people would want, so the franchise would flop. So I think we should reconsider Portland (ME).

Travel costs

You need lots of fans to support the association. Try having the playoffs (You've gotta have playoffs) all in one place. Then, the costs are high, but not too high. And inter-division play can wait.

I've also got two logo ideas for the Fresno team! But you'll have to work everything else out yourself, because I've got even worse equipment than you. :) You can also make them better, because they aren't too good. All I need is for you to tell me how to add them from my computer because I'm new and the site instructions aren't helping me. Thanks!

Dang... you thought of everything. The indoor stadiums will be necessary in some of the southern locations, but I don't think it will be a big deal in the carribean/central america and northern south america. About team locations- Odessa is near Midland, TX and both are growing pretty fast due to the Oil industry and Wichita isn't a problem as it's the biggest city in Kansas. Organ Storm... lol I didn't really think of that... but Portland Storm sounds pretty good. The thing about Portland, OR is that i'd like to use portland, ME in this. My thought would be Beaverton Storm. Beaverton is relatively small, but since it is pretty close to portland, i'd assume that people from portland would attend games. Another solution for this would be to have the team be Beaverton in name only, and be located in portland. I'm thinking the playoffs would rotate through each region every year, similar to the Olympics, but every year and in order. I have a good idea for Fresno as well, but i'd be open to seeing your ideas.

I'm still wondering how in the heck do I post it???? But If you have an idea, then why don't you just use it? It's your league.

9tDPlnT.png

pSIx9so.png

2lx6s6o.jpg

Low crowds

Wichita is three times larger than Topeka, so I don't think switching them would be a good idea.

I think what he was getting at was in Topeka you would be able to tap into the Kansas City market better whereas Wichita is pretty much on its own. Nevertheless, I think Wichita is a suitable location for a team in this league. Odessa may be too small though, and I would consider them better off in El Paso or San Antonio. But it's your concept; you do you.

I wouldn't consider weather to be a major factor either. While the seasons would differ between hemispheres, the majority of the landmasses in the Southern Hemisphere are in the tropics and thus have pretty consistent temperatures throughout the season.

I think Buffalo, NY should have a team in this league. Fast-growing city that has always been an untapped baseball market.

As for the whole Portland dilemma, I think that Portland, Oregon should be the team that uses the Portland name. When you say Portland, most people think of Portland, Oregon. The Portland, ME team could be named the "Maine ________," or even the "New England _________." But, this is your league, so it is you who will be making the final decisions. Good luck!

MARKHAM UNITED.png

About Odessa- I'd like to keep them in the league

So, as we stand, the teams are as follows:

Odessa Oilers

Wichita Aeros

Fresno Flames

Portland(OR) Storm

Raleigh Capitals

Orlando

Las Vegas

Buffalo

Still looking for names on the last 3... Also looking for feedback on the Aeros. Should have Fresno up tomorrow sometime.

Low crowds

I think what he was getting at was in Topeka you would be able to tap into the Kansas City market better whereas Wichita is pretty much on its own. Nevertheless, I think Wichita is a suitable location for a team in this league. Odessa may be too small though, and I would consider them better off in El Paso or San Antonio. But it's your concept; you do you.

I wouldn't consider weather to be a major factor either. While the seasons would differ between hemispheres, the majority of the landmasses in the Southern Hemisphere are in the tropics and thus have pretty consistent temperatures throughout the season.

That's what I was thinking! Also, Topeka, because it's the capital, would cater to the whole state, correct?

9tDPlnT.png

pSIx9so.png

2lx6s6o.jpg

So I'm thinking 8 regions: USA, Canada, Central America/Caribbean, Asia, South America, Europe, Australia/Oceania.

But that's only seven. You'll have to split one up.

Forgot to say Africa. I'll edit the post.

I thought it was odd not seeing Africa. Hey, how about Las Vegas Jackpots?

9tDPlnT.png

pSIx9so.png

2lx6s6o.jpg

Love the home alt. for the Aeros, the set is sound too. Fresno looks good, once again home alt. is my favorite. For the names what about Buffalo Stampeders, Orlando Dream, and Las Vegas Jackpots sounds good to me.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Love the home alt. for the Aeros, the set is sound too. Fresno looks good, once again home alt. is my favorite. For the names what about Buffalo Stampeders, Orlando Dream, and Las Vegas Jackpots sounds good to me.

How about Buffalo Stampede? Las Vegas Jackpots sounds awesome and Orlando Dream sounds pretty good too.

How about Buffalo Stampede? Las Vegas Jackpots sounds awesome and Orlando Dream sounds pretty good too.

I've always thought that it would be cool if a Buffalo team took a page out of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim's book and named a team the Stampede of Buffalo. I also think Buffalo Soldiers would be pretty cool.

MARKHAM UNITED.png

I've always thought that it would be cool if a Buffalo team took a page out of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim's book and named a team the Stampede of Buffalo. I also think Buffalo Soldiers would be pretty cool.

Yes! "The Stampede of Buffalo" would be so awesome.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Archived