2015 Under Armour HS All Star Game uniforms

illini1

UA released the uniforms a couple days ago. I'm surprised no one has posted pictures of these yet. They could be the worst uniforms UA has ever made. That's saying a lot since most of their uniforms in every sport look awful. It looks like they tried to copy Virginia Tech's Pro Combat uniforms and failed badly.

hIiAyuA.jpg

rZYZrj4.jpg

5gbwGIk.jpg

a6wGBrU.jpg

YDHDd35.jpg

A lot of people mentioned Tron on twitter when these were announced. I don't think the uniforms are all that bad. The helmets are what make everything look bad. The Tron-like stripes(? Piping?) are pretty interesting. Those helmets are just nuts for the sake of it.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

If these were for a college or pro team, these would be horrendous, but they're not. They're for a high school all star game and will be worn one time by 18 year olds. In that case, I think they're awesome. They're so ridiculous and over the top, and I'm sure all the kids wearing them will love them. Why not go all out for this game?

These are great for their purpose. The kids playing in them will love these- there's really no reason for any negative reactions to them.

It depends on what the context is... did UA go a little wacky because these are kids? Or is this what UA thinks is the best looking design for football teams without the "shackles" of team branding and history?

I found myself looking at the OP again just now... suddenly, I was struck by the humor of seeing "ALL AMERICA" in highlighter green and electric blue. Nothin' says America better than that.

If these were for a college or pro team, these would be horrendous, but they're not. They're for a high school all star game and will be worn one time by 18 year olds. In that case, I think they're awesome. They're so ridiculous and over the top, and I'm sure all the kids wearing them will love them. Why not go all out for this game?

Exactly. I think the font is bad (ironically, this is the one instance where the Bucs' font would be appropriate!) and the socks are absurd, but other than that, eh - why not?

Does anyone wear high tops that are that high? Sheesh - those are like wrestling boots.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Exactly. I think the font is bad (ironically, this is the one instance where the Bucs' font would be appropriate!) and the socks are absurd, but other than that, eh - why not?

Does anyone wear high tops that are that high? Sheesh - those are like wrestling boots.

Yeah they're the cam newton shoes. They're really popular actually. I hear they're really comfortable.

Yeah they're the cam newton shoes. They're really popular actually. I hear they're really comfortable.

Interesting. I'd've thought they wouldn't be allowed in NFL because they'd take up most of the required white-sock area (not that it's enforced much these days.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived