College Football Playoff Concepts

dmhtfld

I like what you've done with Oregon and Florida St. Maybe give the 'Noles a gold lid with the aways. Reworking OSU is a good idea based on suggestions. For me, Alabama's numbers just don't work...particularly on the home jersey. I understand wanting to work in the houndstooth, but maybe you can take a different approach.

gYH2mW9.png

I can get on board with all of these except Ohio State. For the others the designs fit the team. For Ohio State that's not the case. Maybe going with grey Northwestern stripes on the red jerseys and red stripes on the whites would work better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Alabama: I like the use of the elephant print, but the numbers on the home set and helmet don't stand out enough. A white stroke would solve this (and creates consistency with the road numbers, which have a stroke).

FSU: Kind of seems like change for change sake, which is understandable since they use the Seminole pattern already. If you stick with the garnet helmet, I'd lose the gold facemask. It just doesn't look good IMO. Maybe adding some more black would help differentiate these from their regular set.

Oregon: Love the new wing pattern and the yellow socks/shoes on the home set.

Ohio State: Nothing about these really screams "Ohio State", but I really like the design. Maybe adding the striping pattern to the bottom of the sleeves would help, since OSU has always had sleeve stripes. Also, on the home set the Nike swoosh is on the sleeves instead of the chest.

Your OSU stripe needs inverting. It is kind of a secondary mark on its own right. It should be scarlet in the center, then white with black strokes on the outside. Other than that, I LOVE the template and your out of the box thinking.

Archived