PaperThin's NBA Redesign 7/30 (Philadelphia 76ers)

PaperThin

Since I have a lot of time on my hands, I decided that I'd redesign the NBA. The only thing I'm not gonna do is use sleeved jerseys, since most of us can agree they aren't very good looking. Each team will get at least three uniforms. The template is made by tbdaniel15. Anyway, let's get to the concepts.

Brooklyn Nets

The first thing I did was change black to navy blue, just because black and white is way more bland. Since the Nets use the shield in the primary logo and a few alternate logos, I got the idea to put the numbers on the front in a shield. For the alternate, I decided throw red in, a nod to the New Jersey Nets.

lchZppt.png

PaxCrgU.png

ZRx2b5l.png

I will try to put out a concept every day. C+C is welcome!

u3J7jjd.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good start... BUT panels are too big and bland. IMO if you're keeping them, either do just one side or put something in it (like the argyle the nets used) but if you took that route I'd change it back to black and white so it's not so New Jersey Netsish (or slim it down a little and put the herringbone pattern in it). I do like that you incorporated the badge though. Overal 7/10. The alt resembles pelicans too much

GO NETS.

You should try to do one based off of the gray alt the nets used to use for your nod to the NJN via the 3rd jersey.

I had thought about it, but when I think about the New Jersey Nets, I think about the home and away jersey, not really the grey alternate.

Good start... BUT panels are too big and bland. IMO if you're keeping them, either do just one side or put something in it (like the argyle the nets used) but if you took that route I'd change it back to black and white so it's not so New Jersey Netsish (or slim it down a little and put the herringbone pattern in it). I do like that you incorporated the badge though. Overal 7/10. The alt resembles pelicans too much

I will work on it and get it done by tomorrow. I'm quite new to designing basketball uniforms and I don't watch much of it, so I'm quite fuzzy on looks good and what doesn't.

u3J7jjd.png

Still updating the Nets, but finished the Cavaliers so here's the Cavs.

Cleveland Cavaliers

These uniforms were inspire obviously by the uniform that the Cavs had back in 90s, but with their current color scheme. The wordmark also is the wordmark from 2005/06 to 2009/10 to make the whole uniform look better.

kC0VClO.png

W2ufflt.png

vQKLGOb.png

u3J7jjd.png

Brooklyn Nets - While the simplistic design works well for them, I think the side paneling and color scheme on the alternate can be improved on. I don't mean radical changes, but the side paneling could use some character (thin it out, make it asymmetrical, add an argyle pattern or herringbone texture, etc.) and the alternates are a bit overbearing with all of the red (gray would preserve the simplicity without being as visually abrasive as the red).

Cleveland Cavaliers - These are excellent. Between the updated design from their 1990s uniforms, the wordmarks from the 2000s, and the current color scheme with a touch of navy, I can't think of anything that could significantly improve these uniforms. Well done, I'll be looking forward to what else you have in the works.

I also have a design question for you: how do you make the color stripes like the ones on the Cavs uniforms? It's a tight space to work in and I can't seem to find a way to keep the lines centered/aligned well within it. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I also have a design question for you: how do you make the color stripes like the ones on the Cavs uniforms? It's a tight space to work in and I can't seem to find a way to keep the lines centered/aligned well within it. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I traced the stripe from the Cavs uniform from the 90s, then modified so that fit onto the template.

u3J7jjd.png

I have decided to not update the Brooklyn Nets, but I most likely will in the future. As for right now, here are the Sacramento Kings.

Sacramento Kings

I decided to use the Kings wordmark from the alternate, since it looks ten times better than the home and away's wordmark. I decided to also change silver with gold, since they're the Kings and to make it from looking bland. The panel represents a banner, which were often used during the medieval times. Finally, I added a light blue throwback from the 1985/86 to 1989/90 seasons.

abU8l5L.png

D8Iw1qQ.png

txSATXw.png

u3J7jjd.png

I don't like how "Kings" is underlined in gold while the number is outlined in black on the home. The away doesn't bother me as much, however, it looks weird when the two wordmark colors don't match the numbers. Other than that, I think it's a good look for the Kings.

Updated the Kings in that post.

u3J7jjd.png

I'd really enjoy it if there was more C+C, because that's what really pushing me to finish this. But right now, here's the Houston Rockets.

Houston Rockets

I went back to the old red and yellow color scheme. I also used the 72/73 to 94/95 Rockets wordmark, because I really think it gives off a rocket vibe. The side panel represent the exhaust fumes from a rocket heading into space. Enjoy!

IeC188L.png

LT7TYID.png

F1R6EzJ.png

u3J7jjd.png

Archived