World Ice Hockey Federation - Slovan Bratislava

raysox

Yeah, i get that. That's just what their crest is, and the 3 lions doesn't really exist in hockey. I'll update it maybe.

Finland
As I mentioned before, I had a plan for Finland. Their blue is on the verge of royal, and light. To add a bit of color, I went straight light blue. Paired with navy, I thought it was really unique in the hockey world. The crest is a modified version of their coat of arms, geared toward tying it all together.

Finland.png

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany
For Germany, I thought they could really stand out with a mix of black and white. I went all black on the home, because that's just their look. Red and yellow would stand out on it. I used a different template to use chevrons on the chest and sleeves. Think of this like a 80s Canucks jersey modernized. The white was chosen because red and yellow would be hard on the eyes. The black borders the jersey, and the chevron colors are rearranged to match the flag. The crest logo is a traditional german bird behind a D for Deutschland.

Germany.png

Latvia
Latvia has such a unique color scheme, that's the best part of them. This is the first appearance of a jersey cut I made with a big shoulder yoke. I felt like maybe in the future it'll make sense, as nontraditional as it looks. But this one is pretty basic, a crest based on their coat of arms, and a maroon and white jersey that are opposites of each other. Originally the name plate matched the yoke, but I switched it to the jersey color after protests by Dylan.

Latvia.png

I love the Heraldic crest that Germany has on this concept, and I love super-modern Latvia.

The protest was that the namebar bled into the yoke and either way it was colored it would mess with the shape of the yoke. You Jagaloon

I need to put that word into my vocabulary

That's what- She

Norway
Norway's is really simple and sleek. Once again, I returned to the first Leafs edge jerseys without a hem. Norway in Norse goes diagonally across the chest, much like last year's Olympic set. The striping is inspired by their flag, which features a cross of blue with a white outline on a red field. Pretty simple, but I personally love how sleek this ended up.

Norway.png

Norways script looks too 80s

I like germany and Latvia a lot, mostly because I made a concept a while ago thats similar to the germany one, and the latvia concept just makes sense. The whole threads pretty good in all!

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Thanks for the comments you guys.

Russia
This may be one of the biggest difference from the current set. I love what Russia's soccer team is doing. Their jersey is maroon and gold. To add some color to the whole Olympics, I carried that over with the classic red of the Russians. I used a modern two-headed bird, put a flag on it, and the name above that. I really went for regal on this concept and do something different.

Russia.png

Not a hockey fan so I haven't clicked through this thread until now. I forgot that even though I'm not a hockey fan I'm a big raysox fan. All good stuff and your concepts are always fun to read through, Norway and Germany being two of my favorites of your recent posts. Norway does look super slick.

Archived