World Ice Hockey Federation - Slovan Bratislava

raysox

Make an Australian league

Does Australia have a professional ice hockey league? Are they any good?

Yeah they do, the AIHL. It's not the best but it is becoming more and more popular and the standard is sky rocketing.

Make an Australian league

Does Australia have a professional ice hockey league? Are they any good?
Yeah they do, the AIHL. It's not the best but it is becoming more and more popular and the standard is sky rocketing.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will the leagues that make up the super 10 and tier 2 cup stay in those respective tournaments or will the league with the champion be promoted to the super 10 and the league with the last place team in the super 10 be relegated to the tier 2 cup every year?

That doesn't make much sense, because hypothetically the AHL could jump up and knock the German league down to make it 2 German leagues in tier 2. Think of it like this, the NASL is indipendent of the MLS, like the AHL and NHL would be. But the best leagues have promotion/relegation, like Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 in France, or in this case, the Liiga and Mestis of Finland. But there are leagues like the Indian premier league that are at the highest level of Indian soccer, but sub par with the world.

The 9 leagues are grouped cause they're the best. On paper, the best team in Tier 2 would get thrashed by Super 10 teams.

that would make sense. I was just curious to see if that would make sense in the long run. also, which leagues would combine to create the nedbelux liga because I couldn't find anything on it.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

will the leagues that make up the super 10 and tier 2 cup stay in those respective tournaments or will the league with the champion be promoted to the super 10 and the league with the last place team in the super 10 be relegated to the tier 2 cup every year?

That doesn't make much sense, because hypothetically the AHL could jump up and knock the German league down to make it 2 German leagues in tier 2. Think of it like this, the NASL is indipendent of the MLS, like the AHL and NHL would be. But the best leagues have promotion/relegation, like Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 in France, or in this case, the Liiga and Mestis of Finland. But there are leagues like the Indian premier league that are at the highest level of Indian soccer, but sub par with the world.

The 9 leagues are grouped cause they're the best. On paper, the best team in Tier 2 would get thrashed by Super 10 teams.

that would make sense. I was just curious to see if that would make sense in the long run. also, which leagues would combine to create the nedbelux liga because I couldn't find anything on it.

Combination of the NEtherlanDs, BELgium, LUXembourg. Getting my post together now, hopefully it'll clear up things.

Leagues

The gap between leagues of the world is enough to see a visible gap in style and skill of play. Taylor and Alexander decided this gap is where they would draw the line in their Super 10 pitch. In order to keep the Super 10 even and competitive, the 9 best leagues were grouped.

The first order of business was to make non-Russian KHL teams that defected from their own league to go back. The KHL was strong enough, and Jokerit, Slovan Bratislava, and Medvescak Zagreb would help boost their domestic leagues. The first choice were the 3 best leagues in the world, the NHL, KHL, and Canadian Dominion Cup. Sweden's SHL, and Finland's Liiga soon followed. There were spaces for 4 more leagues to fill the remaining holes. The Slovak and Czech Extraliga made the jump to the top tier. The German DEL was chosen as the 8th league. It came down to the Swiss and Austrian leagues. Both leagues were about even, and considred the 9th and 10th best leagues in the world. The commissioners of the leagues decided to merge the two, since together they fit under the 24 team maximum. They secured Zagreb to play in their league, and in addition to Olimpija Ljubljana made the geography of the league stretch the Alps, and renamed the league the AlpenLiga

Then, the matter of settling Tier 2. These leagues didn't sell out 20,000 seat arenas, they were about player and hockey development. The 20 leagues would have a wider gap from top to bottom than tier 1, but still remain competitive. The 2nd tier was unique, there were 3 kind of leagues. First was the minor league, hiding under the shadow of the top tier league of the same country with the intention of growing top players. The AHL continues to have this tie with the NHL. Second was the promotion league. Much like soccer, some leagues chose the tradition of the worst teams moving down from the top tier, and the best teams moving up. The best team from Liiga 2 in Finland would move up to the top Liiga. For the AlpenLiga, a promotion playoffs would occur, with the 2nd tier of Switzerland and Austria attempting to knock off the worst teams of the AlpenLiga. The resulting relegations would be sorted into the correct tier 2 league accordingly. The third form was the top tier of non top tier countries. Examples of this are the British Elite Ice Hockey league, and Serie A in Italy. Taylor and Alexander stressed that these stand alone leagues could compete in tier 1 if they're deemed good enough. Ideally, the leagues would grow, the best players would be picked off by top tier teams, and the return investment helps the teams grow.

The leagues not associated with these tiers were all together but wouldn't face eachother. The best team in the ECHL, or Australian league wouldn't have the resources to travel to Europe. Promotion to the 2nd tier is possible, for both leagues and teams through performance.

Taylor wanted a common logo thread between the tier's leagues. A two color black and white logo in a shape that would immediately tell you what tier they were in. They can be seen below.

Super10b.png

Kontinental Hockey League, National Hockey League, Swedish Hockey League, Slovak Extraliga, Canadian Dominion Cup, Deutschland Eishockey Liga, Liiga(FIN), Czech Extraliga, AlpenLiga

Tier2b.png

American Hockey League, Canadian Hockey Leagues, Junior Hockey League (RUS), HockeyAllsvenskan (SWE), Liiga 2 (FIN), 2nd Bundesliga (GER), Czech 1. Liga, Slovak 1. Liga, National League B (SUI), Austrian National League, Elite Ice Hockey League (GB), GET-Ligaen (NOR), Ligue Magnus (FRA), Metal Ligaen (DEN), Serie A (ITA), Belarusian Extraleague, Polska Liga (POL), MOL Liga (HUN/ROM), BeNeLux League, Asian Ice Hockey League

The teams started preseason. This is the majority of the team's only opportunity to play teams from different countries. The Lightning and Flyers barnstormed Europe for 2 weeks, playing in places like Munich, Budapest, and Sochi. Several upsets occurred, making people question the tiers, but overall the best games were between same tier teams in different countries. The teams came home, and started the regular season, setting channel records for the NHL network's round the clock coverage on the first day of league play October 1st.

-----------------------

The league logos are a mix of current, country coat of arms, and sponsor logos. The logos appear on the collar of all the uniforms.

I have to echo Sparky's comments on the league logos RaySox. Those B&W logos are a thing of beauty. They are clean, to the point and will not take away from the team indentities at all.

One thing I did notice was in the Super 10, you didn't put the Canadian Dominion Cup in the description between Slovak Extraliga and Deutschland Eishockey Liga as it is layed out in the league logos.

Can't wait for the concept series to be fully rolled out!

There's Latvian teams in the KHL. Don't worry, right now Dylan is working on some jerseys for the outdoor games then we will be posting again.

And again not correct. Yes, there is one Latvian team in the KHL (Dinamo Riga), but there is separate national championship going on. If you put Belarus league in, then where is the difference? One Belarus team also is playing in KHL (Dinamo Minsk), but still they are in your league separately. :) Have to think over again. :)

There's Latvian teams in the KHL. Don't worry, right now Dylan is working on some jerseys for the outdoor games then we will be posting again.

And again not correct. Yes, there is one Latvian team in the KHL (Dinamo Riga), but there is separate national championship going on. If you put Belarus league in, then where is the difference? One Belarus team also is playing in KHL (Dinamo Minsk), but still they are in your league separately. :) Have to think over again. :)

Got an idea, there is a Latvian team in the Russian minor league but I'll do something for you.

Combination of the NEtherlanDs, BELgium, LUXembourg. Getting my post together now, hopefully it'll clear up things.

Heads up: Those three countries are usually stylised as BENELUX rather than NEDBELUX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelux

It's your concept series however, so you can go with whatever you like. You may well have already made this decision but I am posting just in case.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Perhaps for the NHL division, you could use whatever teams have the best financial stability.

Also, I think if the option was given to use the trapazoid, almost all European teams would refuse to use it.

3aKTw5y.png

Favorite teams: Dynamo Moscow, Detroit Red Wings, Jokerit, Manchester United, Kitchener Rangers

Okay some house keeping. The leagues are set, and it really donesn't matter. We're doing 1 team from each, and that's the important thing. So no one worry about the league structure, teams, or countries involved. I was gonna update some, but like, it just doesn't matter in the final project. Same with the trapezoid rule, I just said it in the story, which itself is really far fetched. I did change it to BeNeLux on a different thing, but not on what I copied and pasted into the post above, that's why their logo goes BNL.

Now, I'm waiting on Dylan to finish a jersey so we can go ahead and post the World Junior story, and the outdoor games. In the mean time, I made maps that I forgot to post.

tumblr_ni4shoeLpb1qe2dhgo1_1280.png

tumblr_ni4shoeLpb1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

Archived