Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I've gotten to start 2015 is a Detroit Tigers BP cap for $6. There was an Inland Empire 66ers of San Bernardino, Class-A California League hat, but it didn't fit me. (7 1/8 was its size, too small for my head.)

UBwef0L.png

So far, 2015 has been off to a pretty good start. I managed to find a shop where they were selling NHL14 brand new for a great price. I managed to buy it for $30 when the NHL games are usually between $55-$75 brand new depending on where you are and which store you are in.

Back for an update on my Jags "lawsuit logo" thrift collection.

HAUlT3Y.jpg

~Teal Starter hoodie, Goodwill in Oakleaf for $15, crown jewel

~License plate, GW by Beaches for $2, great wall piece

~2 black t-shirts, found at different times at the same thrift in Fruit Cove for $2 each

~Black cap to the left was a serendipitous freebie at a garage sale

~Cap in the middle was an insane christmas gift, great condition, wear it wherever I can because its just too dang cool

ALSO picked up that '98 AFCC champs cap for a buck because its dang cool too, despite the common logo.

Can't wait to keep this going, this stuff is rare as heck!

Well, things are starting to pick up in my thrifting adventures of 2015. @ my local Value Village, there was a road New York Yankees jersey for $6; I tried it on, but it was a bit snug; I am selling it on ebay because of that (I am normally a size L, but the jersey was more in the neighborhood of an adult size S). And then I got myself a Dwight Freeney Colts jersey @ the Goodwill nearby for $14. :)

UBwef0L.png

Good haul for this morning.

kAjxGSu.jpg

A grand find with this 1993 Starter jacket to add to my Jags lawsuit logo collection. Couldn't say no at $20. Surprised that the tag says medium because this thing is gargantuan. Nevertheless, that Adam Perkins was a lucky gent.

aNRHqfV.jpg

Also scooped up these two hats for $10 together. Being a current UF student, that Florida snapback is just essential. That there Bucco Bruce cap, a 7 1/4 fitted Mitchell and Ness throwback with Mike Alstott's name and number on the tag, is super cool, too. However, if anyone may offer, I'd like to see this one find a better home.

Also, I IMPLORE any of you in the Gainesville area to check out Flashbacks on University Avenue. The place has been a goldmine for me for logos and beyond.

So I found something unusual @ my local Value Village today: A black Utah Blaze jersey (they are now-defunct, from the Arena Football League) for $6. There was also an adjustable throwback California Angels cap, but I chose the Blaze jersey. :D

UBwef0L.png

Pick up a brand new Gretzky era Kings sweater yesterday on clearence for $34.99. That's twice now in just under a month (Green NJ Devils) that they've for no reason cleared out vintage sweaters for no reason. They had Nordiques as well but I already own it.

untitled-6.jpg

Pick up a brand new Gretzky era Kings sweater yesterday on clearence for $34.99. That's twice now in just under a month (Green NJ Devils) that they've for no reason cleared out vintage sweaters for no reason. They had Nordiques as well but I already own it.

What type of store was it?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

A sports apparel store, similar to a Pro Image.

untitled-6.jpg

Whereabouts is this store? I see that you're in Alliston, but that's not terribly far from me (Mississauga). I might have to check it out.

Whereabouts is this store? I see that you're in Alliston, but that's not terribly far from me (Mississauga). I might have to check it out.

It's in the Georgian Mall in Barrie. They don't always have stuff on sale but it seems like when they do they really want to get rid of it.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived