Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of NFL hats at Ross, especially vintage logo 5950s and a bunch of Bengals (your team may vary) 2014 sideline 3930s.

Yup my local Ross has had a decent selection of caps, along with some USMNT jerseys (too small for me), and that blank Nets jersey. I ended up buying these two New Era caps for I think $20 total

IMG_7176_zpsp1zclp6c.jpg

sig.jpg

Lots of NFL hats at Ross, especially vintage logo 5950s and a bunch of Bengals (your team may vary) 2014 sideline 3930s.

Yup my local Ross has had a decent selection of caps, along with some USMNT jerseys (too small for me), and that blank Nets jersey. I ended up buying these two New Era caps for I think $20 total

IMG_7176_zpsp1zclp6c.jpg

That Jets hat is beautiful. Still one of my favorite logos. Are they fitted or snapback?

ALykGdZ.png

That Jets hat is beautiful. Still one of my favorite logos. Are they fitted or snapback?

Both are fitted. They have a smaller version of the front logo on the back

sig.jpg

Picked up an early-90s-ish Pro Line University of Arkansas fitted baseball hat for $2.

Shame time: I originally thought it was an Alabama hat. Didn't realize until after I bought it that it was Arkansas' "A" instead of Alabama's. I don't particularly like Arkansas or Alabama, and would have bought it either way, but I feel, as a longtime member of this board, ashamed.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Picked up an early-90s-ish Pro Line University of Arkansas fitted baseball hat for $2.

Shame time: I originally thought it was an Alabama hat. Didn't realize until after I bought it that it was Arkansas' "A" instead of Alabama's. I don't particularly like Arkansas or Alabama, and would have bought it either way, but I feel, as a longtime member of this board, ashamed.

Don't worry. I just realized a month ago that the Allman Brothers Band isn't called the Almond Brothers Band. Yes, I know it's dumb.

Anyway on the topic of the thrift store finds:

Does anyone know a good store to find a hat with this on it:

5097.gif

My girlfriend is going to Florida next month to visit her mom. I've already given her instructions to go to at least 2 Ross stores, and to take my credit card, and call me from the store with detailed descriptions of everything sports related. There are no Ross stores anywhere near me, but the last time I went down to FL, I got a road (the previous road with the sand 'SD') Padres 5950 for $5.

Does anyone know a good store to find a hat with this on it:

5097.gif

Your best bet is to keep an eye on Ebay. Search a few times a week. New Era has done a few runs of ABA hats in the past few years. Reebok/Adidas have done some ABA stuff as well, especially since the Grizzlies have worn Tams throwbacks recently.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I haven't seen it yet, but my buddy says he picked up an authentic Cowboys Riddell full sized helmet for $5 at the local thrift store.

Oh yeah, two guys named "Jones" and "Johnson" autographed it. Cha-ching!

I'll post photos when he brings it in to work.

It's where I sit.

I haven't seen it yet, but my buddy says he picked up an authentic Cowboys Riddell full sized helmet for $5 at the local thrift store.

Oh yeah, two guys named "Jones" and "Johnson" autographed it. Cha-ching!

I'll post photos when he brings it in to work.

I bought a Bills replica a few years back at a Salvation Army for $4.00 then I flipped it on eBay for $75!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I went to Ross tonight and did pretty well.

Grecce authentic jersey for $17

32BGxcZ.jpg

Netherlands away for $30

kde8SRp.jpg

US home $30

yjvJt3C.jpg

They had several other teams, but none were in my size. They had Brazil, Netherlands home, Austria, a European club jersey (I don't know the name).

Archived