Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US home $30

yjvJt3C.jpg

Why are the Dri-Fit and Authentic tags so high up on the US jersey compared to the Dutch/Greek jerseys?
I wondered that too. Could it be an irregular?
I just checked eBay and all of the white US jerseys have the Dri-Fit and Authentic tags higher up like mine. I don't know why they're different than all other Nike jerseys.

I also picked up a white USMNT jersey at Ross for $30. Left a white Slovakia ($20) but I think I'm going to drop by tomorrow and see if it's still there.

Saw a red England (XL), green Brazil (L), navy France (S), and another US (M), all $30.

Pretty pumped about my first USMNT jersey!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Y'all have convinced me to check Ross'. Hopefully I can find a Netherlands home shirt or England away shirt. I went to one of the soccer stores after the World Cup but all the shirts in my size were sold out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Y'all have convinced me to check Ross'. Hopefully I can find a Netherlands home shirt or England away shirt. I went to one of the soccer stores after the World Cup but all the shirts in my size were sold out.

The Ross in my city had an authentic England away jersey about a week ago. I was going to buy it, but it didn't fit me. It was my normal size, but the authentic jerseys fit much slimmer than the replicas.

Does anyone know a good store to find a hat with this on it:

5097.gif

Your best bet is to keep an eye on Ebay. Search a few times a week. New Era has done a few runs of ABA hats in the past few years. Reebok/Adidas have done some ABA stuff as well, especially since the Grizzlies have worn Tams throwbacks recently.

Great thanks. A jersey like that would be even better. I will keep an eye out.

The Ross near me had a blue Netherlands kit but it was XL and too big for me. Looked pretty nice in person though.

About a month or so ago, I found a Richmond Flying Squirrels and Chattanooga Lockouts hat for less than $5. They were both in pretty much perfect condition. I'm actually trying to sell the Richmond one, as it's too big for me.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'm sorry for being a bit out of the loop, but Michael Crabtree is on the Raiders? Or is it another?

Also, there's a new store near me called Second Time Klothes that I just checked out the other day and they had quite a few jerseys. I saw a blue Timberwolves Garnett circa 2002ish, Bengals Chad Johnson home, Carolina Panthers home wasn't sure player, a few Steelers homes- I think one was a Willie Parker. All more or less $25. Didn't pick anything up because I was with my wife and it's hard to justify buying a used $25 jersey that I'll never wear when my wife is spending $8 and getting 6 shirts and 4 pairs of pants lol.

sig.png

I haven't seen it yet, but my buddy says he picked up an authentic Cowboys Riddell full sized helmet for $5 at the local thrift store.

Oh yeah, two guys named "Jones" and "Johnson" autographed it. Cha-ching!

I'll post photos when he brings it in to work.

And here we go:

CowboyFront.jpg

CowboyJohnson.jpg

CowboyJones.jpg

You can see some discoloration, but it looks sweet. I'd take some ELO and get rid of the personalized note, and just display it forward facing with the Jimmy and Jerry autos visible.

It's where I sit.

I haven't seen it yet, but my buddy says he picked up an authentic Cowboys Riddell full sized helmet for $5 at the local thrift store.

And here we go:

CowboyFront.jpg

CowboyJohnson.jpg

CowboyJones.jpg

You can see some discoloration, but it looks sweet. I'd take some ELO and get rid of the personalized note, and just display it forward facing with the Jimmy and Jerry autos visible.

This reminds me of when I used to sign autographs on random gear. I hope nobody got those at goodwill and thought they were real.

And here we go:

CowboyFront.jpg

CowboyJohnson.jpg

CowboyJones.jpg

This reminds me of when I used to sign autographs on random gear. I hope nobody got those at goodwill and thought they were real.

Do you know that they aren't? I haven't researched what they look like...

It's where I sit.

And here we go:

CowboyFront.jpg

CowboyJohnson.jpg

CowboyJones.jpg

Do you know that they aren't? I haven't researched what they look like...

4402062839_14e01ffb82.jpgaeca316587bf9b57d820a943269031d0.jpg

bufg.png

celebrities change their signatures from time to time though, it's tough to say. I'd guess it's real because it seems a little weird that someone would buy an expensive replica helmet, then put fake signatures on it, and then write a personalized letter to themselves.

Also, if you were going to fake signatures, why do Jerry Jones? Why not Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, or Troy Aikman?

Found another amazing Jags hoodie with the rare lawsuit logo, this time with an unusual button-down collar (lol, 1993). This one actually fits me pretty well and uses really neat sparkly metallic gold accents for its design (which you can kinda see in the pic). Another gorgeous relic of 90's design and Jags history, indeed.

23Lerip.jpg

I went back to Ross today to see if they got any more soccer jerseys. The only jersey they had was this replica for a European club team I think. It wasn't my size, so I didn't get it. I don't know why, but they're charging $15 more for this jersey than they did for the World Cup jerseys.

AdxaolR.jpg

yHdYGKz.jpg

They also had this Nike Mexico polo. I found this strange because Nike released these polos before the World Cup last year and Mexico has been with Adidas for quite a few years.

PVFBFZw.jpg

Archived