Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

I went back to Ross today to see if they got any more soccer jerseys. The only jersey they had was this replica for a European club team I think. It wasn't my size, so I didn't get it. I don't know why, but they're charging $15 more for this jersey than they did for the World Cup jerseys.

AdxaolR.jpg

yHdYGKz.jpg

They also had this Nike Mexico polo. I found this strange because Nike released these polos before the World Cup last year and Mexico has been with Adidas for quite a few years.

PVFBFZw.jpg

that polo looks completely fake to me

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went back to Ross today to see if they got any more soccer jerseys. The only jersey they had was this replica for a European club team I think. It wasn't my size, so I didn't get it. I don't know why, but they're charging $15 more for this jersey than they did for the World Cup jerseys.

AdxaolR.jpg

yHdYGKz.jpg

They also had this Nike Mexico polo. I found this strange because Nike released these polos before the World Cup last year and Mexico has been with Adidas for quite a few years.

PVFBFZw.jpg

that polo looks completely face to me
It wasn't fake. I'm guessing they put MEX on the shirt because they aren't allowed to use the crest?

AdxaolR.jpg

That's FC Zenit from St. Petersburg, Russia.

My Ross had some Cruz Azul jerseys, also at $39.99.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Ross appears to have gotten in last year's Memorial Day and July 4 hats, as well as some MLB BP 3930s.

20150629_150908_zpsdimwbbfq.jpg

That Jays 3930 was an L-XL, or else it would've come home with me. The Yanks and Sox hats were my size, but just the wrong team. Maybe they'll have more selection next week!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I hit the jackpot at Ross again today. I got an authentic US Centennial jersey for $17.99.

bbxWmU1.jpg

They had these jerseys for $17.99-24.99:

Zgc3Mg6.jpg

UEvxUEc.jpg

gZfZpvU.jpg

9FPXFrq.jpg

huyDaj7.jpg

They also had this Nike football jersey. It retailed for $200. Ross was selling it for $24.99. Anyone know who or what this jersey is for?

EEmmycV.jpg

It looks like the football jersey was part of a collection to honor Arizona's Salt River Pima Community.

http://news.nike.com/news/the-nike-desert-journey-collection-honoring-the-salt-river-pima-community-in-arizona

I don't believe that's true- simply because this has the NFL hang tag on it and this jersey hit Ross 4 months from its release- that's gotta be a Ross record.

Edit: I stand corrected- looks like a desert journey collection item, but one has sold for 50 on eBay. The others are listed for 100.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Any more of those US Centennial jerseys, maybe in a Large? That's beautiful.

That was the only one they had. It was an XL. I normally wear L, but I couldn't pass it up.

What Ross was this?

I go to the Ross off Colorado and Mexico in Denver and saw the same football jersey.

Any more of those US Centennial jerseys, maybe in a Large? That's beautiful.

That was the only one they had. It was an XL. I normally wear L, but I couldn't pass it up.

What Ross was this?

I go to the Ross off Colorado and Mexico in Denver and saw the same football jersey.

I'm in Springfield, IL.

If I were you, I'd go back and get that desert journey jersey. It's selling for three to four times as much on eBay.

The jersey is still there, but I'm too lazy to list it on eBay and ship it. Also, I'm a uniform geek so I know myself well enough to know that the odds of me reselling a jersey after I buy it are very slim.

Archived