Thrift Store Gems 2015

johnnysama

There is a store locally called Dirt Cheap. I'm not sure if it's a one-off store of if others exist, but they mostly carry returned/"damaged"/seasonal/clearance items from Target, Rue 21, and some other places that didn't sell the first time around and wound-up in their hands. They have a little bit of everything in there like every other department store, you just have to dig to find it and then you feel like you need to go home and shower afterwards. On my latest trip in there (my wife LOVES this place as do most women locally) I was looking through the men's t-shirts and found around 2 dozen Carolina Panthers 2003 NFC Champions tees, black with the old logo on them, still brand-new 11 years since the Super Bowl. When I go back I'll get a pick.

98Falcons.png

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, THIS is just... something else.

UJSR5my.jpg

"Wreckin' Crew"

I have seen before on eBay NFL merch from early-mid 90's that used Looney Tunes characters so that this exists isn't surprising, but finding it sure was. The combination of it's awesome dorkiness and lawsuit logo made this an insta-buy, though I'm debating whether to keep it in my collection or sell since I'm not huge on space currently.

eBay it with a ridiculously-high reserve price...you might be surprised.

87Redskins.png

I just joined and am not sure where to post this. My friend has an autographed shirt from about 30 years ago, but she doesn't know the team, sport or any pertinent information. Before she gives it to a thrift store, she would like to try to identify at least the team if not the signature to make sure she's not giving away something valuable.

It looks similar to the Philadelphia Eagles logo, but not exactly, so it's probably a different team and sport. She feels certain it's a least college or pro level.

Any ideas?

eagle-hawk_350px_zpszi3bch33.jpg?t=14266

• 2 weeks later...

Archived