Teams/schools with similar uniforms

MNtwins3

High school teams that have unis like college or pro teams, college teams that have unis like pro teams, colleges with similar unis, or pro teams with similar unis.

Example:

Louisiana Tech looks like New England Patriots

http://uniformcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/latech-13-redwhite-1-675x380.jpg

http://content.sportslogos.net/news/2013/09/patriots-nike-throwback-jersey-vs-jets-21.jpg

Or my high school used the same jersey template as USC

http://ktmf.images.worldnow.com/images/23448406_BG1.jpg

http://www.jefflewisphotography.com/data/photos/177_1stafon_johnson_usc_ucla.jpg

And supposedly my school will be wearing something like UCLA next year

http://uniformcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/new-2013-ucla-midnight-uniforms-675x380.jpg

So, do you guys know any other schools/teams like this?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll look for photos later on, but James Island HS in Charleston, SC is notorious for this, but I've always kinda liked it.. I moved to the area in the late 90's and got to see Roddy White's last couple seasons.. anyway, in his day, they mimicked the Florida Gators, but had "Trojans" in the gator script on their helmets.. later, they mimicked the Clemson Tigers, darkening their blue and using a Trojan head with enlarged feathers and skewed proportions to somewhat resemble Clemson's tiger paw, and now they use an exact copy of USC's uniforms, but in blue/orange.

I'll look for photos later on, but James Island HS in Charleston, SC is notorious for this, but I've always kinda liked it.. I moved to the area in the late 90's and got to see Roddy White's last couple seasons.. anyway, in his day, they mimicked the Florida Gators, but had "Trojans" in the gator script on their helmets.. later, they mimicked the Clemson Tigers, darkening their blue and using a Trojan head with enlarged feathers and skewed proportions to somewhat resemble Clemson's tiger paw, and now they use an exact copy of USC's uniforms, but in blue/orange.

Not anymore.... Ike Allred is a big fan of Oregon-esque uniform combinations. He's said they may have a different helmet/uniform combo nearly every game next season.

Here's some pictures to save you the trouble...

The "Florida Gators" helmet:

Screenshot_2014-12-31-12-57-38-1_zpsc135

The "Clemson" uniforms:

Screenshot_2014-12-31-12-53-30-1_zpsb3d1

I don't think they currently look like anyone inparticular:

Screenshot_2014-12-31-12-54-13-1_zps6e9a

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Yeah, I briefly did some research today.. didn't see the comment from Allred, but the previous coach had them in a Louisiana Tech looking set, but I noticed the new helmet stripes today while searching, and assumed the uniforms had probably changed again.. either way, for about 10-15 years, they looked like college teams, but in their own way, and I kinda liked it. By the way, the Clemson pic you have is a buddy of mine, Mike Rentz.. played with him under Allred in college.. small world

Nebraska / Wisconsin thing has to stop. I'm an old Nebraska guy and love how they've kept their historic look so similar through the years so I'd say WIsconsin should change. But does Wisconsin have a similar historic vein with their look?

Nebraska-Wisconsin-To-Decide-Who-from-th

Not nearly as much as Nebraska does... in fact Wisconsin didn't even look like that until NU alum Barry Alvarez took over the program.

For Wisconsin, I would prefer something closer to what they wore in the 1982 Independence Bowl... the first bowl game they ever won.

f67779dbfa1270eebec1e6d124e52b0c99b61578

d962352471b7797b29fd53ce7a763be45e50b526

41mRdu6SHXL.jpg

So...a brighter-hued Oklahoma then? All we'd need then is an obscure wideout with a funny name that inspires either a rapper or a rock band to name themselves after him, a la Buster Rhymes :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not anymore.... Ike Allred is a big fan of Oregon-esque uniform combinations. He's said they may have a different helmet/uniform combo nearly every game next season.

Here's some pictures to save you the trouble...

The "Florida Gators" helmet:

Screenshot_2014-12-31-12-57-38-1_zpsc135

The "Clemson" uniforms:

Screenshot_2014-12-31-12-53-30-1_zpsb3d1

I don't think they currently look like anyone inparticular:

Screenshot_2014-12-31-12-54-13-1_zps6e9a

Kind of a UTEP vibe now.

• 4 weeks later...

Harmening no because almost everything on the unis is exactly the same they're like the Canadian packers.

No, they're the Canadian Packers because they are green and gold. The helmet striping, sleeve stripes, and the number color are completely different.

I too used to think the Eskimos looked liked the Packers, but typing this post made me realize how different both are.

Edmonton looks like the 2000's 49ers and the Packers mashed-up IMO. But I agree with the above poster that they aren't identical to the Packers at all.

My High school baseball team used to have Home uniforms that copied the Rays, the script read "Cats" since we were the Bearcats but those were my favorite uniforms.

I'll probably post again if I can find some pictures of those^ or other sports, I could think of countless teams that look similar or use the same styled looks of the top of my head though.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Nebraska / Wisconsin thing has to stop. I'm an old Nebraska guy and love how they've kept their historic look so similar through the years so I'd say WIsconsin should change. But does Wisconsin have a similar historic vein with their look?

Nebraska-Wisconsin-To-Decide-Who-from-th

I think both schools should give a little to make this work. Nebraska could go to a single stripe on the pants, matching their helmets. Wisconsin should change to their actual shade of red, which is accurately reflected on the helmet decals. Alumni might hate it, but they could add a thin black outline or a slight drop-shadow to the numbers like on the motion W. Also, Wisc should lose the red pants - they only wear white pants on the road and Nebraska only wears red pants on the road.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived