Teams that look better in white

jmoe12

Usually, I prefer colored uniforms to white, but there are some cases where the white just looks so much better than the color. Here are mine, feel free to add yours.

NFL

Cincinnati Bengals

050918_bengals_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

Both white uniforms look solid, but the white over white is far and away the best in the Bengals' subpar set.

Seattle Seahawks

1391394071000-USP-NFL-Super-Bowl-XLVIII-

It's not great, but at least there's no mono-blue.

NBA

Houston Rockets

joshsmithtrade.jpg

Not a huge fan of the grey in the Rocket's scheme. The red really pops off the white.

San Antonio Spurs

act_tony_parker.jpg

Not sure why, but I just love the Spurs' homes

NHL

Detroit Redwings

Pavel-Datsyuk.jpg

Doesn't get much better than this, color balance is perfect.

Dallas Stars

7898666.jpg

The green and white just pop so well

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually, I prefer colored uniforms to white, but there are some cases where the white just looks so much better than the color. Here are mine, feel free to add yours.

NFL

Cincinnati Bengals

050918_bengals_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

Both white uniforms look solid, but the white over white is far and away the best in the Bengals' subpar set.

I agree, except for the "both white uniforms look solid" part. The black pants look awful, mainly because they're paired with orange shoulder yokes, so there's no balance.

The Bengals will never win a playoff game, no matter what color combination they wear.

I don't like the pants (thought I guess they wear these at home now?), but I've always thought the Giants road looked pretty sharp:

eli-manning-new-york-giants-super-bowl-x

I used to really like the home, but now I think it's a bit too plain.

Ravens in white over black look pretty sharp too:

xxx-usp_nfl-_super_bowl_xlvii-baltimore_

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

NFL: The Carolina Panthers, The Cinncinnati Bengals, The Miami Dolphins

MLB: The Oakland A's, The Boston Red Sox

Most basketball teams (NBA and NCAA)

NHL: The Toronto Maple Leafs, The Detroit Red Wings, The Chicago Blackhawks

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

NHL - all teams that have matching shirts and pants look better in white. Of the teams who's darks don't match (like the Blackhawks and flyers), if there's shoulder/ sleeve coloring, then white looks better. So what I'm saying is the rangers and flyers look better in white, whole Chicago looks better in red. Possible exception to NJ, but I'd still give their whites the nod.

NBA - everyone looks better in white or yellow. Possible exception to Spurs and bulls.

Baseball - everyone looks better in white.

NFL - maybe Jacksonville but only because it's the least bad of their combos, New Orleans (only if we're talking about the alternative being black on black crime), Tampa (see Jacksonville - not good, just less suck), Soon-to-be LA Rams (would be different if they wore gold pants, but white over blue is better than all blue).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived