Teams that look better in white

jmoe12

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer the Flyers in white. The orange is a bit bright, so I think it works better

8073100.jpg

The Phillies also look best in their pinstripe home whites. I like the alternate blue hats, but the blue outline on the numbers can make them looked cramped.

4ee1fe24e5c49.image.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Detroit Tigers have one of (if not the) best home uniforms in sports, while at the same time their away uniforms are pretty outdated looking.

Yeah, that's why I did not list MLB teams...there are a handful that have great home whites but have never hit it out of the park on the road.

• Tigers (change road designs from time-to-time. Even had pullover road with button-up home in the 80s for a while)
  • Cubs (big history of changing roads while keeping nice homes...though the homes did go pullover/elastic for a bit)
  • Yankees (not a bad road uniform but cannot match the home in terms of being iconic)
  • Red Sox (A few too many changes with most designs being inferior to the home)

While these are the obvious ones, there are several other teams that look better (or at least as good) in white...which I would not say in NFL, NHL, and NBA.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Niklas+Hjalmarsson+Chicago+Blackhawks+v+

Gonna have to disagree. The red sweater is a thing of beauty....not saying the white isn't either. The Blackhawks just always look good, even in black.

blackhawks white is the greatest uniform in sports. their red, while an amazing uniform, doesnt even come close

I disagree with the premise that they have the best uniform in sport, but I like the white better as well, because it gives them the ability to showcase both their red and black colours in a clean manner, unlike their red jerseys

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Gonna have to disagree. The red sweater is a thing of beauty....not saying the white isn't either. The Blackhawks just always look good, even in black.

blackhawks white is the greatest uniform in sports. their red, while an amazing uniform, doesnt even come close

I disagree with the premise that they have the best uniform in sport, but I like the white better as well, because it gives them the ability to showcase both their red and black colours in a clean manner, unlike their red jerseys

What's not clean on the red and how does it not showcase all the colors?

Archived