Teams that look better in white

jmoe12

Blackhawks white jerseys are amazing and I prefer them to the red. Their whites and the Red Wings whites are 2 of the best jerseys in all of sports.

More often than not I like white jerseys better then color. There are very few instances, especially in hockey and baseball (although I do actually like colored alts in baseball to break up the white vs. gray all the time.), where I like the colored jersey better than the white. I'd have to think about football and basketball. That's probably closer to 50-50.

ESPN did this poll a while back and I think the Habs, Lightning and Pens were the only teams I voted for the dark jersey for. http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11342573/nhl-home-teams-wear-white-colored-jerseys.

The current Vikings look better in purple. But in my opinion they have looked better in white inall of thier previous looks.

This.

The current Vikings one of the few instances where I like a dark jersey better than white. But the classic Vikings sets with the UCLA striped white jerseys was one of my favorites ever and definitely like the white better than purple on the reebok-ified unis they had from 06-12.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Niklas+Hjalmarsson+Chicago+Blackhawks+v+

Gonna have to disagree. The red sweater is a thing of beauty....not saying the white isn't either. The Blackhawks just always look good, even in black.

blackhawks white is the greatest uniform in sports. their red, while an amazing uniform, doesnt even come close

I disagree with the premise that they have the best uniform in sport, but I like the white better as well, because it gives them the ability to showcase both their red and black colours in a clean manner, unlike their red jerseys

What's not clean on the red and how does it not showcase all the colors?

The white allows both the red and black stripes to be featured on a crisp white background and gives them a primary focus, rather than having the red background where the only team colour stripe is black, with white breaking up the stripes.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Might be a minority opinion on this, but I think these are way better than their reds

Alex+Ovechkin+Washington+Capitals+v+New+

Seeing this picture makes me realize how dated the look seems already. Going back to the patriotic scheme is fine (I still prefer the blue and bronze) but the template looks terrible. But at least not Senators/Penguins/Avalanche terrible.

Might be a minority opinion on this, but I think these are way better than their reds

Alex+Ovechkin+Washington+Capitals+v+New+

Seeing this picture makes me realize how dated the look seems already. Going back to the patriotic scheme is fine (I still prefer the blue and bronze) but the template looks terrible. But at least not Senators/Penguins/Avalanche terrible.

Is there some significance to blue and bronze in Washington? The Wizards have worn a similar scheme, too.

Presidential Seal. And off-colors like slate and bronze were big in the '90s at a time when the dated Bullets and Capitals had hit the skids in terms of merchandise revenue.

Red Wings, Maple Leafs, Jets are the big three whose white uniforms are vastly superior. Most teams who look good in their darks look equally good in their whites (Blackhawks, Rangers, Oilers, Flyers, et al.), most teams who look bad in one look bad in the other as well (Senators, Ducks, Perds). The Habs should only wear the Tricolore but without white at home that's not an option.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is there some significance to blue and bronze in Washington? The Wizards have worn a similar scheme, too.

Abe Pollin owned both the Caps and the Bullets at the time. When the Bullets became the Wizards in 1997 they switched from red, white and blue to blue and bronze to match the Caps, who had switched from red, white and blue to blue and bronze in 1995.

Archived