Minnesota Swarm Concept

72freebie

I recently have started to watch some NLL lacrosse and am finding it very interseting. One thing I found is that the team jerseys are much of the same. I have made a concept for the Minnesota Swarm. This is my first attempt at a lacrosse uniform so pleasse help me out with what I can improve on because I am interested in eventually starting a lacrosse series.(after I am finished NHL Outside The Box)

without further ado, here it is

swarm_zpse8c54841.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

With the NLL the Lacrosse sleeves are longer than outdoor lacrosse that you have here.

And the NLL switched to ProJoy making the jerseys recently (I forgot when) and most if not all the teams made new jerseys for the new style of cut (The NLL's version of Reebok Edge) and it really made the jerseys less interested and more cut and paste.

That being said, this is a nice concept. I think the honeycomb treat you have to it is a little too much.

Also you have a very hockey styled jersey here for the home and away (hint, white jerseys are home for NLL) but usually the NLL has some pretty funky designs, not your typical hockey tradition esque. They use a lot of gradients and quirky elements from the teams identity. For instance your third jersey is a pretty nice example of being out there. Besides for the shorts design, I don't think that goes along with the jersey design.

• 2 months later...

With the NLL the Lacrosse sleeves are longer than outdoor lacrosse that you have here.

And the NLL switched to ProJoy making the jerseys recently (I forgot when) and most if not all the teams made new jerseys for the new style of cut (The NLL's version of Reebok Edge) and it really made the jerseys less interested and more cut and paste.

That being said, this is a nice concept. I think the honeycomb treat you have to it is a little too much.

Also you have a very hockey styled jersey here for the home and away (hint, white jerseys are home for NLL) but usually the NLL has some pretty funky designs, not your typical hockey tradition esque. They use a lot of gradients and quirky elements from the teams identity. For instance your third jersey is a pretty nice example of being out there. Besides for the shorts design, I don't think that goes along with the jersey design.

Heck, why not make the whole jerseys honeycomb then

I think the honeycomb pattern is too large. I'd probably put inside a stripe pattern or use it inside the numbers. Good start though.

agreed that the honeycomb honey comb is too busy

Archived