Brooklyn Nets Heritage.

JJHoser

Alright, so when the nets announced a few years ago that they were moving to Brooklyn, I was expecting a lot more for their identity. This was the first time professional sports would take over in Brooklyn since the Dodgers left.

I figured, since Brooklyn is proud of their history, their identity would have resembled their only other professional team from the past, the Dodgers. I like the shield, and I like their identity already, but I figured I could combine it with the history of Brooklyn sports and create an identity that might be a little more fun to look at on the court, and a little more linked to Brooklyn.

Primary:

brooklynplogo_zpsc2861c1b.jpg

Alt. Logo:

brooklynalogo_zpsd1b53f8f.jpg

Home Uni:

brooklynhome_zps9b7bf5db.jpg

Road Uni:

brooklynroad_zpsa35c7ac3.jpg

Alternate:

brooklynalt_zpsc66ac9eb.jpg

(Note: The side pattern is supposed to represent the bottom of a basketball net, and also it is taken from this dodgers logo: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/6152/Brooklyn_Dodgers/1911/Primary_Logo )

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

I like the color scheme as well as the script, but I agree with TheGiantsFan that it needs to be thickened up. Also, I try to make a new "B." I understand that what you used is the old Brooklyn Dodgers logo, but in this day and age it brings to mind the iconic Boston Red Sox "B." Great start!

I am super happy about all the love I am getting on this concept. I threw together a few new things.

First, here's what the nets script looks like thickened:

brooklynhomethick_zpsda6e9414.jpg

Here is how it would look if I added black into the color scheme:

brooklynhome2_zps195720ac.jpg

brooklynroad2_zps3ee25e52.jpg

brooklynalt2_zps63b3984f.jpg

And here is the whole identity with just the current black and white color scheme:

brooklynhome3_zps0b0d4d0c.jpg

brooklynroad3_zpsfcdb1222.jpg

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Yes to either the blue/black or the white/black sets. Your first try looks more like the Brooklyn Dogders-as-basketball, especially the grey unis. As one of the few people on the boards who likes the current Nets branding, I'd say your updates are a step up. Kudos.

rATMcmK.png

Archived