2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

With the new year upon us and every known change released, I figured it was time to open up next year's thread. Do we have anything confirmed for 2015-16? Other than the speculation of an Avalanche overhaul at the hands of Sakic/Roy to coincide with their 20th anniversary in Colorado, I haven't heard anything. Has anyone?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish list:

Sharks and Sabres take the stupid front numbers off

Avs go back to something close to original template

Flames wake up and realize piping+stripes+flags=crap

Sens, Pens get better templates

Likely reality:

Something new with the Isles

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Fantasy list:

New jerseys:

Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Carolina, San Jose, Calgary

New Alternates:

Edmonton, Islanders, Washington, Dallas

Vancouver return to maroon and navy.

Columbus promotes their alternate to full home duty and add a white variant for the road. Maybe try recolouring the current logos for an alternate jersey. Maybe light blue.

Blue Jackets change something up... red pants are getting old. Still wish they would go with the alternate colors and ditch the blue,red,white.

They need sky blue pants and navy blue tops with Gold and tin off colors. If you want to do union colors go all out.

Wish list:

Sharks and Sabres take the stupid front numbers off

Avs go back to something close to original template

Flames wake up and realize piping+stripes+flags=crap

Sens, Pens get better templates

Likely reality:

Something new with the Isles

I honestly like the Flames jerseys, I do. I like the concept of incoporating the flags onto the jersey, and I dont mind their striping either. As long as theyre the only team with a jersey like theirs, im okay with it(And I DESPISE Calgary too)

I have bigger bones to pick with the Sharks than front numbers, and can even say they need them, because of the lack of anything else on the jersey.

I dont mind it, and have grown used to it, with the Sabres, but wish they would drop the grey piping and accents, but keep the thicker yellow circle around the jersey.

Sens/Pens have great templates, they are currently being wasted away as third jerseys

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Are the Isles changing their name to the Brooklyn Islanders or will they still be known as the NY Islanders?

They are keeping the name and primany jerseys the same. Only adding a new alternate jersey likely with the NY Stadium Series crest.

Wishlist

Arizona Coyotes

New set with South Western Striping and a bigger emphasis on black. Logo remains unchanged, shoulder patch on both shoulders. Black 1997 throwback becomes the permanent Alt.

Boston Bruins

Drop the redundant third, it contributes nothing to an otherwise flawless set.

Buffalo Sabres

Return to Royal Blue and Gold. Turd Burger vanquished permanently

Calgary Flames
New jerseys based on the 2003/04 set with the new "CF" patch from the alternate on the shoulders. Retro throwback returns as a full time alt.

Carolina Hurricanes
Edgify the cup winning set.

Colorado Avalanche
Ditto

Edmonton Oilers
Midnight Blue jersey from the 2006 cup run returns as a full time alternate.

Minnesota Wild
New green, home jersey based off the current road with "wheat" striping. Iron Range Reds relegated to alternate status.

Ottawa Senators
Ditch all three uniforms. Forward facing Senator becomes primary logo. Uniforms based off any of the 90's iterations excluding the red alt.

Pittsburgh Penguins
Return to Athletic Gold

San Jose Sharks
At least ditch the front numbers

Washington Capitals
New set based of the recent Winter Classic jersey.

Linden said in the pre-season the Canucks were exploring another new look, and even released a Johnny Canuck "fashion jersey".

display.jpg

That jersey is terrible. I hope it never moves up from "fashion" status.

I totally disagree. I have one and I get countless compliments on it, mainly because of Johnny Canuck. I love the green. The Whalers are long gone and there hasn't been any team to wear a kelly green jersey with blue since then.

Anyway, here's my wish list:

Buffalo: Lose the silver piping and the turd third.

Calgary: Retros full time or at the very least, an '04 look with red yokes on the whites, red helmets with the reds and non italic font.

Colorado: More traditional with a bit of pre-Edge elements. Replace the black with maroon. Emphasize a unique colour.

Minnesota: New everything starting with the name. Green should be primary dark colour regardless of any name change.

Nashville: Wear yellows on the road with yellow helmets. Navy worn worn at home.

Ottawa: Traditional jersey template with new 2D logo and black as the primary dark colour.

Pittsburgh: At least return to '91-'92 template.

San Jose: Bring back hem striping and lose front numbers.

Toronto: Harold Ballard Leaf must go. Blue yokes on whites and single white stripes on the pants.

Vancouver: Make Skating Johnny OR the Stick 'n Rink the primary. Return to block font and add a green border. Royal blue as a primary and either kelly green or navy with lots of green as alternate jersey colour.

Archived