2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm in the minority, but I enjoy the avs uniforms. The colors are unique. The uniforms can be fixed up a bit but are overall neat

The colors aren't the problem, it's the Bettman striped, template fill-in-the-blank, wanna-be uniform. Their previous set was a classic. Modern yet had that clean look that felt like it was in the NHL for decades.

Their current uniforms are just a mess, the lack of stripes separating the blue and maroon really brings down the set. They're such heavy colors they need that buffer between them. Then the fact the uniform lacks any real character hurts too.

I think both colors need to be prominent in this new look. I'm all for the update however!

I barely see the Avs jerseys any more... the Leafs play them twice & NBC just shows me ChicagoPittsburghBostonChicagoPittsburghBostonChicagoPhiladelphiaPittsburghBostonNewYorkChicagoWashingtonPittsburghBoston.

I know SNET has western games, but I don't watch hockey all night Sat & when I'm watching the Leafs, I'm not watching the other 4 games.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

The Avalanche are another example of a team that got things perfect the first time. Was watching the highlights from their 99 WC finals, against the Stars, recently and couldn't believe how good they looked in the lighter shade of burgundy.

Either way, the mountain range striping needs to return and the logos should remain unchanged.

The Avalanche are another example of a team that got things perfect the first time. Was watching the highlights from their 99 WC finals, against the Stars, recently and couldn't believe how good they looked in the lighter shade of burgundy.

Either way, the mountain range striping needs to return and the logos should remain unchanged.

When the Avs play teams like the Blackhawks or Blues, they seriously look like they don't belong in the same league. Just based off aesthetics.

With the exception of the logos, mountain range hemline and the lighter burgundy, the Avalanche had one of the most overrated uniforms. The unnecessary black helmets and pants, the ugly font and the cluttering shoulder and arm trimming had ruined a potentially good and unique look.

The Avalanche-Red Wings rivalry was one for the ages but their uniform match-up was a total mismatch.

With the exception of the logos, mountain range hemline and the lighter burgundy, the Avalanche had one of the most overrated uniforms. The unnecessary black helmets and pants, the ugly font and the cluttering shoulder and arm trimming had ruined a potentially good and unique look.

The Avalanche-Red Wings rivalry was one for the ages but their uniform match-up was a total mismatch.

I disagree with most of this. The Avs would look terrible in standard block font. The black helmets are better than any other color in their palette.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

When the Avs play teams like the Blackhawks or Blues, they seriously look like they don't belong in the same league. Just based off aesthetics.

The Falcons don't look like they're in the same league as the Browns, either, when they play. But I'm not sure what that really means. Your argument is basically "Old school looks different than modern."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Falcons don't look like they're in the same league as the Browns, either, when they play. But I'm not sure what that really means. Your argument is basically "Old school looks different than modern."

No... The Avs look like a terribly designed minor league team. Nothing about modern or not. They simply don't look like an NHL team with their current jersey.

But see, the Avalanche are a team that originated in 1996 and won a Stanley Cup, the first year of their existence. This alone excuses them for going with the angular shoulders, black pants, and helmets. Winning a second cup with Ray Bourque, albeit in the darker burgundy, should end the discussion. What the Avalanche wore before Reebok butchered it is their look.

Besides, the Red Wings - Avalanche rivalry looked great because the uniform styles were so different. Once again, it was better when the Avs wore the lighter shade of burgundy (running theme).

i no somene in colorado who says new jerseys so ya

conrimed

I know someone in Colorado who says new jerseys so yeah

Confirmed

Was this that hard?

Anyway, hopefully there will be new uniforms Colorado, and let's hope Calgary gets the memo too, so it will finally end the worst period in hockey uniforms in history !

i no somene in colorado who says new jerseys so ya

conrimed

But did you call it and confirm it?

ya

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived