2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the topic of the Avalanche's jerseys, the white version of their original set was a very nice jersey. The burgundy version was kinda of meh because of the blue sleeves. Their best jersey might be their burgundy alternate, even with the mismatched striping. Certainly beats their current alt. It fits in with the black helmet/pants better than the original colour jersey. Slap on the logo instead of the word mark and it would be even better. Weird thing is, I don't think a white version of that jersey would be good.

On the topic of the Avalanche's jerseys, the white version of their original set was a very nice jersey. The burgundy version was kinda of meh because of the blue sleeves. Their best jersey might be their burgundy alternate, even with the mismatched striping. Certainly beats their current alt. It fits in with the black helmet/pants better than the original colour jersey. Slap on the logo instead of the word mark and it would be even better. Weird thing is, I don't think a white version of that jersey would be good.

I think your suggestion with their old third jersey is the best throwback-route idea I've heard so far. I think a white version of that jersey might actually not be too bad if it was done the way you suggested it.

The Avalanche are another example of a team that got things perfect the first time. Was watching the highlights from their 99 WC finals, against the Stars, recently and couldn't believe how good they looked in the lighter shade of burgundy.

Either way, the mountain range striping needs to return and the logos should remain unchanged.

With the exception of the logos, mountain range hemline and the lighter burgundy, the Avalanche had one of the most overrated uniforms. The unnecessary black helmets and pants, the ugly font and the cluttering shoulder and arm trimming had ruined a potentially good and unique look.

The Avalanche-Red Wings rivalry was one for the ages but their uniform match-up was a total mismatch.

Finally, someone else who thinks the old Avalanche jerseys are overrated. They need to start over.

I think your suggestion with their old third jersey is the best throwback-route idea I've heard so far. I think a white version of that jersey might actually not be too bad if it was done the way you suggested it.

They would just need to add a hem stripe to the white. UND's third jersey is a black version of this, and the white and green jerseys both have hem stripes. I love the yolk and the stripe pattern to be honest.

They would just need to add a hem stripe to the white. UND's third jersey is a black version of this, and the white and green jerseys both have hem stripes. I love the yolk and the stripe pattern to be honest.

I'm not talking about the Avalanche's current 3rd, but their original alternate, even though the sleeve stripes are pretty much the same. I suppose swapping the white stripes with burgundy would be the logical move, but without actually seeing it, it's hard for me to think it'll work.

I might be reeeeally late to this party and I know it was speculated with everything but official confirmation, but:

Wild will host Blackhawks in Stadium Series outdoor game in 2016 http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/289389791.html

The Blackhawks AGAIN. Personally I hoped for Dallas. Old Minnesota vs. New Minnesota.

Still crossing my fingers for North Stars unis though.

Edit- Just came across this as well: http://www.wxyz.com/sports/hockey/red-wings/report-red-wings-to-play-avalanche-outdoors-in-2016-stadium-series

Avalanche hosting Red Wings.

sig.png

I know I'll get backlash for this, but putting one of these games at Ohio Stadium with the Jackets and Penguins would be such a great event imo. Granted, yes, the Jackets overall franchise record is not great, that's well known. But the fact that the Big House held one in great success to me speaks that Ohio Stadium could do just the same. Seeing as though the "rivalry" between the CBJ and the Pens is growing after the playoff series last year, and Pittsburgh being the closest team in proximity besides Detroit, I think would be a good mix and something fresh for the league. Columbus poured out support for All-Star Weekend and got rave reviews, so something this big could be done.

I know I'll get backlash for this, but putting one of these games at Ohio Stadium with the Jackets and Penguins would be such a great event imo. Granted, yes, the Jackets overall franchise record is not great, that's well known. But the fact that the Big House held one in great success to me speaks that Ohio Stadium could do just the same. Seeing as though the "rivalry" between the CBJ and the Pens is growing after the playoff series last year, and Pittsburgh being the closest team in proximity besides Detroit, I think would be a good mix and something fresh for the league. Columbus poured out support for All-Star Weekend and got rave reviews, so something this big could be done.

I agree. I see it within the next 5 years. I'm sure they've inquired, but right now the NHL's saying "Well, we just gave you the All Star game".

Despite the BJ's attendance figures, there's no doubt the fans would come out and fill the Horseshoe. Plus I imagine a good portion of eastern Ohio is Pens fans, and Pittsburgh is only a couple hours away.

sig.png

The Blackhawks AGAIN. Personally I hoped for Dallas. Old Minnesota vs. New Minnesota.

Still crossing my fingers for North Stars unis though.

Pretty much everyone except the Wild owner wanted a Stars-Wild outdoor game.

The Wild in North Stars unis will never happen, and given that it's a Stadium Series game it's even less likely.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Here is my own NHL jersey wish list. Minnesota Wild

Use the primary logo on the front of ALL uniforms. NO shoulder yolks, especially the unnecessary phantom ones on their current home and alternate jerseys.

Make green the base color on the home jersey, white for the away jersey and Iron Range Red for the alternate jersey.

NO WAY SHOULD THE UNIFORMS ALL HAVE THE SAME LOGO!!!!!!!! It's part of the identiy for the team. I agree that the piping should be eliminated, the original jersey didn't have it. Any they should also add a green tail stripe for the read alt.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived