2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Yep, correct font, or at least very close. Wow. I hope this sticks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharks made a jersey history video made a video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdpDRvSKo4&t=12

Zat you, Jimmy Two Times? :P

The video is good, but makes me really appreciate their clean and bold current jerseys, compared to some of the over-designed sweaters of yore. The video starts off well, then gets really ugly before pulling it out with a beautiful save at the end.

I understand that it's an unpopular opinion, but I think the current set is the best of the lot. Not bland, it's bold.

I have come to hate hem stripes on an EDGE jersey that has a contrasting scooped hem. The stripes only serve to accentuate the scoop, and it especially looks goofy with white below the stripes, it stands out so much. At least the Rangers sew theirs up to make a squared hem.

Old hockey jerseys look unfinished without the stripes. Modem hockey jerseys can look better without them.

Go back to the old template, and I'd be all over bringing back the original (with the modern logo). But so long as they're wearing that cut, the current uniforms are the best possible uniforms from their history they could be wearing today.

At least the Rangers sew theirs up to make a squared hem.

I know they did it when the Edge jerseys came out, but do they still do it?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

At least the Rangers sew theirs up to make a squared hem.

I know they did it when the Edge jerseys came out, but do they still do it?

Not since the first season of Edge.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I understand that it's an unpopular opinion, but I think the current set is the best of the lot. Not bland, it's bold.

My ranking

1st gen

Current

2nd gen

3rd gen

I'd rank them like this.

1. 1991-1998.

2. 2007-2013

3. 1998-2007

4. 2013-present.

The present one is really boring and empty IMO. I don't necessarily hate it. It's just a huge downgrade compared to the 3 others, which were all among the best uniforms in the league at the time they were used.

My ranking

1st gen

Current

2nd gen

3rd gen

I'd rank them like this.

1. 1991-1998.

2. 2007-2013

3. 1998-2007

4. 2013-present.

The present one is really boring and empty IMO. I don't necessarily hate it. It's just a huge downgrade compared to the 3 others, which were all among the best uniforms in the league at the time they were used.

And I'd rank them like this:

1. 1991-1998

2. 1991-1998

3. 1991-1998

4. 1991-1998

I cannot get over the fact that the Sharks are actually bringing their original jersey back. I think this might be a bigger miracle than Moses walking across the Red Sea. From what they said, I thought we were getting some random lightweight fauxback, which is something one of us would easily assume those bumbling idiots in San Jose would do after their latest trainwreck redesign. Instead, they finally did something right for the first time in years. Not a single jersey since their first set has even come close to looking as good as their first jerseys. As I said before, this jersey does not need any changes, all it needs is to be worn on the ice again. They got to switch back to this asap.

Inaugural set is the best, by far.

Owen Nolan era pre-edge set is second best (and actually damn good. especially the whites)

Then I guess the current?

Barely beating out the first edge set...

the current ones are just so empty and useless, and the single orange stripe really throws me off. if the stripes were symmetrical, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much... and the first edge-set was just soooo busy. so many stripes and elements. the stripes themselves were complex and overly filling... the shoulder yokes make it even worse. the 3-color numbers just added to it. those jerseys gave me ADD.

but i'm also one of the people that finds that updated sharks logo to be a complete downgrade in every aspect.

the original sharks logo was two to three tweaks from being perfect. fix the blade tape and fix the butt-end... maybe fill the entire eye in with white, and you're perfect.

the new logo is just terrible and cheesy. looks "XTREME" if that makes sense.

Well atleast we can all agree about the original uniform being the best of the bunch. As for the first Edge set, i know exactly what you mean ColeJ. Yes it was busy and xtreme. That's why i liked it. In an era, where everything had be be black and minimalistic, the Sharks stood out. I understand why not everyone like that set, but to me, it was an improvement over the previous uniform.

Archived