2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those jerseys look alot sharper than I thought they would. I'm actually digging them more than the previous thirds. I think its stupid to put that "B" logo on the waist where no one will see them. It should be on the front of the pant leg.

Saying all that, I still wish they would bring back the fisherman.....

394eae4e64f517fa0d348e9e06fe0864.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

Full uniform: not as terrible as I thought it'd be. Once you put numbers on it to take up space in the blank template, it improves it.

If they just made the entire collar white (not half) and added a legitimate hem stripe, these would have been good.

I also agree with Gothamite. BKLYN is fine on a t-shirt, not great on the uniform. And that inaugural season patch sticks out like a sore thumb in the blue/orange.

And nice touch with the Al Arbour memorial patch.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

See the grey on the Sharks second set teal jersey is what sells it for me. A good substantial use of what was at the time their secondary color. And the color of a shark to boot.

San-Jose-Sharks-Teal-Jersey-1998-2007.jp

To my mind, this is still the best uniform they've ever worn.

As much as I like their inaugural set, I'm beginning to agree. The thing I really liked about the Nolan era threads, is how the striping loosely resembled the open mouth of a shark, particularly on the teals.

For me, the Sharks are a 90's era expansion team, not a continuation of a franchise that hasn't won anything or had a decent uniform. Second six or not, the Seals don't belong in the same category as the North Stars, Blues, Flyers, etc... They've technically been 5 different teams before arriving as the Sharks. They should have a striping pattern that is somewhat out there, not playing O6 dress-up with teal.

It's not just for you, they are a 90's era expansion team. Yes there was some ownership shuffling and commonality, but the Sharks have no official ties to anything before they entered the league. Nor have they ever claimed heritage to the Seals or anything else.

The overall effect is nice, once you get past the color problem.

G_9.15.16_Tavares10_slide.jpg

I love the bold chest logo. Would gladly buy a cap with that logo on it (which, yeah, I know is the point).

In a vacuum that would be a pretty cool look for a Brooklyn expansion team. It's pretty visually striking and a hell of a lot better than the old black alternate, which was one of the worst uniforms to ever see NHL ice, but it's just not the New York Islanders and I can't support it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Look, Roman, just because your parents deprived you.... :P

In a vacuum that would be a pretty cool look for a Brooklyn expansion team. It's pretty visually striking and a hell of a lot better than the old black alternate, which was one of the worst uniforms to ever see NHL ice, but it's just not the New York Islanders and I can't support it.

Yeah, that's kinda how I feel about it. I really like the uniform, but it's just not the Islanders.

Lest anybody think the abbreviation is some nouveau thing, it dates at least as far back as the 1940s:

Ebbets_Scoreboard.jpg

Sure am glad no one's using "Chigo" anymore.

I've actually never heard of that before, but it's not much worse than Chi-Town.

As for the Islanders' alts, the only redeeming quality is that they don't say Brooklyn on them. I expected either a baseball-style wordmark or the primary logo with a Canucks-like BROOKLYN arched over it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Sure am glad no one's using "Chigo" anymore.

Old buildings in Cincinnati will often read "Cinti" and that abbreviation makes no sense to me, especially when Cincy is right there and the same number of letters. Be like someone calling Philadelphia, "Phdia".

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived