2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dislike the full-body shark. Particularly with the stick in front of it, the tail is such an afterthought. All it does is throw the dimensions of the logo off and leave considerable empty space at the bottom. I'm not in love with the triangle, but I think it better uses the space than that little tail slash.

I don't like it because the tail is not needed. Some animals have tails that really define them (e.g, Clearwater Threshers)...but there's just no doubting that the animal in the triangle is a shark. Tail is just superfluous.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The sweaters aren't bad, but the socks are ugly.

I think that's more of how those players are wearing them. Some guys have them high or low.

I like them. Interesting to see the arm design like that with the same cut as the Dallas yokes. Makes for a neat little feature when comparing into Detroit or Minnesota.

Yeah, the "TE*AS" thing is never going to work for me, but obviously it's what they've decided to roll with, and it does look better in this new version. I like the jersey design a lot, and it shows how solid the Coyotes' new look could be if it just had hem stripes.

The fact that the roundel logo has "TEXAS" spaced farther apart than "STARS" because they were too lazy to completely redo the source logo will irritate me straight into the grave.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Texas Stars unveil new Victory Green sweaters.

CPObLgTU8AAaH1z.jpg

CPOboH3UYAAoEls.pngCPObp3aVEAAeQcw.png

CPOd_OVUAAA4NZj.jpg

-in before someone says Dallas needs a number outline too-

I think the coyotes should take notes.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Those are some nice jerseys.

I'll take the bait. Dallas needs number outlines, it just makes the numbers look cleaner.

I like them. I just wish they used the parent clubs' unique number font, it's grown to be part of the look.

Topic of logos aside, imagine how much nicer the Canucks' jerseys would look with the traditional or modified(Dallas) block font with a green outline.

The Islanders alternate doesn't look terrible in a vacuum, but it's a major case of the team trying to have their cake and eat it too. If they wanted to do embrace the move to Brooklyn by doing a complete rebrand to black and white I'd have understood. When they decided to maintain the traditional name/colours/uniforms that should've been the end of it. This new uniform completely muddles the brand. With the organization's track record when it comes to uniforms that deviate too much from the originals (fisherman, black ISLANDERS, pylon jerseys), you think they'd have learned their lesson by now.

Also, San Jose needs to go back to the original look full time. Teal, black, & orange isn't a bad colour combo, but teal, grey, & black works so well for a team named the Sharks. The logo could use a couple of tweaks (fix the stick or possibly eliminate it all together, tone down the outlines and make the teal one go around the whole triangle), but overall it's the best look they've ever had.

Beautiful set! I like the like roads better than than their major league counterparts, mostly because of the unnecessary square yoke that has no historical precedence. Shoulder patches are also arguably superior to the Star's iteration of the roundels.

Archived