2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

So the Sharks have revealed an anniversary patch for next season:

San-Jose-Sharks-25th-Anniversary-Logo-35

I actually kind of like that silver is prominent here, and the new rendering of the Shark is pretty good (swimming instead of leaping). However, the Shark also seems like an afterthought in the logo, given how it's off center and above the "25."

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Sharks have revealed an anniversary patch for next season:

San-Jose-Sharks-25th-Anniversary-Logo-35

I actually kind of like that silver is prominent here, and the new rendering of the Shark is pretty good (swimming instead of leaping). However, the Shark also seems like an afterthought in the logo, given how it's off center and above the "25."

Heavy use of silver probably due to normal 25th anniversaries being known as Silver Anniversaries. Odd that it's a diamond shape though, as diamonds normally signify the 75th.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Where is that font from for the 25?

It looks to be a custom job.

And yikes, talk about cheap and lazy...they literally hit "Ctrl + C", rotated it 90°, then hit "Ctrl + V".

7A913F3B-866C-4D41-96AE-0A67EDD44DC0_zps

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Someone asked IceJerseys on Twitter if they'll be selling the Coyotes throwbacks from last night, and the store responded they won't be getting them in stock until September. Not sure if they'll be Reebok Premier or CCM Vintage, but if it's the former, that could mean a return of the Kachina to the ice.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If it is Reebok, I think it would mean a return because Reebok makes the home, away, alternate and special event (Winter Classic, Stadium Series, etc.) jerseys for purchase.

CCM handles all the mass production throwback/vintage jerseys through the Vintage brand, even when they have been worn in games. For example, the Mighty Ducks jerseys sold for last year were CCM, the Devils have worn their Christmas colours off and on, but are only sold in CCM cut and the Coyotes throwback being sold is CCM. The Kings yellow jersey being sold is Reebok, but it's listed as an alternate on the NHL Shop.

This leads me to believe if a throwback jersey is being sold in a Reebok cut, it is a part of the team's main jerseys (home, away, alternate, special event). But if the throwback is being sold as CCM, it's either just through the CCM Vintage brand or the team is wearing a one off thing.

(You can probably still find the Reebok version of all the throwbacks worn on ice through Ebay, but it's not the publicly sold ones though.)

IbjBaeE.png

Icethetics Jersey Watch 2015 is here!

Anaheim Ducks

New alternate

Arizona Coyotes

New home and away uniforms with a new primary logo. Could they be going back to the Kachina look full time?

Buffalo Sabres

The Turd Burger is being put out to pasture! Thank god.

Colorado Avalanche

Same home and road uniforms (seriously??) but a new third is on the way. No more "aqua" rangers ripoffs. Again, thank god.

New York Islanders

New alternate as was expected

Washington Capitals
New alternate. Chris seems to think it will be the red throwback but I wonder of the latest WC jersey will be used.

Anaheim Ducks

New alternate

Arizona Coyotes

New home and away uniforms with a new primary logo. Could they be going back to the Kachina look full time?

Buffalo Sabres

Colorado Avalanche

Same home and road uniforms (seriously??) but a new third is on the way. No more "aqua" rangers ripoffs. Again, thank god.

New York Islanders

Washington Capitals

New alternate. Chris seems to think it will be the red throwback but I wonder of the latest WC jersey will be used.

1. I hope its orange

2. They should have done that this year. I hope its new and not that 90s throwback. Teams need to go forward and not backwards.

4. I liked the color. Didn't care for the wordmark.

5. Don't they have to modify the logo so the "I" in "Islanders" marks Brooklyn on the map instead of Uniondale?

6. I kinda dig those uniforms. Especially the red pants.

The Catch of the Day!

Well this sucks, i got one for Christmas and now it's being retired(Sabres 3rd)

EDIT: Considering most of the current branding revolves around the third jersey (Wordmark, numbers all over the arena) i won't if that'll change, or just stay the same without the jersey, like with the slug word marks

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Well this sucks, i got one for Christmas and now it's being retired(Sabres 3rd)

EDIT: Considering most of the current branding revolves around the third jersey (Wordmark, numbers all over the arena) i won't if that'll change, or just stay the same without the jersey, like with the slug word marks

Take good care of it, maybe it'll become rare in the future. :P

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Anaheim Ducks

New alternate

Arizona Coyotes

Buffalo Sabres

Colorado Avalanche

New York Islanders

Washington Capitals

1. Hope it involves the Mighty Duck Mask as a crest.

2. Kachina or a modern update of that. Hopefully. (PS: Bring back the moon at center ice!)

3. :woot:

4. I love the color of the current Alts, so hopefully that stays.

5. Will be black and white most likely.

6. If it's not the red throwback, maybe a Navy jersey with the WEagle? The WC jerseys were ugly.

Anaheim Ducks

New alternate

Arizona Coyotes

Buffalo Sabres

Colorado Avalanche

New York Islanders

Washington Capitals

Didn't think the Ducks would bring in a new third so soon. I'm fully expecting it to be orange. I'd like the Mighty Ducks crest to return but I'm not expecting it to.

The Coyotes rebrand should be interesting. Given the reception the throwbacks got, I'm also wondering if that'll influence the direction they take. But I doubt they'll straight up bring back the originals.

I actually don't mind the Avs current third, as much as it is a Rangers clone it's still better than the crummy home and roads.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Didn't someone just post new (possibly Kachina throwback) jerseys will be available in the Coyotes store in September? Gotta think they are going back to that logo, or those colors, or something...

Hoping the Avs bring back the burgandy faux-Rangers alternate. Shame they won't make changes to the home and road, and I wish they'd adjust the number font back to the pre-2007 days.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

No Calgary ? Will they ever get rid of those horrors...

No kidding eh? That team is incompetent. They fix the striping and shoulder patch problems only to slap an awful script on the front and call it the third. SMH...

Hoping the Avs bring back the burgandy faux-Rangers alternate. Shame they won't make changes to the home and road, and I wish they'd adjust the number font back to the pre-2007 days.

I hope the third is a direct throwback to the burgundy pre-edge. At least then, they could look decent half the time in the playoffs (should they make it). On another note, why do they have to look the Rangers? With a name like "Avalanche" there are plenty of options for being creative.

Archived