2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

From the ECHL Bureau, the Orlando Solar Bears present: "How To Ruin A Look"

2015-10-08-jerseygroup.jpg

Go O6-era fauxback when your colors are peak '90s, shrink your well-received logo inside a thick roundel, and in that roundel, misalign your team name so that, instead of being the Orlando Solar Bears, it looks like you are the Orlando Solar Bears, a rec league team sponsored by the local alternative energy company. Yuck.

Don't worry, there's also contrasting nameplates

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unpopular opinion here, but I like the scalloped hems of the EDGE template. I just feel it flows better with the uniform as a whole, especially considering players are bending at the hip quite often when playing.

Except that it looks like a diaper...

USATSI_7520508_149008644_lowres-21.jpg

It throws off what could rightfully be the best uniform in sports, and that's not ok.

The scoop hem was used for the Predators Mustard third jersey and the Canucks red tide fade third jersey. Neither time it was noticed because it was the same color as the pants. Both times it was dumb. Someone should've really pointed that out to reebok before they used it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Just got done watching the Wild-Avs game, (Parise with the HATTY!!!) and the new "C" logo doesn't look so bad on the Avs shoulders, but it isn't the Yeti foot, and The middle is NAVY! So they added another color. I know all that was talked about, but it still baffles me why they added Navy.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I like Colorado's new shoulder logo better than the yeti foot. Yep, I said it.

I honestly don't mind it as much as I thought I would. I just don't like the direction they are going with the super Colorado Identity. They definitely are introducing Navy to the scheme. Last night the free pom-poms at every seat were all navy instead of the normal white.

It is like they are going towards a "Colorado Coloradans" identity. Enough already.

Just got done watching the Wild-Avs game, (Parise with the HATTY!!!) and the new "C" logo doesn't look so bad on the Avs shoulders, but it isn't the Yeti foot, and The middle is NAVY! So they added another color. I know all that was talked about, but it still baffles me why they added Navy.

That game sucked! Haha ;)

They are changing to Navy because look at the Colorado State flag is navy. They needed to introduce the color into their scheme somehow.

Gorgeous.

I hope they wear them a lot.

Easily the best sweater they have.

They look like a real NHL team!:

CQ5JyEiUcAEUY95.jpg

I believe this is the first time the Avalanche have not worn black pants in a game too. Or helmets/gloves for that matter.

Bring on the Navy!!

Go O6-era fauxback when your colors are peak '90s, shrink your well-received logo inside a thick roundel, and in that roundel, misalign your team name so that, instead of being the Orlando Solar Bears, it looks like you are the Orlando Solar Bears, a rec league team sponsored by the local alternative energy company. Yuck.

Don't worry, there's also contrasting nameplates

They had the contrasting nameplates already, which were the only things wrong with their previous set.

In some ways, I like this new set; the chest stripe isn't quite full-on Habs, and it strangely works with these colors. But the roundel with the text problems sod mentioned? Nooo. Free the bear! Also, skip the black alt and go with that bright orange.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Free the bear!

Even though this isn't a Portland Timbers thread, I admire your continued dedication to the cause.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Gorgeous.

I hope they wear them a lot.

Easily the best sweater they have.

They look like a real NHL team!:

CQ5JyEiUcAEUY95.jpg

I believe this is the first time the Avalanche have not worn black pants in a game too. Or helmets/gloves for that matter.

Bring on the Navy!!

These look pretty awesome. Not a huge fan of the logo but overall they are easily the best jersey the Avs have now. Has anyone done a mock up of a white version of this? I think a white jersey with the navy pants and helmet would look even better. I could see them making one and making them their new primary jerseys next season.

Their previous uniforms were a cluttered mess of awkward stripes, piping and panels, but this is not an improvement at all.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived